Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:45 AM

Default Gay Men Writing Inmates..

My friend has shown me letters he gets from gay males and it makes me think why theyd think a straight man would want them??Does being incarcerated make them "easy"..My other pen pal told me a lot of prisoners will lead on the gay men cause they always send more money than straight women..One guy was paying thousands of legal fees for a straight inmate.Maybe the gay men are just more realistic ,lol who knows...I had to laugh cause I knew a gay guy in PA who wrote like 25 prisoners and i said "how do you choose who to write" lmao he said "i write the hot ones"..guess gay men are more realistic AND honest.How many women admit you wrote him cause he was HOT.C[mon raise your hands
Old 06-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,049 Posts

Guilty ! I thought R was & is gorgeous but it wasn't for that reason alone, he ad spoke to me more than anything because we are so very much on the same level , physically & emotionally !
Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 AM

As long as the gay men keep it platonic, Stephen doesn't mind.

Yes, he was cute, but trust me, I can only talk to an idiot for so long. If he ad didn't have something more to say that I lift weights (and it didn't), I would never have written to him. I need substance.

Thinking it through.....Andrea
Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 AM

I admit when I saw him his looks did appeal to me! But I agree it has to be more than that. Of course he says he looked like a criminal and he did look kinda mean but I saw something there in his eyes that said something completely different. Wow, was I right. he is a big teddy bear! BUT as far as the straight prisoners writing gay men that's on them. I do know a friend locked up that corresponded with a someone he thought was a female and 4 months into it found out it was a dude and he stopped. I just feel like it is messed up for them to use ANYONE, straight or gay. I have heard alot of people say that it is okay and I just wonder where everyone's conscience is at. Do any of these guys feel guilty about leading someone on male or female just so they can get money out of them. It bothers me because it is giving the impression to other people that ALL inmates are like that and we all know that isn't the case.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,149 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLeo View Post
My friend has shown me letters he gets from gay males and it makes me think why theyd think a straight man would want them??Does being incarcerated make them "easy"..My other pen pal told me a lot of prisoners will lead on the gay men cause they always send more money than straight women..One guy was paying thousands of legal fees for a straight inmate.Maybe the gay men are just more realistic ,lol who knows...I had to laugh cause I knew a gay guy in PA who wrote like 25 prisoners and i said "how do you choose who to write" lmao he said "i write the hot ones"..guess gay men are more realistic AND honest.How many women admit you wrote him cause he was HOT.C[mon raise your hands
Why do you assume everyone writes for the same reasons you do?

I can tell you my personal opinion about HOT guys. Yes I do think my boyfriend is hot but that's because we have chemistry, not because of his looks. There was no way for me to know if I was attracted to him until I saw him in person. A picture doesn't tell you ANYthing.

I have never been into the hot, "all that", extremely good looking, candybar type of guys. The reason being that they are arrogant, selfish, cocky and shallow (most I have known anyway). People with those personality traits I stear clear of, always have and always will. I just don't trust them and feel uncomfortable around them. My bf was friendly, honest and modest in his penpal ad. He didn't sound needy or lovesick or anything of the kind which is EXACTLY why I wrote him. We are the same age (only a month between us) and he went to prison in the same year I was living in the US. I felt we had enough in common so that we could have a decent conversation in letters and he seemed like the kind of guy who would tell me the truth about prison life.... not the Hollywood version.

If I would have been looking for boyfriend material I wouldn't have looked on another continent, across the Atlantic Ocean or in prison, let alone someone who very well could have the personality traits I despice the most. That's just too far-fetched.

As for gays. Maybe they feel they have something in common with prisoners. It's known that many prisoners are "gay for the stay" or whatever people want to call it.... and shall we say... are in a situation where they explore their sexuality in more depth than people who have never been in that situation? We have all heard the stories here on PTO and our ex-co's here have validated this to us. Family men doing the DL and then kissing their gf's in the visiting room? There are probably a good portion of "our" men in there giving it freely away as we speak although no one wants to believe it. Most gays know what it's like to be in the closet.... maybe they think they can help a straight guy become more open about the possibility they just MIGHT be gay after all? As far as I know gays can have platonic friendships between each other just like straight people... and gayness isn't just about how they behave in the bedroom right?

Who knows.... there are a million reasons why people write to inmates... this could very well be one of them for some gays.... that they want to see what the hidden, gay prison community is like.

