Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prisons & Jails > Western Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (WRDCC) - Missouri
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Western Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (WRDCC) - Missouri Topics and discussion specific to Western Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (WRDCC) in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Default Son sent to St. Joseph MO for treatment, need info

My son just went through diagnostics in Bonne Terre. He was only there 2 weeks. Today his atty went to see him and he was gone. They sent him to St. Joseph MO to a treatment center. Anyone have any info? What is it like there? Security wise, Visit rules, phone calls? I tried to look it up online but I can't find anything. This was very unexpected. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 03:33 PM

Default wrdcc

the place in st joseph is wrdcc I cant remember wht those letters stand for. it is the reception for western MO it also has a treatment center, It is not a bad place. There will be some more people along who can give you more inf, Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to emotionalmama For This Useful Post:
G_Momma (06-19-2008)
Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Default need info

If anyone has any useful information about St. Joseph MO I would appreciate it. I hope it is a decent facility. Anyone know about local hotels or housing for inmates families? What about trains? Local cabs?
I will have to travel over 6 hours to get there and I am a little concerned.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm doing fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurmanMom View Post
My son just went through diagnostics in Bonne Terre. He was only there 2 weeks. Today his atty went to see him and he was gone. They sent him to St. Joseph MO to a treatment center. Anyone have any info? What is it like there? Security wise, Visit rules, phone calls? I tried to look it up online but I can't find anything. This was very unexpected. Thank You.
My fiance was there in February I believe before they transferred him to Cameron. But we were able to visit once while there, non-contact for 2 hours. But anyway when he got there he sent papers that had information on visitation, so here is what information that I have for you about visitation, as far motels and all that, because I was only up there once, I dont really know too much about that but someone else will come along who probably does, then any other questions you might want to call up there and find out if no one here knows, but usually someone should be able to answer any of your questions. Hope this helps!

Its called Western Reception Diagnostic and Correctional Center
the address is : 3401 Faraon St, St Joseph MO 64506
Phone number 816-387-2158

VISITATION: FRIENDS AND FAMILY ORIENTATION
Only new commitments housed at the Reception Center may recieve Friends and Family Orientation visits during the first 30 days of thier incarceration. To schedule a visit, you must call between 8:30 am and 9:30 am on the Tuesday you wish to visit and leave your name, phone number, offenders name and identification number with the receptionist. You will recieve a confirmation call before noon regarding your scheduled visit. Visits are scheduled at 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00pm. Call are taken in the order they are received. No children will be allowed at this visit. Two adults, 18 years of age or older may visit, however, only one person is allowed in the visiting room at a time. The visit time (1hour) will be divided up among the number of visitors. DIS-SEG, TASG and AD-SEG offenders are not qulaified for this visit.

30 DAY SPECIAL VISIT:
After the offender has been in the Diagnostic Center for 30 days he is allowed one Special visit (2 hours in duration) per calender month. The offender must ask for the Special Visit Form., fill it out and return it his wing caseworker. The offender will be informed as to when it has been approved. It is his responsibility to inform the visitor. Allow at least 5 working days for processing visiting applications. Two adults, 18 years of age and older (named by the offender) may visit, however, only one person is allowed in the room at a time. Children may visit one child is allowed in the room at a time with an adult. Other children present for the visit mut not be left unsupervised. Another adult must be present to supervise any additional children.

TASC-AD/SEG-DIS/SEG-PC VISITS:
If an offender is assigned to TASC, Administrative Segregation, Disciplinary Segregation, or Protective Custody, visiting hours are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00am to 10:00am. The offender must request this visit on a Special Visit Request Form if he is a HU#10 offender.

Visiting Days for 30 day Special Visits are: Thursday through Sunday 5-7pm, 6-8pm, 7-9pm, and 8-10pm. Visitors must have valid identification in the form of a driver's license or state issued picture ID card. If recently married, bring your marriage license. NO ITEMS are to brought into the institution for the offenders during a visit.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM

Does anyone know if there is any other transportation from kansas city to the st. joseph facility? Trying not to pay the expensive Greyhound prices. Want to visit my son. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschellep View Post
Does anyone know if there is any other transportation from kansas city to the st. joseph facility? Trying not to pay the expensive Greyhound prices. Want to visit my son. Thank you!
-------
Don't give up ! I'm working on it. I need to find the facebook page for you.

Charter Bus Transportation Available in MO

We specialize in providing transportation via charter buses to inmate families and friends. We have multiple stops and work within ALL cities and towns accessible to Interstates and Highways! We go to MULTIPLE facilities!

Our first trips will take place in February plus we will run every month EXCEPT October.

In 2012, we will launch our first summer retreat for children who have a family member incarcerated! This is very exciting for us. We provide trips nationwide!

Also, I am looking for family members to help me spread the word that we are here for friends and families. We try to keep the trips between $15-$25/seat.
If you are interested in helping and need some extra funds, contact me via this thread.

