Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PENNSYLVANIA Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Pennsylvania - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM

Default Anyone know how to find out an inmates sentence?

the last time i talked to him was in march as of then he was thinking he would be out before my bday in sept. then he was in sci somerset i looked today and hes in sci albion so I dont know what he was sentenced to but im assuming he wont be out by sept or they would not have transferred him. But things are a little different cause his was a parole violation so he was never taken to camp hill for classification. he was automatically taken to sci somerset which was the prison he was released from.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
PrOpErTy Of MiChAeL

Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,607 Posts

All you need to do is check the web docket sheets. Here is the link:
http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/WebDock...ketSheets.aspx

Go to court of common pleas and then click on other criteria on the next page put in his name and at least the county in which he was sentenced then clcik search. It will list all his cases. Then just clcik on select next to the case you want to view. His sentence will be listed in the docket sheet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xgot420issuesx For This Useful Post:
jancy (06-12-2008), Mittenz (06-11-2008)
Old 06-10-2008, 02:18 PM

thanks but i tried that one and the last case is in 2005 was since released to a halfway house and recieved a parole violaton and sent back. I looked thru the docket and the only thing i noticed that was up to date was it says 4/2/08 that he is incarcerated in sci albion so idk where else to look.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn17603 View Post
thanks but i tried that one and the last case is in 2005 was since released to a halfway house and recieved a parole violaton and sent back. I looked thru the docket and the only thing i noticed that was up to date was it says 4/2/08 that he is incarcerated in sci albion so idk where else to look.
You can try different spelling of the name, I know with my huz it took me a few tries to get the present charge. ALL cahrges are listed in seperate dockets, so try differet spellin and any just play around with it a little, it HAS to be there...
Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 PM
PrOpErTy Of MiChAeL

Quote:

You need to look at the sentence.... where it lists the original sentence.... under it it will list the new date he was re-sentenced. My husband had a parole violation.... they just updated the date of sentencing next to the original sentence. So originally he was sentenced to 1 year parole so they just re-sentenced him to the same. They usually take away any street time they had and they have to serve the parole over again in prison. That is the way it has always worked for my husband. He has violated a few times ... for technical violations and they always just re-sentenced him.
He may not have been re-sentenced yet though. he may be waiting to be sentenced still.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/PublicR...204:46:42%20PM

see if that works cause im still not seeing anything but as you see there are alot of charges so maybe i missed something. i have tried different variations with nothing really showing anything

Old 06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

If you have not done so already, you can try to enter a different variable other than "county" and see what you find.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 PM

i have tried that with different things and I still cant find anything

Old 06-11-2008, 06:59 AM
PrOpErTy Of MiChAeL

Smile

Quote:
http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/PublicR...204:46:42%20PM

see if that works cause im still not seeing anything but as you see there are alot of charges so maybe i missed something. i have tried different variations with nothing really showing anything

I am thinking, he hasn't been re-senteced yet. He should have had a gagnon hearing by now though. It took 3 months for my husband to have his gagnon hearing though. All you can do is keep checking to see if anything alse is added to his docket sheet.
It is straange though why there isn't anything listed. I went through it and I can't figure it out. I am pretty good with these docket sheets too. But they haven't listed anything on there, not even that he violated parole. But thinking about it, nothing was listed on my husbands case that he violated on either until he had his gagnon hearing and then again when he was re-sentenced. If I can figure it out for you I will let you know.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 AM

thanks yea he went back in january so its been about 6 months or so. I dont know what other options I have to see if he was sentenced or not. But im not understanding why they would transfer his prison

Old 06-11-2008, 06:25 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

If his violation was a technical and there were no additional outside charges, nothing additional will show up in any database.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 06-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Papa's weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgot420issuesx View Post
All you need to do is check the web docket sheets. Here is the link:
http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/WebDock...ketSheets.aspx

Go to court of common pleas and then click on other criteria on the next page put in his name and at least the county in which he was sentenced then clcik search. It will list all his cases. Then just clcik on select next to the case you want to view. His sentence will be listed in the docket sheet.
Thanks for the info... I appreciate it!! However I just opened a can of worms I was not prepared for.