Last edited by Rox73; 06-04-2008 at 10:57 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Rox73 For This Useful Post:
cutee15 (06-05-2008)
Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Account Closed

[quote=Rox73;3723110] Family men doing the DL and then kissing their gf's in the visiting room? ]

Oh cheers, rox thats a picture in my head i really didn't want to imagine lol I know it happens just something i'd rather not think about
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,149 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsdelight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox73 View Post
Family men doing the DL and then kissing their gf's in the visiting room?
Oh cheers, rox thats a picture in my head i really didn't want to imagine lol I know it happens just something i'd rather not think about
Sorry

Last edited by Rox73; 06-04-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Sorry

I bet your not !
Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Default Looks

Quote:

I can tell you my personal opinion about HOT guys. Yes I do think my boyfriend is hot but that's because we have chemistry, not because of his looks. There was no way for me to know if I was attracted to him until I saw him in person. A picture doesn't tell you ANYthing.

I have never been into the hot, "all that", extremely good looking, candybar type of guys. The reason being that they are arrogant, selfish, cocky and shallow (most I have known anyway). People with those personality traits I stear clear of, always have and always will. I just don't trust them and feel uncomfortable around them. My bf was friendly, honest and modest in his penpal ad. He didn't sound needy or lovesick or anything of the kind which is EXACTLY why I wrote him. We are the same age (only a month between us) and he went to prison in the same year I was living in the US. I felt we had enough in common so that we could have a decent conversation in letters and he seemed like the kind of guy who would tell me the truth about prison life.... not the Hollywood version.

If I would have been looking for boyfriend material I wouldn't have looked on another continent, across the Atlantic Ocean or in prison, let alone someone who very well could have the personality traits I despice the most. That's just too far-fetched.

As for gays. Maybe they feel they have something in common with prisoners. It's known that many prisoners are "gay for the stay" or whatever people want to call it.... and shall we say... are in a situation where they explore their sexuality in more depth than people who have never been in that situation? We have all heard the stories here on PTO and our ex-co's here have validated this to us. Family men doing the DL and then kissing their gf's in the visiting room? There are probably a good portion of "our" men in there giving it freely away as we speak although no one wants to believe it. Most gays know what it's like to be in the closet.... maybe they think they can help a straight guy become more open about the possibility they just MIGHT be gay after all? As far as I know gays can have platonic friendships between each other just like straight people... and gayness isn't just about how they behave in the bedroom right?

Who knows.... there are a million reasons why people write to inmates... this could very well be one of them for some gays.... that they want to see what the hidden, gay prison community is like.
Well not going by appearance might be YOU but im going to venture to say a lot of women WILL write a guy based on his looks.Thats the first impression.If thats not true then go on to a prison site and look up whos NOT getting mail.Sure you've got to have more than that but looks is going to get your foot in the door.Im not privvy to all the gay stuff in prison but maybe thats the reason why they get a lot of gay male.thats probobally something id rather not be privvy too,just wondering why so many gay guys write inmates.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

When I found out dudes were on line soliciting for pen pals it blew my hair back!
I am an old school MWI before computers and the hook up back then was always word of mouth (some one beggin you to write their mans celly),,BUT NOW,,OMG,,I went to one site and spent about 2 weeks there I could not beleive all the HOT COCOA I saw,,Damn even Oprah said "Its some fine men in prison".
I never saw so much baby oil and musckles in all my life! And d$ck prints too,,dint even kno that was legal,,this one dude had no shirt on,,some sweat pants that some how were pulled back so you could see that his* hose* reached almost to his knee cap!
I have a gay friend who also write *prison trade* as he calls it and he said that gay sites always have links to inamte pen pals,,dint know that either..so somehow gay men writing dudes in prison is not an abnormal thing.
I put an ad up for my cuz,,yes he was Baby oiled to the nine and he got so much gay male he took his ad down.
Ok what was the question??
Old 06-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Default Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobabi View Post
When I found out dudes were on line soliciting for pen pals it blew my hair back!
I am an old school MWI before computers and the hook up back then was always word of mouth (some one beggin you to write their mans celly),,BUT NOW,,OMG,,I went to one site and spent about 2 weeks there I could not beleive all the HOT COCOA I saw,,Damn even Oprah said "Its some fine men in prison".
I never saw so much baby oil and musckles in all my life! And d$ck prints too,,dint even kno that was legal,,this one dude had no shirt on,,some sweat pants that some how were pulled back so you could see that his* hose* reached almost to his knee cap!
I have a gay friend who also write *prison trade* as he calls it and he said that gay sites always have links to inamte pen pals,,dint know that either..so somehow gay men writing dudes in prison is not an abnormal thing.
I put an ad up for my cuz,,yes he was Baby oiled to the nine and he got so much gay male he took his ad down.
Ok what was the question??
Dick print??Whats that?? Well these guys are in a sense selling what theyve got to feed our fantasies.They arent bringing a paycheck for awhile so they probobally figure work the looks.There is a site that cracks me up called hotinmates.com..Now i dont think ALL were hot in there but the way the site is worded is funny,cute.I had to go on it to find someones address cause i lost it but its a cute site,.have a hot inmate of the month even of the YEAR.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.dot.q View Post
So you know I had to go look because I didn't believe you
I found it but its called hotprisonpals.com and it is trying to tie up Wobabi's last post for the funniest thing I saw all week, I swear I saw my boy Michael Scoffield up in there (prisonbreak hottie for the non-watchers).. Now that is some FALSE ADVERTISING!!
I think they use a 8 prisoner/3 hollywood model ratio.. TOO FUNNY!!