This is one of the greatest jobs I have ever had and I am thankful to God that I can make a difference in someone's life! Thanks for your time and help!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Donation Award 

I found this, but it's late and my alarm clock is set for a.m.
I didn't have time to check it out. Good Luck !!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/CET...48518778554453
*Visitation Trip Schedule and Updates
Hello everyone! We are getting a tremendous response from families and friends through PTO and outside marketing. Plus, we are receiving requests from families and friends to become Family Liaisons. This is a MAJOR part of our success plus each Family Liaison earns money for each seat connected to their referrals. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!

At this moment, we are gearing up for our upcoming holidays. There will be a LOT of trips taking place in March and April but we realize that MANY people want to visit in May and June for Mother's and Father's Day. Kids will be out of school in June. This is a great time to schedule a family visit! So beginning in February, if you have a loved one at a facility that you would like to visit, give us a call or email. Once we get the request, we begin setting up the trip which takes about 30-45 days to establish. This involves notifying other potential CET passengers that we are coming and they can connect with us for a trip!

Please keep in mind that we would like to provide transportation on the specific holiday; however, you will need to adhere to the visitation schedule of the facility you plan to visit. Our goal is to get you there for that day or at least during the month!

Furthermore, if you need to visit someone who is in a different state from the one you currently reside, there is now assistance!!!
These trips are through our Family Liaison, who is a Travel Agent. We understand that the price of your trip may cost more due to the mode of travel and hotel stay. All the discounts we receive are passed to our visitors PLUS you have the opportunity to make installment plans on trips that are 30 days in advance! This simply means you do NOT have to come up with the entire amount all at once.

We require only 1/2 of the cost of your seats for reservations through our Charter Bus trips. Then, within a month or an agreed upon date, the balance is due. This is great if you need to reserve more than one seat!

In addition, if you need to visit a Federal Facility, please see our posting in the Federal Visits Forum.

Please keep in mind, WE ARE HERE TO HELP! If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to give us a call or send an email.

We are also building our "Testimonial" Wall on Facebook beginning in February. If you are a CET passenger and would like to take pictures and share them with others, we will provide free T-Shirts at your request.

Again, we look forward to a great Spring and Summer season. Please pray we are able to help more and more people!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:42 PM

My boyfriend was also at Bonne Terre for diagnostics and then was tranferred to St. Joe. Here is everything I can tell you about it from my experience so far:

When they first get there they can't make any phone calls for the first week. Then, they can make 1 phone call. Then, they can't call for 2 weeks, then after 2 weeks they phase up and they can call 2 times a week for 40 days. After 40 days they can phase up and call as much as they want. Phone calls are limited to 15 minutes. They usually call after dinner which is around 6pm-9:30pm.

You can visit them after they phase up to the second phase. You can visit on the weekends, Saturday or Sunday. The visits are contact and they are 4 hours long. You can come from 9:30am-1:30am or 2:30pm-6:30pm both Saturday and Sunday. You need to get there 30 minutes early so they can process you. When you get there you go through the circle drive in to the front doors, through an xray scanner. They will get your information and there are lockers for your belongings. It takes a quarter but you get it back. The people were extrememly nice. A simple tshirt and jeans is the best way to go. No holes in pants, nothing too tight, and no logos. You can give a hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visit. You can bring up to $40 in quarters. They will love getting stuff from the vending machines which ranges from $1-$4. They can get sandwiches, sodas, candy, etc. There is a play area for kids as well. Make sure you bring your ID!

I stayed at the super 8 when I went which was about $60/night and it was right down the road not even 3 minutes away. It was right off the highway and close to eveything. There are places closer to the prison though that I will probably check out next time.

My boyfriend will be done in exactly 2 months and he is doing pretty good so far. They are in classes Monday thru Friday all day pretty much. They learn a lot and to us it was a blessing in disguise. Good luck with everyone and let me know if you have ANY questions. I can try to get you any answers.
The Following User Says Thank You to NicoleL26 For This Useful Post:
apekast (10-22-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Momma View Post
If anyone has any useful information about St. Joseph MO I would appreciate it. I hope it is a decent facility. Anyone know about local hotels or housing for inmates families? What about trains? Local cabs?
I will have to travel over 6 hours to get there and I am a little concerned.
Also, I live in STL so I had to drive 5 1/2 hours. The drive was worth it! You can take the train but it wasn't much cheaper really. So, I drove instead.

And you must be approved for a visit. Your son will need to send you a visiting form, fill it out, send it back to him, and he will turn it in. It takes 1-2 weeks to get approved. Your son has to let you know when you are approved. Once approved you can visit him as long as he is at least in the 2nd phase.

