Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:10 PM

Default Urgent!! how to find a California inmate's release date?

I broke up with my boyfriend after he went in again. It's another story, butn now I'm receiving threatening letters from him because I broke up with him and I'm leaving him destituted. I feel scared because I know he can get violent. On his last letter he said he was getting out in 38 days, that was on May 15 and he said he was coming after me. Prior to that he had told me that he was being released until next year, now finding out that he is a pathological liar, I don't know what to believe. I left three messages to his PO, but he hasn't called me back, it's been two weeks. Is there another way to find out the actual release date? Now I'm finding myself to go thru the process of putting a restraining order against him soon. Any help or guidance you can provide me, I'll appreciate it very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to msheart For This Useful Post:
judean07 (05-31-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
2008Tea Party-CA Co-Chair

Thanked 2,522 Times in 793 Posts

Looks like he want's to go back in. If he isnt' getting released until next year (I think he came up with the 38 days to scare you) I'd be tempted to write him one more letter and tell him if he didn't quit you are going to send all his threating letters to the prison and let them handle him. I don't think they can tell you his release date - but you can call the prison and find out his counselor's name and talk to him/her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judeca For This Useful Post:
judean07 (05-31-2008), wendy tyler (06-18-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:22 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msheart View Post
I broke up with my boyfriend after he went in again. It's another story, butn now I'm receiving threatening letters from him because I broke up with him and I'm leaving him destituted. I feel scared because I know he can get violent. On his last letter he said he was getting out in 38 days, that was on May 15 and he said he was coming after me. Prior to that he had told me that he was being released until next year, now finding out that he is a pathological liar, I don't know what to believe. I left three messages to his PO, but he hasn't called me back, it's been two weeks. Is there another way to find out the actual release date? Now I'm finding myself to go thru the process of putting a restraining order against him soon. Any help or guidance you can provide me, I'll appreciate it very much!
Personally, I'd go to the DA with this letter where he is threatening to do harm to you.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Hangin' in there - Super Mod

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,942 Times in 7,126 Posts

Take that letter to the DA- TODAY..... not Monday, not in the next week or two- TODAY.
And fax a copy to the warden's office of the prison he's in.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
judean07 (05-31-2008), Junior'sQueen (06-28-2008), wendy tyler (06-18-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Thanks

How do I find out who is the DA? where to? I'm sorry to sound dumb but I don't know much about this. Thanks.
judean07 (05-31-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Hangin' in there - Super Mod

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,942 Times in 7,126 Posts

Look in the blue section of your phone book under county government

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 01:05 PM
“Just know that I am here

Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,267 Posts

I though they read all the letters that come and go, I guess not. This is unacceptable and you need to show him that you will not allow him to scare you, even if he does and I would be, you need to take control. You have the power he is sitting in a prison cell and from what you write has not learn a thing from sitting in that cell so he needs to sit in there for some more time and he will get more time if the prison knows about the letters. Please take care of this. I'm sure you have heard many stories of what could happen, don't let it happen to you. If you can't get anyone to listen go to the news. I am sure that the prison would love to know what he has been doing.
Please find it in yourself to deal with this son of a bi***. Sorry, I dislike men who think they can control you just because they are bigger and stronger.
You will be in my prays and may GOD bless you.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead ~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judean07 For This Useful Post:
msheart (06-25-2008), wendy tyler (06-18-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM

That is scary, go to Vinelink and put in his name, and there is supposed to be a service to notify you when he is released. Doesn't always work, but it can't hurt. What court was he sentenced from? There are also victims agencies listed on the
Vinelink page. Maybe some of those will help you. If you know the court you can find information on that online. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to socal mom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 01:23 PM

Yes, I'm surprised too that they let him send me such letters. But see the way he writes is clever, he was asking me for money for a package, he keeps mentioning that he gave me so much when he was out and now that he's in I'm not giving him anything. I wrote back to him explaining that I don't have any money and that I'm in debt which partially went up from the one and only time when I was helping him about a year ago when he was in prison. Told him I filed for bankruptcy and therefore I have no more credit. Part of answers in a letter said -

"what would the creditors do if you ignore them? hint* it's what I'll do if you continue to ignore me! what would the mafia do if you only paid 70% of your debt? - hint* they would either kill you or break your leggs!!!
"is it respectable or acceptable behavior to ignore someone's request and then hold them accountable when your decision to ignore that request proves to have had adverse effects?" "you have two weeks to respond with answers, this is your last chance or else"

They're subliminal in their context, you may not see the threats but I do, now I was asking how to find out who is the DA, is it one person representing all? do I call the prison and send the letters back underlining the threats, the PO won't answer my calls. This is all too complicated and I know for a fact that the officers don't give a damn about anyone.
judean07 (05-31-2008)
Old 05-30-2008, 06:08 PM
“Just know that I am here

Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,267 Posts

"you may not see the threats" Oh yes they are threats and it scared me reading them. Ok I am going to try to help you if you pm me with the prison he is in I will find all the information you need. Wait a minute I have a co that lives across the street I will go ask her what you should do, be back in a moment. Ok I just ran acrossed the street and talk to her. This is what she said to do 1- Go to the top dog call the warden,
2- Write him a letter with a copy of the letters
3- Call his counseler and send copy of letter you sent to the warden
If you need help finding #'s address just let me know.
By the way she also said that he will get in written up and most likely time added. She said that they do not mess around that this is unacceptable and you must put a stop to it.
GOD Bless I'm here for you.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead ~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judean07 For This Useful Post:
Junior'sQueen (06-28-2008), wendy tyler (06-18-2008)
Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Call the pison and ask to speak to the counselor, you can also call the person who is the CO in his building, there is a special name for it and i cannot remember what it is. Someone will come along, it's something 1 or 2. Tell them what the letter said, he will be pulled into a meeting and tell them you want no more communication from him, they will start monitoring his mail and reading EVERYTHING. Do not send the original letter and if you have the envelope save that as well. Go down and get a restraining order and he will be served by his po or at the prison before he gets out. Itwill become part of his parole conditions.
Sorry, in California the only way you can find out his is release date is if the inmate tells you.
Good luck.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Send a copy of the letter to the C&PR (Classification and Parole Representative) at the prison he is housed at. The C&PR is over the Counselors and the Records Staff. He will have the Counselor talk to the inmate and place a 'no contact' order as a condition while he is still incarcerated and as a condition of parole. The C&PR will also contact the Parole Agent to ensure the agent is aware of the issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLS For This Useful Post:
Junior'sQueen (06-28-2008), PTO-110524 (06-02-2008)
Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 AM

Thank you everyone for your advice and prayers, I'm feeling so depressed about this situation, in shock because I really don't know the extend of his anger and how he will react (worse) to the restraining order and complaints. But I have a family and I care for myself, this is a must do for my safety. Hopefully, I'm not making it worse and eventually this will go away, sadly that the relationship had to end up this way.

If you guys find anything else I might need to do, please go ahead, post it or pm me.

God bless.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I love my son

Daisy May...........is it the CC1 or CC2 (corrections counselor I think)?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

That's who it is..thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsMom View Post
Daisy May...........is it the CC1 or CC2 (corrections counselor I think)?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Behind us now!

I had this happen to me 8 yrs ago with my kids dad I just took the threating letters he wrote to me to my counties Detective and the next thing I know the DA put a stalking charge on my ex for the letters and he got to set in jail even longer cus of his new charge.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Donation Award 

Vinelink doesn't work for CA. Try calling the prison and asking for his release date. If he is coming up for parole, you have legitamate proof that can stop his parole. You can also go to the CDCR website, search for the parole board hearings and check them each month. Once you find his name, call the board and tell them what is happening.
Now, for the present time, do NOT give your original letters to anyone. Make copies of them! You can go to the County Courthouse or the Sheriffs dept where you live and let them know what is going on and they will tell you who to contact. Also call the Ombudsmans office in your region and let them know what is going on. They will help you get to the right people to deal with him.
Don't wait hon. Get it taken care of now. What he is doing not only constitutes threats against your life, but it is also called extortion, which is a whole new charge sweetie.

Don't tell God how big your storm is, Tell the storm how big your God is!!!

There's no place like PTO, There's no place like PTO

Are you having problems on PTO?
Just have a question? Click here HELP DESK

The Following User Says Thank You to funnyface09 For This Useful Post:
msheart (06-25-2008)
Old 06-18-2008, 01:01 PM

I'm late getting into this. An inmate would not send out a letter like that through the regular mail unless he's a ding. What they do is have a buddy who's paroling smuggle it out & mail it for them. If you haven't taken action yet what I would do is call his prison ISU (Investigative Service Unit) ASAP and explain your problem. The operator can get them for you. What you want to do is get this inmate's parole stopped pending investigation. THEN call his agent. What prison is he in?

Last edited by John S.; 06-18-2008 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
The Following User Says Thank You to John S. For This Useful Post:
msheart (06-25-2008)
Old 06-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Update - thanks everyone for your advice, prayers, and encouraging words. I called the PO supervisor after not hearing from his PO, and in talking to him about my situation, he told me he's getting out in December "not in 38 days", he didn't give me a specific date, but at least I know when. I called the prison and asked them if they could serve him a restraining order, so it's in process now, I'm waiting to get it back, he's been served in his cell, I go to court next Tuesday to obtain a permanent order. I'm taking the necessary steps so he stays away from me and my family, but I'm sure he's probably angrier now that I put the restraining order and hopefully he won't confront me when he gets out. It's all so sad and not the happy ending I wanted with him, trying to stay strong and not have anymore feelings for him. Thanks for being there and read my posts.