Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Other Texas Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Texas Prisons Topics & Discussions related to all Texas (TDCJ) Prisons that do not have a dedicated forum on PTO.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Marie

Post East Texas Treatment Facility (ISF) Texas Prison

I thought I'd post some info I found out about the East Texas Treatment Facility my fiance is at since it's so new.

Apparently they have people for SafP, DWI offenders, and parole/probation offenders there- there may be more programs- not sure. My man is in with the DWI folks and they've been sending a lot of the DWI offenders there. It is privately owned and they have group counseling sessions for a good portion of the day. They also offer a class that the DPS requires before they can get their license back (which is rumored to cost hundreds of dollars out of jail). Visiting hours varies depending on what program they're in. For the DWI guys it's 8AM to 2PM on Saturdays and Sundays. They've got good food from what I hear- much better than some other facilities. Money for books still goes through the Inmate Trust Fund (at least for DWI people- not sure about the others.) Online my fiance is listed as being at the OLD East Texas ISF in Longview. I emailed TDC and they said they'd see about contacting someone to fix the error. The REAL address is in Henderson: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/xq.htm
(The Longview facility is just a regular jail now.)
If you look up directions online- the last bit of the directions is a little off (or maybe I just couldn't find the street) but if you call them they've got friendly people answering the phones to give you directions.

That's about it for now- if I think of something else I'll post it. I just know there will be others coming along with loved ones in this unit so I wanted to share.

'Nite everyone!

YIPEEE!!!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to blackrockduo For This Useful Post:
BeccaGarcia (04-23-2013), BethStarr (06-25-2010), fancyrebel (02-06-2009), GraysonMom (02-07-2009), juliej0122 (12-01-2009), Justlikewedo (01-13-2009), Mike1963 (04-13-2008), MisinMyBro (03-26-2009), petrin_hill (09-27-2011), RobinsMan (04-15-2008), so sad (01-06-2012), strawberry6977 (08-30-2009), tinosgirl (12-05-2012), Tirene9 (06-19-2008), trentschik (08-11-2009), Unbroken (06-20-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Marie

Just so everyone knows- if your loved one is coming up for parole and is in this facility, they WILL be transferred to Huntsville for release. The people at the facility weren't too sure about it when I called them because it's so new and they haven't had any releases yet- but the parole office said it would show the location online when he got his exact date, and sure enough it's Huntsville.
Ciao!

YIPEEE!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 PM

Hey thanks for the info. My man is in the DWI's there also. He has been there for about a month now. You have answered some of my questions.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Hey Thanks for the info. My brother just went in there. It will help us to know its a good place.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Hey, is your brother in the Baten ISF unit??
Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 AM

Default east texas treatment facility(henderson)

Just to let everyone know they have started to release people from this facility. From what I hear the gas prices have alot to do with this. I saw 2 people released when I was there last weekend,
Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM

Does anyone have information on the SAFP program there in East Texas ISF?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:58 AM

Default Hoping for Henderson

I'm hoping that my dad will be sent to Henderson for the DWI program. He's in Huntsville right now, having just been moved from Michael Unit last week. He's supposedly being moved to a treatment facility, but they won't say where and I was just wondering if anyone had any idea how they picked which facility? I'm hoping it's based on there home location - so it's closer for family, but that may be too much to ask.
My dad also heard a rumor that the private company that runs it sells cell phones to the offenders. Anyone heard that, or had experience with it?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:50 PM

my boyfriend is currently in safp in henderson and no they do not sell cellphones to the inmates . when i went for my first visit i saw a family there to pick someone up . my boyfriend said that with all the overcrowding and such at the halfway houses some are being released to go home . there is also talk of putting ankle monitors on them so more can go home than to halfway houses . we lost some halfway houses due to ike and so many are scheduled to be released they are trying to find alternatives. hope this helps
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tabu71 For This Useful Post:
rlfeelin (04-21-2014), RobinsMan (11-06-2008), so sad (01-06-2012)
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM

My son was just transfered to Henderson on DWI. Can anyone tell me about it? Is it a privately owned unit. And can you set up for them to call you like at Mineral Wells?Thanks so much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fancyrebel For This Useful Post:
jabberjack (10-21-2010), so sad (01-06-2012)
Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 PM

I wrote yesterday..not sure what I am doing wrong. I cant find my original posts/questions....can someone help me?
The Following User Says Thank You to shymomof3boystx For This Useful Post:
lanawifey (05-07-2010)
Old 02-06-2009, 05:10 PM

Default i need help on this site.....

Can anyone help me? I posted some questions yesterday about 2 ISF units in Texas. I cant find them now..or any replies....
Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shymomof3boystx View Post
Can anyone help me? I posted some questions yesterday about 2 ISF units in Texas. I cant find them now..or any replies....
I am kind of new to this site also. did you post them here?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:02 PM

I have posted them several places...so hard to find them....anyway, thanks for answering..i guess i did something right!!

So, do you know anything about the ISF programs here? We are preparing for the worst..of course. He has heard from 30 days to 6 months....but he's not going to SafP.
Ugh...I dont know about any of this stuff. Wish my brain could've told my heart to run...(it did)...but I love the guy. So, any help from anyone would be so helpful!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shymomof3boystx View Post
I have posted them several places...so hard to find them....anyway, thanks for answering..i guess i did something right!!

So, do you know anything about the ISF programs here? We are preparing for the worst..of course. He has heard from 30 days to 6 months....but he's not going to SafP.
Ugh...I dont know about any of this stuff. Wish my brain could've told my heart to run...(it did)...but I love the guy. So, any help from anyone would be so helpful!
I am sorry I don't know anything about the ISF programs but I am trying to find out.
I will post what i find out. It seems they are not too active on this particular board.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM

I don't understand why no one post on this forum!!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM

Default Any Info On This Place?