Last edited by NicoleL26; 03-28-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleL26 View Post
My boyfriend was also at Bonne Terre for diagnostics and then was tranferred to St. Joe. Here is everything I can tell you about it from my experience so far:

When they first get there they can't make any phone calls for the first week. Then, they can make 1 phone call. Then, they can't call for 2 weeks, then after 2 weeks they phase up and they can call 2 times a week for 40 days. After 40 days they can phase up and call as much as they want. Phone calls are limited to 15 minutes. They usually call after dinner which is around 6pm-9:30pm.

You can visit them after they phase up to the second phase. You can visit on the weekends, Saturday or Sunday. The visits are contact and they are 4 hours long. You can come from 9:30am-1:30am or 2:30pm-6:30pm both Saturday and Sunday. You need to get there 30 minutes early so they can process you. When you get there you go through the circle drive in to the front doors, through an xray scanner. They will get your information and there are lockers for your belongings. It takes a quarter but you get it back. The people were extrememly nice. A simple tshirt and jeans is the best way to go. No holes in pants, nothing too tight, and no logos. You can give a hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visit. You can bring up to $40 in quarters. They will love getting stuff from the vending machines which ranges from $1-$4. They can get sandwiches, sodas, candy, etc. There is a play area for kids as well. Make sure you bring your ID!

I stayed at the super 8 when I went which was about $60/night and it was right down the road not even 3 minutes away. It was right off the highway and close to eveything. There are places closer to the prison though that I will probably check out next time.

My boyfriend will be done in exactly 2 months and he is doing pretty good so far. They are in classes Monday thru Friday all day pretty much. They learn a lot and to us it was a blessing in disguise. Good luck with everyone and let me know if you have ANY questions. I can try to get you any answers.
Great post, and we totally agree about it being a blessing! Do you know if he was getting his mail in Phase 1? Since they aren't allowed to use the phone, we've been trying correspond by writting letters, but He keeps writting that he still hasn't received any mail. Anybody have an idea? I've been looking around for the rules for the different phases of the program and can not find anything. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Chris'sbabe

Well my bf is suppose to or should i say hopefully getting transferred to St. Joe. So they can't talk to anyone for the first week that they are there is that right? That bites altogether.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Chris'sbabe

My fiance just got transferred to St. Joe and yes they can't call no one for the first week. Yes it does bites. I finally got a call from him telling me he won't be able to call until the 26 now which totally sucks. But any information would help if anyone know any please let me know.
apekast (10-22-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 AM

Default info for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Momma View Post

My fiance is at Western Reception Diagnostic Correctional Center (WRDCC) as well, the visitation is very easy, the rules are online if you google WRDCC and click the visiting rules!
I use Securus for phone calls it is .05 a minute and you have to make a 25$ refill but it is worth it to them to hear our voices! Hope this helps!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM

My husband just finished his treatment at WRDCC on Friday. He was moved to the other side to finish out his time (he has 2 weeks left!!!). They stuck him in ad seg over there (I called and asked why he hadn't called me) and I have no idea why. Is that a normal procedure or is something up?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM

Default I wouldnt worry

I just left wrdc treatment center and I saw a few guys that had to finish out a few weeks in the adseg after they were done with treatment. As far as not being able to call no you are not allowed to use the phone in adseg but like once a month so he will most likely be out before he is able to get that call so I wouldn't worry.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:22 AM

My boyfriend was sent to WRDCC almost a month ago and he does not know anything about his release yet (he only had about 23 days to serve before parole), but they haven't told him anything yet. He was placed in Protective Custody last week...can anyone give me any info on this???
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM

My fiance just got to WRDCC last thursday. He got to call me yesterday finally. Told me he couldnt make any calls until he went to phase 2 which should be NEXT week. That sucks because I am used to hiim calling me EVERY day. He was transferred from Fulton Reception and Diagnostics to WRDCC to finish his treatment. He should be out at the end of June 2013. I just sent him a package in the mail of letters and pictures from me and our kids. I know he will enjoy it. I should get to see him in a couple of weeks. I know this time is difficult not just for them because they cant call us, but for us because we cant talk to them and know how they are doing. Does anyone have any advice? I feel like these next 90 days while he's in treatment will drag on. Was it slow or did it go by fast for those who have had a LO in the treatment center? Any ideas on how to keep myself busy while waiting for hiim to come home? I really need a contact visit. Its been 8 months so far since he's been home.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM

So my fiance's in HU 10-protective custody. Am I reading this right that he won't get to call me? It's been almost 3 weeks since he transferred from Moberly and no calls. Got 4 letters from him. Just wondering WHY he hasn't called? They don't get calls in protective custody here? Cuz he did at Moberly. He called like 5-6 times/day at Moberly. Is this not an option at wrdcc? I'm so confused. I put $ on his books last Wednesday and it's 8 days since then and still no call... I just don't know what's going on there and the ppl on the phone aren't very forthcoming with info.