Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prisons and Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Prisons and Jails This forum is for profiles and general information on all Oklahoma prisons.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
you can't kill integrity

Default Cimarron.. Cushing, OK?

Hi, my dad just got moved to Cushing and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the facility, or any helpful information to give...

Thanks.
There is grace and forgiveness,
Mercy and healing....

He'll meet you WHEREVER you are..

CRY OUT TO JESUS

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 08:36 PM

My husband was at Cushing until the beginning of April, and he seemed to like it. However, Cimarron is on a Top 30 list of the most prominent concentrations of UAB gang membership in the country. (UAB being the United Aryan Brotherhood.) I'll give you a link as soon as I can find the one I was looking at.

From what I've heard and seen, Cimarron is one of the safer yards in Oklahoma. The guards are pretty nice, and most of the other inmates I've met on visiting days are nice enough too.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulieBaby83 For This Useful Post:
edenkd (06-03-2008)
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
you can't kill integrity

Thanks so much
Mercy and healing....

CRY OUT TO JESUS

Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 AM

Default don't understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieBaby83 View Post
My husband was at Cushing until the beginning of April, and he seemed to like it. However, Cimarron is on a Top 30 list of the most prominent concentrations of UAB gang membership in the country. (UAB being the United Aryan Brotherhood.) I'll give you a link as soon as I can find the one I was looking at.

From what I've heard and seen, Cimarron is one of the safer yards in Oklahoma. The guards are pretty nice, and most of the other inmates I've met on visiting days are nice enough too.
I'm new to this and I don't understand something. My son is still in county and I'm trying to learn. Your saying Cushing is one of the safer yards, and that it has a lot of UAB's but I've been told the UAB's are bad. So how can they have some of the most in the country but still be a safer yard? Have I misunderstood and UAB'ss make the yards safer?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM
you can't kill integrity

Well... just a guess... but if there is a higher concentration of the Brotherhood in this one particular place, there will be a fear among other rival gangs of uprising, due to the sheer numbers that are against them. This might, in turn, cause Cushing to be a quieter yard compared to others with a more mixed population of gang rivals.

Just my opinion, btw...

Also, please don't take this the wrong way or whatnot... but UAB guys typically lash out at sex offenders, and to be more specific, typically ones with crimes involving children. Typically, they dominate the drug traffiking inside the prison. They are not MEAN, HORRIBLE men, as alot of people might think that they are... I mean, there are some mean horrible people wherever you go, but not all of these guys are bad... Their morals and values are a little extreme, yes... a little twisted, yes... but are they that different than ours? Not really.
All of the Brothers that I have come into contact with are extremely polite, and courteous to my family and I.
Some are much more extreme than others, but the general idea among most people is that they HATE what is not like them.. I disagree.

Please do not be offended by my opinion.
My opinion was formed after doing several reports on prison gangs, particularly white supremacist gangs in Oklahoma prisons during a Sociology class in college.
Mercy and healing....

CRY OUT TO JESUS

Old 06-04-2008, 02:02 PM

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,179 Posts

Cushing is a medium security facility and has its share of problems. My man has been there for a few years now and has had no real problems there, other than how restricted movement is. He's been in the custody of the DOC since 1978 and has seen a lot of changes in how the prisons are run now, but this is his first stint in a private facility. He says its not run near as well as the state owned facilities and seeing how those are not great, this is no shining recommendation for Cushing.

We have had very few problems with visitation, but.....just a forewarning, the visiting room is not that big, its very noisy and you cannot go outside. Other than that, I suppose Cushing is ok.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:29 PM

Default Not offended

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenkd View Post
Well... just a guess... but if there is a higher concentration of the Brotherhood in this one particular place, there will be a fear among other rival gangs of uprising, due to the sheer numbers that are against them. This might, in turn, cause Cushing to be a quieter yard compared to others with a more mixed population of gang rivals.

Just my opinion, btw...

Please do not be offended by my opinion
I'm not offended, I'm just trying to learn about the world my son will be going to. I've never known anyone that has been to prison, at least that I knew had been in prison or anyone that has had a family member in prison. I'm just trying to learn and it is hard trying to figure out who to believe or trust. It is hard to make sense of it all
Old 06-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Loyal Friend

My pal is there and I got a letter today. Thing is the address now read SHU. Is this the hole?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 AM

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPepsixx View Post
My pal is there and I got a letter today. Thing is the address now read SHU. Is this the hole?
SHU = Security Housing Unit, or yes, the hole
The Following User Says Thank You to JKB's Girl For This Useful Post:
xxPepsixx (06-07-2008)
Old 06-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Loyal Friend

I thought so, was just checking. Thank you.