Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Pennsylvania facilities should be posted here.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Default Visiting coal township for the 1st time

Hi all I'm visiting coal township for the 1st time....I know that there hasn't been much said about this prison but if any one has any info they could share with me I'd greatly appreciate it as you can imagine I'm very nervouse between the clothing thats acceptable the perfume thing and the wire bra issue
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2008, 07:32 PM

I go to Coal township at least twice a month , from my experience they are pretty laid back their. Clothing pretty much goes for the dress code for all other prisons no hoods,nothing to low cut , wires in bras I have never had problems with You walk through a metal detector and if it keeps going of because of the bra usually they'll just wand you to make sure its the bra. There is nothing really to be nervous about though it's very laid back compaired to the other prison I've gone to.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnellyd88
I go to Coal township at least twice a month , from my experience they are pretty laid back their. Clothing pretty much goes for the dress code for all other prisons no hoods,nothing to low cut , wires in bras I have never had problems with You walk through a metal detector and if it keeps going of because of the bra usually they'll just wand you to make sure its the bra. There is nothing really to be nervous about though it's very laid back compaired to the other prison I've gone to.
Thanks Jnelly..I'm glad someone responded I must admit I was alittle concerned about that whole underwire bra thing but thanks for the reassurance
Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Coal Township Visit

Hi,

I go up to see my son about once a month. They are pretty good with the visitors. The wait to get in isn't bad either.

I just hate the long drive up there. From where I live in Delaware County, it takes be 3 hrs one way to drive.

I just wish he was closer.

Suzanne
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydogs
Hi,

I go up to see my son about once a month. They are pretty good with the visitors. The wait to get in isn't bad either.

I just hate the long drive up there. From where I live in Delaware County, it takes be 3 hrs one way to drive.

I just wish he was closer.

Suzanne
MY COMMUNTE ISN'T ANY BETTER I'M COMING FROM NYC VIA AMTRAK TO THEN HOP ON A VAN MY DAY WILL START PRETTY EARLY IN THE MORNING AND I WON'T BE GETTING BACK TO NYC TO LATE AT NIGHT
Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Hows The Visiting Room Do I Have To Sit There And Wait Till They Bring Him Out To Me ...how Do I Go About Bringing Money Do I Have To Put It In A Zip Lock Or Something Other Then My Pocket I Don't Want Them To Think I'm Smuggeling Anything In Is There Gum Or Breath Mints On The Vending Machine (i Know Stupid Question But Im Big On Fresh Breath At All Times)...am I Allowed To Bring Anything In The Visting Room Other Than My Self And My Singles And 5's?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Default Commute

Where are you getting at van at? Is it 30th Street in Philadelphia and if so, what do they charge?

When time do they pick you up and drop you back off and what day?

I was going to check into getting a van to go up myself since it takes me a full tank of gas.

When you go in, you will see where the guard sits. Off to the left on the wall, you take a number and then they call you. You have to sign in with your name, inmate name, your address, make of car. Then you give him your license. He will give it back to you and you have to put everything in a locker. He will give you a key to lock it. You take that with you.

Bring money in a clear baggie. I think you can have at least $30. Only in 1's, 5's or change. They have vending machines that have food, drinks, mints and gum.

Then you go through a metal detector. Sometimes they scan you too for drugs.

Then you sit in another room until they call you. Then you go through the door and walk down a long halway. Then they open another door. Off to the right, you put your hand under a light so they can see the hand stamp you have and you put the copy of the paperwork up to the window so they can see that. Then you go to the left and go into the visitor room. Your loved one will be waiting for you at the desk. You can give them a hug at that time. Then you give your paperwork to the guard at that desk. They will then tell you where to sit.

The inmates are not allowed to go the vending machines. We have to go for them. Stuff sells out fast and the selection isn't the greatest and of course not cheap!

But my son gets something different then what they usually have.

Since I have been going up there, the wait isn't that bad. I haven't had to wait more than 30 minutes before seeing him.

Suzanne
Old 03-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Thanks for all the details susan I really needed that now i know what to expect...yes I'm catching the van from 30th street the train station its 25 bucks through prison society but they don't go too often every other month I believe
Old 03-25-2008, 01:37 PM

Sorry I left some answers out
May 2nd leave at 8am drops back off at 730
Old 03-26-2008, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Van

Hi,

That isn't bad....$25 but I see they leave on a Friday.

Do you have their phone number? I am going to call them to see if they go up any other days.

Thanks,

Suzanne
Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydogs
Hi,

That isn't bad....$25 but I see they leave on a Friday.

Do you have their phone number? I am going to call them to see if they go up any other days.

Thanks,

Suzanne
HERE IS THE SITE
PRISONSOCIETY.ORG...THEY ONLY TRAVEL ONCE EVERY OTHER MONTH
CHECK UNDER PROGRAMS AND SERVICES ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE
THERE ARE OTHERS VAN SERVICES BUT THEY COST MORE ABOUT 50-60 BUCKS FOR THE TRIP THIS IS DEFENITLY THE CHEAPEST