My brother just transfered here from Huntsville. He's doing the DWI program. I believe it's a 6 month program. I live in Florida so am trying to help find a half way house for him when he gets out. Anyone know of any?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default East Texas Treatment Facility/Henderson Tx

Misin, here is a link that will provide more information on Henderon's DWI program. Hope this helps a little and God bless as always. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...08395&page=107 Page 108 has additional information as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to GraysonMom For This Useful Post:
MisinMyBro (02-23-2009)
Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Geez, where is everyone? Am I the only one that has someone @ East Texas? Does anyone have a number I can call to find out some info on my brother?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Donation Award 

Default East Texas Treatment Facility/Henderson Tx

Misin here's the address and phone number. I know of two members who has loved ones there. Hopefully they'll be along soon. Here's the phone number/address. Hope this hleps and God bless as always.

900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, Texas 75653
(903) 655-3300

Also here's the link for the inmate locator site. You'll have to enable pop-ups if they are blocked. It may take awhile (sometimes) to pull up his information. Here's the link: http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm

Last edited by GraysonMom; 02-23-2009 at 08:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to GraysonMom For This Useful Post:
MisinMyBro (02-24-2009)
Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Default Info

What kind of info will they tell me if I call? My brother is there so they should tell me something right? I'm a newbie so sorry about all the questions.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Donation Award 

Default Calls to Unit

Misin they'll ask you for his TDCJ#. Just ask them any questions you have. Fancyrebel and Justlike should be along soon. The other members said they were nice and polite when you call. Hope this helps and God bless as always. Oh and would you mind posting any info you obtain, thanks in advance.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonmom View Post
Misin they'll ask you for his TDCJ#. Just ask them any questions you have. Fancyrebel and Justlike should be along soon. The other members said they were nice and polite when you call. Hope this helps and God bless as always. Oh and would you mind posting any info you obtain, thanks in advance.
Hi Mismybro, My son is in east texas treatment facility. I see graysonmom has already given you the info. And like she said ask them anything you would like to know. my son told me he could use the phone after he has been there a month. he has been there since 2/5 and so far no call. But I did get to have a visit. everyone was very nice to me when I went and called. It is a new place started in 2004. There is Ac which will be good in Texas Hot Humid summer. My son is also in the DWI class adn he works in the commisary. He say it is nice except he doesn't like the food LOL God Bless You and if I can help you let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to fancyrebel For This Useful Post:
MisinMyBro (02-24-2009)
Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM

My brother has been there since Feb 12 I believe. Before that he was in Hunstville and Bexar. In his letter he did say that they have AC which will definately be nice for summer. I wish I lived closer so that I could visit him.

Thanks girls for all the info. I appreciate it! Have a wondeful evening!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Hook Em'

My husband (common law) has been there just over a month....DWI program. He says it's 6 months, and so far everyone who has gone thru program the whole way has been released per what they have been told. It is nice there as I have visited, with contact. They do accept common law certificates. We set ours up when he first got to Huntsville the first time, so they accepted that affadavit for contact. They said you have to go thru the mailroom to set up if you are not. I don't exactly know what that means.....lol. They do have AC. They gave them more pillows and blankets than on any other Unit he's been on. More food also. The address and phone number I was given for correspondence differs from the one on the tdcj website. I'll post below. They do qualify for phone calls after 30 days but they are very slow to get them a pin number to even use the phone to call. There is a man named Mr. Elliott you can check with about any phone issues. Bill said do NOT turn in a pin request until you are eligible. It will be tossed. Yes, it is a pre-pay service as far as I know. I don't have a home phone so don't know if you can just call straight to one. I'll post the number below. The people there have all been very nice. Visitation is very relaxed. LOTS of vending machines and room. Restrooms are IN visitation room. I think they really are attempting to create a rehab, we want you to get better type atmosphere. I have heard they are trying to change to releasing from there vs the Walls unit, but I don't know if that is true or not. If you visit, get there early. The people here obviously have loved ones that they visit so people arrive early. Visitation for DWI is 8-2 pm Saturday and Sunday. I think phones are on 6:30pm -10:30 pm Friday and 7:30 am to 10:30 pm S & S. But don't quote me as I haven't actually gotten a phone call yet. There is no car search into parking. You have an outside gate to buzz thru to facility door. Check in, then shoes off/walk thru the metal detector/ pat down then go into visitation. Hand the guard at the very back of the room your paper and they will assign you a table. It took about 30 minutes for Bill to arrive. If you have a chance to do any of their counseling family sessions DO NOT buy snacks until you know if you will be in the class or not as there is NO FOOD in the classrooms. Just a metal detector walk-thru on way out....no pat down. If you visit, I would call for GOOD Directions the first time as the sign at the road is a little confusing as the area that facility is in is industrial. Mrs. Hinch is the unit Parole Officer and I was advised to talk with her occasionally so she knows your loved one has support as her input weighs a lot on release decisions to the board. I have not been able to contact her yet. It is the Palestine Board. I hope this helps some of you.

Crysla

East Texas Treatment Facility
P.O. Box 8000
Henderson, Tx 75653

903-657-8048

Pre-paid phone call set up:972-964-7010
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Crysla For This Useful Post:
bcrispy (02-01-2011), emdubya (08-06-2012), juliej0122 (12-01-2009), MisinMyBro (03-26-2009), PuffnStuffTx (06-07-2009), Skarlet1110 (12-25-2011), strawberry6977 (09-03-2009), swtmartha (03-28-2009), TxYellowRose (12-09-2011), Yadi23669 (05-07-2014)