Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri subforum.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm doing fine!

Default Gangs and segragation

I am watching Lock up on msnbc and they are ina prison in Alaska and unlike most of the ones tha they show that are in California they dont have gang issues and they dont allow the inmates to self segrgate. So I am wondering does missouri prisons have gang issues and segregation by race issues that other prisons have?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 PM

Alaska is going to be different than most states for a couple reasons...they have only like 670,00 people in the state and less than 5000 in their prisons..makes for a different way of handling things. Missouri by comparison has over 30,000 prisoners.

As far as I know there is no official segregation by race in MO prisons..that doesnt mean that prisoners dont segregate themselves along many different lines. People will search out "friends" or "acquaintances' for many different reasons..for some that will be by race, for some not. Its kind of like general society but magnified by abnormal living conditions.

I dont watch that program but I would guess that you can find Anything in ANy prsion if you know where to look.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm doing fine!

I was just wondering if they self segregate and have that big of a gang poplutaion in all prisons, or is that just mainly in prisons that are in california where a lot of the people say that ganga originated from.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Donation Award 

There is a fair amount of self segregation in Missouri. I know there are gangs, how prevelant they are compared to CA or TX I don't know, but I'm feel pretty safe to say they are not near the problem as in other states. But they are there and they do cause their fair share of trouble. I could not name them, but they are in Missouri.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christy For This Useful Post:
LimeTiger (01-20-2014)
Old 06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

It also depends on the prison even in Missouri. JCCC is much more segregated than say farmington. I know Moberly is somewhere in between. My fiance is black and we have friends from the outside that are white and also at moberly. He associates with them but there is a line you dont cross also. It is all part of being aware of your surroundings and who surrounds you. It is all part of prison politics. The midwest is not nearly as bad as CA, NY and TX.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Donation Award 

From my understanding, many of them have been shipped to Licking. This is rumor, but I know when there has been trouble in the past they send them all to Bowersox!
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Thanks Christy! I dont believe i know anyone in licking....guess that is a good thing!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 PM

Default gangs in missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
There is a fair amount of self segregation in Missouri. I know there are gangs, how prevelant they are compared to CA or TX I don't know, but I'm feel pretty safe to say they are not near the problem as in other states. But they are there and they do cause their fair share of trouble. I could not name them, but they are in Missouri.
Although they are not as prevelant in Missouri there is currently a big battle going on between family values, the SSG's and the Midwest peckerwoods for ownership of some of the prisons. The peckerwoods seem to be trying to claim the most land and trying to cause more strife. Most people who are smart stay out of the way of these three gangs but they are very prevalent in the mens institutions. Don't kid yourself these three run alot of activity but Missouri downplays it A LOT.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anomalis1 For This Useful Post:
cmf1212 (01-20-2014), LimeTiger (01-20-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Donation Award 

I trust my guy to be telling me the truth when he says "It's not like that here." SECC.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomalis1 View Post
Although they are not as prevelant in Missouri there is currently a big battle going on between family values, the SSG's and the Midwest peckerwoods for ownership of some of the prisons. The peckerwoods seem to be trying to claim the most land and trying to cause more strife. Most people who are smart stay out of the way of these three gangs but they are very prevalent in the mens institutions. Don't kid yourself these three run alot of activity but Missouri downplays it A LOT.
They do definitely run A LOT of activity! I was with someone b4 who was a member of one of those & I was very naive about it all until he came along. I never realized how big and how guess you could say powerful they are. I don't think some of the prisons are as bad as others though.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomalis1 View Post
This is exactly what my husband said, he's in Pacific (MECC) and last year he told me all of this...
Old 02-10-2014, 10:35 PM

What's ssg full name?
Etc
Old 03-07-2014, 03:42 AM

My boyfriend is in pacific he is FAM they keep taking his cr date when he hasn't done anything wrong and I believe its cuz he is patched up and this time it has something to do w a riot 6.1
Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharysgirl622 View Post
My boyfriend is in pacific he is FAM they keep taking his cr date when he hasn't done anything wrong and I believe its cuz he is patched up and this time it has something to do w a riot 6.1
Girl that is crazy! My ex was in Pacific in 2010 and the same exact crap happened to him. They took his outdate 3 different times and he had the same exact riot 6.1. If you ask me Pacific is just looking to mess with people who are patched up!

Old 04-13-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf1212 View Post
Girl that is crazy! My ex was in Pacific in 2010 and the same exact crap happened to him. They took his outdate 3 different times and he had the same exact riot 6.1. If you ask me Pacific is just looking to mess with people who are patched up!
I'm glad i read this before we make any decisions! my fiance is trying to transfer from Bowling green. I honestly don't think this camp would be any better. My cousin was here before as well and they kept taking his day too! We have about 4 years left I just want him to finish up with no problems. Idk where he should transfer too at this point.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:43 PM

Ssg is running the yard at pacific now I left in Dec last yr and peckerwoods where non existent but really its a easy yard to get along on not to much bs and if your not connected stay out of the way and do your business and time other than thatthe c.o.'s are always on some bs but its prison and that's just how it is
Old 08-22-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTred View Post
I'm glad i read this before we make any decisions! my fiance is trying to transfer from Bowling green. I honestly don't think this camp would be any better. My cousin was here before as well and they kept taking his day too! We have about 4 years left I just want him to finish up with no problems. Idk where he should transfer too at this point.
It wouldn't be a bad place compared to bowling green its seriously a easy yard to get along on if he is trying to do his time and go home and not on any political bs
Old 08-22-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharysgirl622 View Post
Whats your bf called inside I just left pacific in dec