Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Imma B Here....

Default Today I Made Him the Happiest Man Alive!

My guy hadn't seen his son in almost four years because he and his ex don't get along. Because his son is now a teenager and his dad feels so guilty for not being there to help guide him (lately his son has been getting off track), he's been totally bothered, mentioning it almost daily. I set out to ease his mind, cuz that's what we as women do. I contacted a notary, went and talked to his sons mother, got her to sign a letter stating that her son could visit his dad as well as got her to agree that I could be a designated person to take him to see him, and today I brought his son to see him. They held eachother for like 10 minutes and cried. Shoot! The entire visiting room stared in amazement and cried along with us. It was a beautiful sight.
What have you done (other than getting together with him)to make him the happiest man on earth?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyBaby For This Useful Post:
1Luv4Him (06-08-2008), Joe'sPumpkinPie (06-10-2008), LoveLikeThis (06-10-2008), pinkkrazr (06-08-2008), thingstosay (06-10-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,594 Times in 2,182 Posts

We i have always visited my husband even while i was preg with our first and only child. I think 2 things that made him smile the most was the first time he saw our daughter and how she sat up straight when he walked out and smiled as she recognized him.

also the very first time that she ran, was when at one of our visits when he came thru the door and she screamed daddy and took off running towards him. it was such a great moment, that i can still see it in my mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jillian For This Useful Post:
Joe'sPumpkinPie (06-10-2008), thingstosay (06-10-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I Love Him To Death!
Donation Award 

I haven't had the opportunity to do anything like that for my man, but your story brought tears to my eyes. What a nice surprise for him. And wtg you for doing what ya had to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysUs2011 For This Useful Post:
LadyBaby (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Patiently waitin'...

i think my man really loved me to pieces when i showed up for the first visit... i was and still am the only one that really, truly cares to drive all the way up there. and when i gave away all my visits for 2 weeks when his sister was in town. and oh, when i brought him a sudoku book as a surprise. and getting in touch with his lawyer and stuff.
i don't do big huge things but i make sure he feels loved.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

1 Corinthians 13

Old 06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts

When I went to see my man in wayside for the first time, when he came out, he asked me how I got there & i told him the bus (a four hour ride each way). He told me that in all the time he's been in jail (quite a bit), that nobody has ever gone out of their way like that for him.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

Default Round the way girl LL Cool J

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBaby View Post
My guy hadn't seen his son in almost four years because he and his ex don't get along. Because his son is now a teenager and his dad feels so guilty for not being there to help guide him (lately his son has been getting off track), he's been totally bothered, mentioning it almost daily. I set out to ease his mind, cuz that's what we as women do. I contacted a notary, went and talked to his sons mother, got her to sign a letter stating that her son could visit his dad as well as got her to agree that I could be a designated person to take him to see him, and today I brought his son to see him. They held eachother for like 10 minutes and cried. Shoot! The entire visiting room stared in amazement and cried along with us. It was a beautiful sight.
What have you done (other than getting together with him)to make him the happiest man on earth?
Good Stuff

He is home. Countdown to June 9th Wedding Date
The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful64 For This Useful Post:
LadyBaby (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 05:57 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,163 Times in 6,852 Posts

Great story!! My hubby to be has a son he has never seen and i have been looking for him, I got close to finding him once then his mom moved him and her
Old 06-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Papa's weakness

I love what you did. It brought tears to my eyes. I wish i could do that for my man. His children are 10 and 7. He hasn't seen them in six years. His baby monm refuses to sign the form that will allow me or his grandmom to take them and ever since he added her to his visiting list to bring them she hasn't went. She wants to go visit him alone.
The best thing I can think that I ever did was going up to the prison and telling him face to face his father has passed away. I offered to pay for him to come home to view the body but he declined. That turned out to be a great thing because his family cremented the body and now doesn't speak to us becasue they didn't want him to know about the death. They don't realize how strong my baby is. Yesterday he was missing his dad and when I saw him he told me thank you again for telling him.

Mack has ALL my love on lock!!
Taking you away for me/would be no damn good me/said I need you in my life/no one could compare to you
The Following User Says Thank You to Mittenz For This Useful Post:
LadyBaby (06-08-2008)
Old 06-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Yep, tears here...God Bless you for bringing them back together!

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkkrazr For This Useful Post:
LadyBaby (06-08-2008)
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Closed

Default Beautiful People

Hi LadyBaby,

I don't really have a story to share in this thread but I just wanted to tell you that you are such a beautiful person for doing that for your man. Your story really touched my heart.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Loved & Committed

Quote:
How sweet!! I know how that must have made you feel!!

I did the same exact thing last year and it was beautiful. I had been hearing about these two boys for forever and a day. And I worked it out that they would be able to come with me. It was such a beautiful time for me as well. When I got home and he called to see if we got home okay and all I could do was cry...I missed them and him already. It was really beautiful.

A couple of weeks later he had roses sent to my job...I cried all over again!

The devil plays checkers. God is playing Chess.
The enemy tries to get you to see the present and get discouraged. God is seeing you and your future for generations to come. When God makes a move, it's with your future in mind. Stay focused on the future. Don't let today break you, no matter how bad it might look
~John Gray (June 2009)
Old 06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Love You 4 Life

I also take his son and daughter to see him. She always screams "Daddy" and runs into his arms. Just watching him play with them makes me cry because he is such a great dad. I also spend time with them on my own. I just took his son to see the WWE for his birthday gift from his dad. We had a great time!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:27 PM

That was a beautiful thing you did !! absolutely!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Forever His ♥
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,256 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote:
That was truly a wonderful thing you did for all three of you! Hopefully, there will be many more visits, and all three of you will stay in contact with one another.
The Following User Says Thank You to NtShadow For This Useful Post:
LadyBaby (06-10-2008)
Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Donation Award 

What a great story! I try to do as much for my by as I can but it's hard with him locked up so far away. I think the most meaningful things I have done for him is driving the 1200 mile round trip to see him every 2 months and getting in contact with his lawyer and gathering all his legal papers for him. I'm currently in the process of getting in touch with his long lost brother.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Considers the source...

Quote:
That was very special of you...a wonderful pre-Fathers Day gift!!

To answer your question...I married him
Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Forever his Juliet

wow, you are a great person for doing this!!!

I was taught that one hour equals 60 minutes and that one minute equals 60 seconds. They never taught me that one second without you, lasts forever

The Following User Says Thank You to michellecasey For This Useful Post:
LadyBaby (06-11-2008)