Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > AUSTRALIA / NZ PRISON FORUMS > Aus/NZ Prisons - Regional Listings > Victoria > VIC Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

VIC Prison Profiles Information and discussion related to VIC Prisons

Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 AM

Default Marngoneet Correctional Centre information????

Does any one have any information about visiting Marngoneet Correctional Centre...Cant seem to find any info on the net and my partner finally been classified and is going there shortly.We have children and am just wondering what to expect when visiting him.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by rach75; 05-21-2008 at 12:19 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Behind us now!

Hi rach75 I don't know anything about this prison but I did find this on the net and I hope that it is what you are looking for. If not please let me know and I will try again. Thanks

Visiting Prisons

Family and friends can maintain contact with prisoners throughout their prison sentence through personal visits. Prisoners can also arrange confidential meetings with a range of professional visitors including lawyers, police and authorised Corrections Victoria staff.

This section has a range of information for people visiting a Victorian prison including directions for getting to prisons by road (and, in some cases, public transport), visiting times, what you can bring, how often you can visit, identification requirements for gaining access to a prison and what is expected of you during a visit.
Arranging to visit a prisoner

You will need to write to the prisoner (care of Corrections Victoria) and ask him or her to have you placed on their approved Visitors List.

In your letter, you should include your full name, date of birth and address. It is then up to the prisoner to make the arrangements for you to be able to visit them.

Write to:

(prisoner's full name)
C/- Corrections Victoria
GPO Box 123
Melbourne VIC 3001
Your letter will be forwarded to the prisoner.

What to Expect

Throughout their prison sentence, prisoners can keep in contact with family and friends through personal visits.

The minimum requirement for personal visits is:

* one contact visit of at least one hour per week for prisoners who are eligible for contact visits
* one non-contact visit of at least one hour per week for prisoners who are ineligible for contact visits.

Each prison publishes a 'Schedule of Prison Visiting Times' for contact and non-contact visits.
Entry requirements

All visitors must provide appropriate identification when entering a prison, or visiting a prisoner who is in hospital. These details are recorded in a visitors' register. Visitors must provide 100 points of identification to gain prison access. Anyone without satisfactory identification will not be permitted to enter the prison.

Satisfactory identification must be one of the following:
100 points

Current Drivers Licence, Correctional Services Pass, Consulate ID Card, Law Card, Valid Passport, Key Pass, Police member ID.
50 points

Sixty Plus Card, Birth Certificate, Australian Citizenship Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Defence Department ID, Government Authorised U16.
25 points

Medicare Card, Centrelink card, student card, credit card or bank book.

Visitors can only use one type of item in each category as part of their 100 point total, for example one credit card, not two.

All identification presented must be current.
Conditions of entry

All prison visitors are subject to the orders of the prison's General Manager who may enforce conditions or constraints which they believe are necessary for the management, good order and security of the prison.

It is an offence to disobey a lawful order by the prison's General Manager or a Prison Officer, and may result in the visitor being banned from entering a prison.
Person or property searches

The prison's General Manager may require prison visitors to have either their person or property searched. A visitor who refuses to be searched may be allowed to have a non-contact or supervised visit with the prisoner, unless the prison's General Manager has reasonable grounds to believe that the visitor is attempting to introduce banned substances into the prison.
Contacts

Corrections Victoria
22/121 Exhibition St
GPO Box 123
Melbourne VIC 3001
Tel: 03 8684 6600
Fax: 03 8684 6611
Email: corrections@justice.vic.gov.au

Visiting Times

All Victorian prisons have regular, scheduled times during which family and friends can visit prisoners. Each prison publishes a 'Schedule of Prison Visiting Times' for contact and non-contact visits.

Although the prison visiting time schedules are generally very stable, there are sometimes variations to the schedules so visitors will need to contact the individual prison to obtain information on the most current schedule and the arrangements the prison has made for the individual prisoner.

Different arrangements are in place for professional visitors such as lawyers, police and Corrections Victoria staff. These visitors should contact the prison to confirm arrangements.

Last edited by Foreverhis31907; 05-21-2008 at 12:38 AM..
Old 05-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Home for Good
Donation Award 

Hi Rach,

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/wps/wc...ctional+Centre

Has some information on Marngoneet, however for more up to date information - such as visiting times and so on - you are probably better off just calling the facility.

Marngoneet Correctional Centre
Address: 1170 Bacchus Marsh Road LARA VIC 3214
Tel: (+61 3) 5282 0600
Fax: (+61 3) 5282 0900

Regards,

MIO
rach75 (06-13-2008)
Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 AM

Hi guys,
Thanks for the info...I had already googled and found the same info myself, and their is not alot mentioned about this facility..I have recently found out that it only opened in 2006 and is next door to Barwon... It has taken this long to get permissions to visit my partner as I had a drink driving conviction from way back in 2002 (0.02 on my p plates), which was still haunting me all these years later..Therefore I had to apply to the Governor for clearance to visit...Finally I am off on saturday to see partner for first time in 2 months...

Will post some infomation about the centre after I have visited, in case others need it in the future..

Thanks
Rach
Old 06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,224 Posts

Thanks Rach, that would be good if you could post that information for future reference!!
Say enough is enough is enough, enough, I'm saying!!!!
- Revolution - John Butler Trio