Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nevada Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Nevada prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Holding him down

Default Inmate Calling Solutions

The Nevada Department of Corrections will soon be switching to Inmate Calling Solutions (Embarq). I think in the beginning of April. My honey said that he had to create a new phone list. They were going to discard of his old one. There is gonna be NO MORE Global Tel! Calls are suppose to be cheaper. So I'm just giving a HEADS UP!

Oh Yea the number for Inmate Calling Solutions (Embarq) is 1-888-506-8407

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2008, 01:42 PM

Are you serious about discarding the old phone list? I just received my first phone call Monday and waited a good 3 1/2 weeks for everything to go through and now he has to put the number in again?

Should I call Embarq about that? I thought the prison approves the numbers.. I guess you could say I'm confused..
Old 03-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Holding him down

At the place where my honey is at they're going to discard the old phone list. I don't think that all prisons, camps, jails. But they said that there is not gonna be no more Global Tel for the whole Nevada Department of Corrections because of the new Embarq contract. Yes I think you should call Embarq about this and again the number is 1-888-506-8407. I called them and they said to call in the end of the month to set up an account that it will take effect in the beginnning of April. I also told them that Global Tel knows nothing of this. And they said they wouldn't because it's new system they are trying to set up, that it's for the families so the calls are suppose to be cheaper. My honey called me last night and told me that calls are gonna stop coming through since they're gonna stop associating with Global Tel.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Yes this is true about Embarq being th new phone company. I also setup my account already.. the customer service agent were really nice to deal with for a change.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Closed

Does anyone know if ESP is discarding old phone lists ?
or what the new International call rates will be ?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:17 AM

I got a letter today, phones at SDCC will be down until the end of April when ICS takes over. I spoke with them and they said I have to wait until he tries to call my number and I will be automatically transferred to a customer service rep who will set me up with a prepaid account. So, this is gonna be a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong month.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Closed

ESP is replacing all the phone lists as well... my boyfriend and I went through his list together and decided which numbers are necessary and which are unnecessary. He also told me March 25 would be the last day to use prepaid phone time and then anything left would be refunded, so I expected this, but I'm still not ready to go a month without talking to him I guess I don't really have a choice. I hope this doesn't last until the end of April... it's only been 2 days and already I miss him so much!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Holding him down

Same thing with me . My honey wont be able to call until next month.. well it's March 28, 2008 today. And I talked to him yesterday . I called ICS today and they said in their system it just sais that they will begin servicing the whole NDOC in April 2008, but it doesn't give them an exact date. They were really nice though and I wasn't on hold for long . I guess I will call back in 3 days . Oh and i also asked about their website, she said that once their system is updated (April) we can also go on it and set up an account that way www.inmatecallingsolutions.com

Last edited by Mrs.Official05; 03-28-2008 at 09:50 AM..
Old 03-28-2008, 10:53 PM

Does anyone know which institutions are switching when? I ususally get a call from Warm Springs CC in Carson City everyday but he didn't call today. But he also didn't say anything about not calling tonight when I talked to him yesterday.
Could those of you who's family/friends told them they won't be calling for a while please post which facilities they're at so those of us who's inmates aren't great about communicating such things know? He's really bad about writing too! lol
Old 03-28-2008, 11:24 PM

My man is at SDCC, his letter said he couldn't buy phone time until April 25 and ICS told me it would be late April before SDCC is switched over. Fox said their phones are down now.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Closed

Well, my boyfriend only told me a while ago. He mentioned a note which explained the change in phone service and also how the last time to use prepaid time would be March 25 (ESP). He didn't even finish reading the note before walking away. He was so upset and thought prepaid time would be cancelled, but a friend told him to read the rest and it turns out prepaid time isn't being cancelled, but it has to be set up with ICS. I don't know when prepaid time will be available to be purchased by inmates but hopefully it's established as soon as ICS is in service. Also my boyfriend told me when he was given the phone list, all the numbers required addresses... which was not previously necessary at ESP. He said he talked to a few people who weren't going to give an address so that's what we went with. Apparently the same list is being used throughout NDOC and some facilities require addresses, which is why it's listed on the form. However, he said our facility doesn't need addresses so it's something he won't be including. Also there was place to write numbers for cell phones, but he said it's probably for the same reason... some facilities may allow cell phone numbers, but not ESP. So, though it's on the form, I doubt cell phone numbers would be approved unless it's at a facility where cell phones were previously allowed. The inmates at ESP weren't given much notice and I'm guessing it was the same for other facilities as well. He couldn't tell me when he'd be able to call in April, soI hope he calls by April 25...
Old 03-29-2008, 06:48 PM

