Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Immigration
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Immigration Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Default What Does A Immigration Hold Mean?

Okay.. I new to This fourm... So I just recieved A letter from My Hubby... And he says that He has A Immagration Hold.. What Does That Mean..? Neither Him And I Know What It Means? Any Info? Its Greatly Appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 07:13 PM
DIVERSIFIED

He gotta know what it is....it means that he was not born in the US and is here in the US with out legality, more than likely he will be deported to his birth country. However there is so much information that we would need to have, to be able to tell you more.

Living in Mexico and NC
Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Life is great!

What Mandy said is only part right. Many guys who are in the US legally can have a hold (my husband was one of them) and even some citizen get a hold on them. In my words, it means that ICE is going to look further into the person to find out if they should be deported at the end of their time served. If the hold doesn't get cleared up by the time his sentense is over, then ICE will be the only ones allowed to pick him up on his release date and then he will either have to fight it out in court or get deported to his home country.

Oh and so sorry to hear you are just finding this out. Let us know if we can be of more help.

Last edited by Adrienne; 05-11-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Old 05-11-2008, 08:07 PM
One step at a time.....

Adrienne is right. This is just INS inquiring about the status of your hubby. There's alot more that you need to tell us... what he is in jail for and his current status in the US. Then hopefully we can help shed some light on what is going on.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
What Mandy said is only part right. Many guys who are in the US legally can have a hold (my husband was one of them) and even some citizen get a hold on them. In my words, it means that ICE is going to look further into the person to find out if they should be deported at the end of their time served. If the hold doesn't get cleared up by the time his sentense is over, then ICE will be the only ones allowed to pick him up on his release date and then he will either have to fight it out in court or get deported to his home country.

Oh and so sorry to hear you are just finding this out. Let us know if we can be of more help.
You stated that your guy received a hold.. what are the rules/laws for people who are here legally but find themselves in trouble, what can cause them to be deported?? I asked someone else this question and I got a good response and it made me feel like I had nothing to worry about but you can never be to sure. If you think you can give me some advice let me know, I will fill you in. or you can check out my thread... I believe the title is " I need some information," or something along the lines of that... its posted here under the immigration section. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 AM

Well.. My Hubby Is in For Probation of Violation And Gang ENHANCEMENT. Hes Doing A 4yr 8Months With 50%..Hes Been In the Us Legally Since The age of 5.. And turning 23 this year... He states In the Letter that he Didnt have This Hold before When He was In reception In Wasco, Ca. But Has He is In CTF..(Soledad Ca) He saw His Classification And Had a Immigration Hold..

And Other Thing.. Basically they day He was Arrested He was Just Getting off of Work.. When The Cops surrounded Our House.. And Got all Of his four Brothers Who actually Stabbed A Young Boy.. They Were all taken Under custody And 3 Of them are doing there Time... Also Involving My Love..

My Man Is Known As A Gang MemBer.. But In this Occasion that this Incident Occured He wasnt Involved... Can this At least help Him at all.. Im assuming It wouldnt Because It Still didnt Help Him.. His Lawyer Didnt Help Him Much.. And it Seems Like the Lawyer Was More On The DA Side..
Now I was told If He Had To Fight For His Papers.. That He would have to Fight For them In Arizona I think It was Pheonix..? And Also Does Having A Baby Help Him? Because We have a daughter Together!!! Im so Lost With the Whole Immigration Thing.. Hopefully Someone understands Me!!

Last edited by LovedBabydoll; 05-12-2008 at 03:16 AM..
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

We need to know what exactly he was convicted of (this time and any previous), length of sentences, his immigration status and for how long. Also how long in the country in any status.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:21 PM
My man is free allready

Listen "lovedbabydoll" even if your haubby is legally with green card they still get deported....If he has a felony yeah more surely..You have to talk to a good lawyer and ask what are the possibilitys for you hubby to stay in this country...Because sometimes you fight tha case and you win but most of the people they fight and loose plus they still incarcelate more time.....So just inform yourself very good....But give more details too....