Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Default LockUp Raw Corcoran - MSNBC - 6 week series

Hello! When I was visiting this past Sunday my man told me that his councelor told him that MSNBC will be airing Corcoran State Prison on Lockup. In my area it comes on at 9:00pm and there is another one following at 10:00pm. I'm pretty sure these are the new ones. He had told me months ago that there were camera crews and such in the prison, he wasn't sure what it was for at the time.

Just thought I'd let you all know. I know that I'll be watching to see what he is living in! Because all we ever see is the visiting room!

I just looked on MSNBC's website. I guess this series started August 2nd, and will run for 6 weeks!

Wish I would have known!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Busy Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,085 Posts

There was one on Friday night it showed the SNY yard and different things at Corcoran. There is also a Lock Up Raw about Corcoran I think? I've seen many of the Lock Up's they are interesting.

CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Old 08-11-2008, 02:03 PM

i loved watching that. my man is on sny and i loved seeing where he was livin.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Miss my KiNg

I just looked it up online for info on the series, there is a show tonight, Tuesday, and Saturday for this week. My husband's best friend is there at Corcoran while my husband is NKSp at reception.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,941 Times in 1,336 Posts

Yeah, I saw them!!! They are new, I've never seen these before. It was very interesting.

I was looking for my man everywhere. I know my friend's husband was playing handball while they were recording. But my man will never go on camera; but at least seeing the inside of his yard and where his bed is at.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

I found this one interesting. Now I know what an IGI "hearing" is like. I just read about the 25 Gang on PTO and did not know what it was. My Mom was watching it with me, not a good idea when your guy is in the SHU... What I like is that it is not the "freak" show that they have been portraying.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Miss my KiNg

It was quite interesting to see what it looks like on the inside and the whole process that they go through, I'll be sure to watch the rest of the series!!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
~Hubby's Home~

My husband and I have been glued to the corcoran series that they have been showing. My h=usband was in corcoran for 1 1/2 years and paroled in 2006, he too has recognized alot of familar faces. It's good for us to see so we understand what our guys have/had to go t hrough on a daily basis. Myhusband always tells me that I would never understand how hard it was for him to get through each day, you never know what is going to happen.

Good luck to all you ladies that visit every week, you are awesome, I did it while he was down, and it's a hard job, but you have to keep your heads up and be strong
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kristinam79 For This Useful Post:
Junior'sQueen (08-17-2008), mylifehiswife08 (08-29-2008), Robbieinmyheart (08-20-2008), traviesita (08-18-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,077 Posts

Hi Ladies! I just watched the episodes on Corcoran last night. They are called Extended Stay. I am so glad the CDC let the cameras inside to give us a glimpse of life on the inside.

The Following User Says Thank You to his#1 bball fan For This Useful Post:
mylifehiswife08 (08-29-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 11:47 PM

Hi ladies...yeah they were filming in Feb all the way through march of this year...I remember when we had our family visit they were filming the couple who had a visit the same time we did.....remember they edit alot!!!! still interesting...............
Old 08-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Donation Award 

Yesterday when I went to visiting, one of the CO's & I shortly spoke about the filiming and he said they (MSNBC) EDITED alot out. Such as fights, and a few other things he mentioned. We both thought they should have left it in. But, oh well. But still very interesting to see the inside of where our men are at.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:15 AM
BLINDEDsfv

Default msnbc

They Repeat Alot Of The Corcoran Lock Up Series During The Week....i Have Recorded All Of Them. I've Seen The Building My Fiance's In And The Phone He Calls Me From. I Recognized Alot Of The Co's And Isu Officers That I Came In Contact There When I Would Visit Alot. I Do Have To Say The La County Jail Lockup Series Is Where I Saw My Man In...good Insight To Our Loved One's Life On The Inside....i've Been To Chowchilla And Vspw And The Men Have It Alot Harder Than Women. Enjoy The Shows And God Bless.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 PM