Mack has ALL my love on lock!!
Taking you away for me/would be no damn good me/said I need you in my life/no one could compare to you
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM

so how much time do you get a technical violation?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

First he must be found guilty of the violation [there is a hearing]; if found guilty, the length of the hit depends [mostly] on the severity of the violation.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 06-12-2008, 06:36 PM

ty so im guessing only way to find out is waiting to hear from him?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

Yes, and the hearing won't happen "overnight" either.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM

well he has been there for about 5 or 6 months already so there should be a decision by now right? I sent him an email thru jpay so hopefully he gets it fast and can write back

Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
PrOpErTy Of MiChAeL

I never heard of anyone waiting 5 or 6 months to have their hearing. I would say he already had the hearing and he would know how long his hit is for. The longest my husband had to wait for a gagnon hearing is 3 months which is crazy long, but that is only because he had new charges. For a technical vioolation they usually do nto wait that long to hold the hearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to xgot420issuesx For This Useful Post:
carolyn17603 (06-13-2008)
Old 06-13-2008, 01:41 PM

ty. well i live near harrisburg and camp hell and they took him back to where he was released from at sci somerset out west then in april he was moved to sci albion near erie. im not understanding why they would move him? like im thinking if he was getting out in a few months why move him further away? Do them moving him mean maybe he got a long time?

Old 06-13-2008, 04:25 PM
PrOpErTy Of MiChAeL

Quote:
ty. well i live near harrisburg and camp hell and they took him back to where he was released from at sci somerset out west then in april he was moved to sci albion near erie. im not understanding why they would move him? like im thinking if he was getting out in a few months why move him further away? Do them moving him mean maybe he got a long time?
I wouldn't read too much into how far they moved him. I am not sure why he didn't just have to serve out hit violation at the same prison he had been in. Someone else may be able to answer this better than me. This is the first time my husband has has to serve a parole violation upstate. He had never been upstate before. His time has always been served in the county prison. He has violated a few times...... technical, they get you anyway they can. But this time he caught new chagres with his violation so he is now upstate. Perhaps, they send them back to the prison they were released from and then onto a new prison so they are not just sending the person back to the same enviroment they were used to in the first place. I am not sure if I am explaining what I mean correctly of not. The original prsion maybe only for not classification but something of that sort. Like only to get him back in and then on to a new prison.
Like I said I don't really know I am only guessing at what seems to make sence to me. As we know, nothing the DOC does makes much sence at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xgot420issuesx For This Useful Post:
carolyn17603 (06-13-2008), michellecasey (06-14-2008)
Old 06-16-2008, 04:04 PM

I still havnt heard from him and I sent him a letter thru jpay on the 11th. Im wondering if he has no envelopes cause I know he doesnt get money. I cant even help cause im out of work. But if I call the prison he is at do you think they can tell me his sentence?

Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Forever his Juliet

I was able to find his name and everything but the amount of time was not listed on it. It's a hbg case and he's been on over 10 years so does that make a difference?

I was taught that one hour equals 60 minutes and that one minute equals 60 seconds. They never taught me that one second without you, lasts forever

Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

The prison is not likely to tell you anything about his sentence and will cite confidentiality rules, unless you are his spouse [and it is on his paperwork]. Prisoners in PA get 5 envelopes and 5 stamps per month gratis.

ERacism

and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 06-18-2008, 09:58 AM

I was calling the state parole board and they are actually very helpful. They sounded like they will tell you anything you wanna know. She couldnt give me info on mine because she wasnt sure of his progress with programs so but that lady has me severly confused first she said he wouldnt have to go in front of the parole board again if it was a misconduct but if it was a violation he would and I dont know which his is, I called the prison she gave me a max date of may 2009. She directed me to the parole office in the prison they could help me more. well of course I have to call back in an hr cause there at lunch. Does any of this make sense? also does anyone know what the fast track or back on track something like that is?

Last edited by carolyn17603; 06-18-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 AM
PrOpErTy Of MiChAeL

Quote:
I was calling the state parole board and they are actually very helpful. They sounded like they will tell you anything you wanna know. She couldnt give me info on mine because she wasnt sure of his progress with programs so but that lady has me severly confused first she said he wouldnt have to go in front of the parole board again if it was a misconduct but if it was a violation he would and I dont know which his is, I called the prison she gave me a max date of may 2009. She directed me to the parole office in the prison they could help me more. well of course I have to call back in an hr cause there at lunch. Does any of this make sense? also does anyone know what the fast track or back on track something like that is?

I Think and I stress think, the difference between a misconduct and a violation is.... a misconduct is considered a technical violation and a violation is if he went back in on new charges. It is confusing, when they issued a warrant on my husband they issued it on a misconduct, he had gotten pulled over for DUI and becuase as you know blood tests have to come back before he can be charged all parole could get him on was a technical. When they came to get him he tried to run and they got him onn new charges. So that is why he had to have a parole hearing in order to get out. On a misconduct.... Techenical ... they tell him at his gagnon how much time he has to serve and that is that. There is no parole hearing. So i think that is the difference right there for you.I hope I am answering your question right. Let me know what the prison parole office says, if I was right or not.
I am not sure of the fast track program but I think if you go to the DOC website they have a link that tells you about it on there. Or of course, someone here may be know what it is.