Embarq 1.888.506.8407
Old 03-30-2008, 01:05 PM

You know, isn't this horrible? I tell you guys, it is so very frustrating. Our loved ones are already incarcerated for what they did. Isn't being incarcerated the punishment? Isn't losing one's freedom the punishment? And we can't call them. And we can't even so much as send a three word message to them such as "Call John Sunday." We can write and it takes so long for the message to go back and forth.

But somehow that's not enough--everything else has to be always screwed up, too. They switch over phone service and we can't talk for a MONTH while they re-organize themselves. Cell numbers at prisons X and Y but not Z. Addresses are required at prisons Y and Z but not X.

I suspect Moe, Larry and Curley must be running the show at NDOC.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM

Mine is at NSP. I called Embarq last week and they told me that the phones would be on by the 7 April. He's heard that he can buy the new phone pre-pay from the 1 April. I will call them again this week to see what they say.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM

brk,

I got a letter from Fox and he said they will be able to buy phone time after April 15th and that phones are supposed to be up and running at SDCC by the 25th. I haven't talked to him since March 13, so I am not happy with the situation, but hopefully it will be a more reliable one when they have it set up.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 AM

Fox's
I'm gonna call Embarq again today and see what they say. If I hear anything new I'll post it later. We last spoke on 25 March which was the last day to use pre-pay. I really hope iit's not too much longer. The mail has been messed up as well lately.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 AM

my husband is at sdcc i just called Embarq and the lady said the 15th is when the phones will be on down there and its a lot cheaper and to talk for 30 mins on my house or cell phone its only 4.95 when before me and jason could only talk like 10 mins with the phone time he would by and im setting up an account at like 1am on the 15th so he can call that day as soon as he gets up they are open 24 hours a day which is good
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Holding him down

I called today and they told me April 7th for Pioche. Well at least they gave me an exact date.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 PM

I just got online with Inmate Calling Solutions (EMBAQ) and they will allow you to set up the account now for facilities throughout Nevada. I guess they'll adjust the account once they have all the facilities up and running, but I set up my account today. Maybe you won't have to wait. I figure at least if the account is set up that he'll be able to get through as soon as the phones are up.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Holding him down

I just called and set up my account as well . I didn't put in any money for right now (eventhough you can). Now i just gotta wait . Oh and he said it's a dollar limit account and you can put as much money as you want.

Last edited by Mrs.Official05; 04-03-2008 at 09:51 AM..
Old 04-03-2008, 03:12 PM

ok i am new to the prison thing so do i have to go prepaid for the calls or can i be billed on my monthly bill...im confused
Old 04-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Holding him down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZQMURDA
ok i am new to the prison thing so do i have to go prepaid for the calls or can i be billed on my monthly bill...im confused
From what I know you have to set up an account with the phone provider for the facility. Which now it is Inmate Calling Solutions (embarq). You use to be able to pay on your phone bill but not anymore.

But now that I think of it what if you have Embarq and Inmate Calling Solutions deals with Embarq, I wonder if it's possible to pay on your phone bill? Good Question! I'll call 'bout this later

Old 04-03-2008, 05:31 PM

He called last night! He said the phones have been all screwed up but he figured he'd give it a try and BINGO!!! So I got to talk to my baby for the first time in 3 weeks. (It will probably be another 3 weeks before I hear again, but I'm not complaining.)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 AM

If you go to the NDOC website they have all the dates for each place for the times that Embarq will be up and running. Not all places are on there yet but they will update as and when.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Holding him down

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk103
If you go to the NDOC website they have all the dates for each place for the times that Embarq will be up and running. Not all places are on there yet but they will update as and when.
Found it thanks
http://www.doc.nv.gov/news/docs/id22...pdate_NDOC.pdf