I am waiting for them to get into boo's yard. I have only seen the first three so far, and can't wait for a new one to be on. At least I know where he has been and sort of what he has to go through. He tell's me not to watch it, it isn't good for me. But it is nice. I am on the other side of the country, can't get out to visit until April, so this is how I feel closer to him... I just wish they didn't make it look so nice and peaceful, well, maybe I do. I don't think I could deal with knowing all of it...
The Following User Says Thank You to vskarski79 For This Useful Post:
Sun'skitty (09-06-2008)
Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Miss my KiNg

LockUp airs tonight..in the info button on my cable it doesn't say what the topic is..so I know if it is a rerun or a new one! We'll see tonight.....
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
*Mayhems wifey*

I love those shows, i know you ladies will be watching out for your husbands.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Miss my KiNg

Darn repeats!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:07 PM

seriously is there only 2 different ones or what???
Old 09-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by penners wife View Post
seriously is there only 2 different ones or what???

Tonight it comes on again and I hope it is a new episode!!! If not I think I may have seem them all..
Old 09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Miss my KiNg

Well last night was a new epsiode finally...it mentioned the stabbing at another facility back in February with 2 guards and it didn't say how many prisoners. It was interesting....
Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Well last night was a new epsiode finally...it mentioned the stabbing at another facility back in February with 2 guards and it didn't say how many prisoners. It was interesting....
YES, YOU ARE RIGHT........ It was a new episode, at least for me. Yep, mentioned the Tehachapi incident. It definitely was interesting. And how they did the search of the PIA laundry building, etc.... very, very interesting.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:25 PM

i know it was great i love watching them just to see what he sees
Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 AM
~*oFFiCiaLLy MiSSiN YoU*~

hey ladies... my man isnt at corcoran but i love watching the series cuz it kinda gives me a look into prison life... but i had seen 2 new episodes this weekend... it was on realllllly late night but they said repeat on the info so maybe its episodes they dont repeat alot... BUT I HOPE YOU LADIES GET TO SEE IT SOON !!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

I recognized two people on that show that are in visiting and from what i hear they are suing LOCKUP because they did not sign a release to be on that program. What got me is this guys are in a SNY program for a reason so why were they allowed to film on a SNY yard and show these mens faces. When they drop out a lot of times no one knows what happens to them.

Also, how was that guy allowed to say he had sex on tv when sex between imates is not allowed. Yes, I know it happens but to actually admit it on tv and maybe get away with it is crazy.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy may View Post
I recognized two people on that show that are in visiting and from what i hear they are suing LOCKUP because they did not sign a release to be on that program. What got me is this guys are in a SNY program for a reason so why were they allowed to film on a SNY yard and show these mens faces. When they drop out a lot of times no one knows what happens to them.

Also, how was that guy allowed to say he had sex on tv when sex between imates is not allowed. Yes, I know it happens but to actually admit it on tv and maybe get away with it is crazy.
You know, you have such a valid point about the filming on SNY........Why would they allow that? Very interesting! I honestly never thought about it. I do notice though, some of the faces are either blurred, or they put their arms up if they are walking to cover themselves to not be shown.

But very good point DaisyMay!!! As for them adimitting having sex, I believe they can admit it, but to be caught is different. They would have to be caught or witnessed, if I am not mistken to be written up. But I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

I told my man that I watched it and he said yeah, when they were there filiming he stayed away from the cameras. BUt not all faces were blurred and many were seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior'sQueen View Post
You know, you have such a valid point about the filming on SNY........Why would they allow that? Very interesting! I honestly never thought about it. I do notice though, some of the faces are either blurred, or they put their arms up if they are walking to cover themselves to not be shown.

But very good point DaisyMay!!! As for them adimitting having sex, I believe they can admit it, but to be caught is different. They would have to be caught or witnessed, if I am not mistken to be written up. But I'm not 100% sure on that one.