Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prisons & Jails > Graham Correctional Center - Illinois
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Graham Correctional Center - Illinois Topics and discussion specific to Graham Correctional Center in Hillsboro, Illinois.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 PM

Default Need mail regulations for Graham?

can they receive letters and sent out in reception at Graham and what about phone calls
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Destitute & homeless

Exclamation Here's what I found on the internet

I'm a newbie, and can't post a link until I've made at least 25 postings. The website shows an address for inmate letters. if you copy, then paste the following URL on the website address bar on the top of your screen, after preceeding it with www in the front, it will direct you to Graham's website info.

.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/facilities/information.asp?instchoice=gra

Myself, I'm trying to get info about Frontera in Corona, California, and so far, no one had responded to my posting. I found one gal on this forum who said she served time at Frontera, so I'll try to PM her, assuming this forum allows newbies to send PMs.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Donation Award 

I'm quite sure that reception in all Illinois prisons is the same. They can receive mail but I don't think they can send it as they'd have none of their belongings with them. Phone calls aren't allowed but they can make out their phone and visiting lists so that would save time later.

Rose
Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Standin by my Man

Default graham lettes phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonly4lved1 View Post
can they receive letters and sent out in reception at Graham and what about phone calls
my husband is in graham to i am a newbie to but from what i got they can't call in reception and they get 3 envolopes to use i haven't gottin a letter yet so i am not absolutly positive that is what he told me when he called from county
Old 03-14-2009, 05:10 PM

I don't know about the free envelopes i know that at the ville you only get what you had in county and you are only allowed to bring 10, they may however give you a freebie if they had any left over from other inmates which i would think are the ones that had over ten and they could not keep it.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Standin by my Man

Default graham letter writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayswifey View Post
I don't know about the free envelopes i know that at the ville you only get what you had in county and you are only allowed to bring 10, they may however give you a freebie if they had any left over from other inmates which i would think are the ones that had over ten and they could not keep it.
I just called graham and they said they do give them envolopes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Default reception

My husband was at Stateville in reception for three weeks they can have mail and comisary but they are restricted as to what they can buy things like paper and envelopes but recieving their mail is slow it takes about three weeks for the staff to process they can make calls I got one the second week I think they can be in reception for 6-8 weeks
Old 03-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Standin by my Man

thank u for saying how long it takes to get mail i was really starting to get worried about my hubby
Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 PM

Wow i guess its different for everyone even though it's the same system becasue my boyfriend was not allowed calls while in reception the first time which was at the beginning but he did go back on a court writ or whatever it was and he was allowed to make calls once a week while there and he was allowed visits but a newbie isn't supposed to be allowed to make calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorita25 View Post
My husband was at Stateville in reception for three weeks they can have mail and comisary but they are restricted as to what they can buy things like paper and envelopes but recieving their mail is slow it takes about three weeks for the staff to process they can make calls I got one the second week I think they can be in reception for 6-8 weeks

Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Standin by my Man

my husand isn't allowed to call i jus got a letter he is still in reception he had to trade his lunch for the write out though when i called the prison and they said they give 3 write outs but they hadn't yet and he knew i would be worried so he did that awww i feel bad bout it though but he made me feel sooooo much better but i know for sure they aren't allowed to call they can get commisary though