Thanks for the laugh girl..
Some of them look like models.I was going to put my faves in a photo album but not sure if its ok..I dont know any of them but nice eye candy
Old 06-04-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.dot.q View Post
So you know I had to go look because I didn't believe you
I found it but its called hotprisonpals.com and it is trying to tie up Wobabi's last post for the funniest thing I saw all week, I swear I saw my boy Michael Scoffield up in there (prisonbreak hottie for the non-watchers).. Now that is some FALSE ADVERTISING!!
I think they use a 8 prisoner/3 hollywood model ratio.. TOO FUNNY!!

Thanks for the laugh girl..
My favorite one is the flexible guy...Hes like gumby...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Day by Day

i just wanna know where wobabi is finding this site? i meet my man the old skool way, like you said someone beggen you to write another inmate. i did see his pic first so i will admit i thought he was hot. and i am not going to go there on the gay thing and prison. i was in prison before! and before you think your man anit that way.. not all are butttt k then well for real WOBABI please send me the site where i can see this at!

Life is full of changes... I just roll with em'
The Following User Says Thank You to ahannah1561 For This Useful Post:
greeneyes 2001 (06-05-2008)
Old 06-05-2008, 07:24 AM

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy! Y'all have me crackin' up! Too bad I am at work or I would check them out. Of course, rock hard abs and oiled bodies aren't my taste but I wouldn't mind seeing the hose down to the knees. He should really think about a career in male stripping after his bid is up!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahannah1561 View Post
i just wanna know where wobabi is finding this site? i meet my man the old skool way, like you said someone beggen you to write another inmate. i did see his pic first so i will admit i thought he was hot. and i am not going to go there on the gay thing and prison. i was in prison before! and before you think your man anit that way.. not all are butttt k then well for real WOBABI please send me the site where i can see this at!
Leo posted a site or did they remove it? But use ya google
Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 AM
in love w/charliebear

Quote:

i agree,i started writing to my guy cuz i was lonely,my bf just died 6 months prior and i wanted to still talk to guys but i wasnt looking for anything physical or romantic,and when i looked at the ads,i saw him,and he just had this certain look in his eyes,i knew he was the one..
Old 06-05-2008, 08:43 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Gay in prison is more popular than most admit...my brother in law is GAY and says he had sooo many men in prison even celebs...its just the way it is...now I do have a friend who is gay and writes and send money to a man...so its very popular...the saddest part to me is these guys prey on what they deem "WEAK" hahaaaaaaaaaa(Jezzy style) most gay men I know sure as hell aint weak....now to the question...I wrote my man because he was honest and said im not looking for a penpal Im looking for love and I couldnt see his face because it was a side pose and he was sitting down fully clothed...but there was something sooo damned sexy about him...and woooohoooo my baby is MAD fine in person.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Waiting.....

I was old school too. Didn't know about them websites. My ex hooked me up with my man and I didn't know what he looked like and didn't care. If I sat around judging men by how they look then I'd end up dead cuz around me the finest men are the worst.

At first I thought my baby was okay. But now, he is the sexiest man around. Personality is better than looks.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:07 AM

When my man first put his penpal add up he got a lot of mail from gays and much older women.But not sure why cause he nver even had a picture on his add so i was pleasantly surprised when i got a letter back and a picture,so i think of him as my lucky dip,picking him from thousands of adds and no piccie to see if he looked like the back end of a truck.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I love you baby..

Haha when i first started writing Josh, he used to tell me how gay guys would ONLY write him. He said he'd get pissed every time he got a letter because it would be from a guy lol.

Funny thing is, when I first wrote him, I used a fake name because I was afraid to give him my real name. I used the name "Joey" short for Josephine. But on the cover of the letter I just wrote Joey, so he was like ahhh not again and just threw the letter in his locker lol. He said that one day he went to get the letter and throw it out, but he saw a picture of me sliding out the top, and he's like HOLD UP!!!!

Thats when he started writing me.