Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TDCJ - What You Need to Know > Texas Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Texas facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Texas forum.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 AM

Default Im new .. question about visitation at the Luther Unit

Hi everyone. im new to all of this but i had a question a family member of mine is in the luther unit in navasota tx. He added me to his visit list before he was even transfered out of the local county jail here in san antonio and now that he is finally settled in the luther unit i tried to visit him and the lady on the phone told me that i was not on his list and he would not be allowed to add anyone for 6 months. Does anyone know if there is anyway that he can add me or if there is anything i can do to fix this so that i can see him?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 AM

my advice would be to call the unit where he is and talk with the warden and explain that he put your name on a list but you aren't sure what happened. If that doesn't work, have the person you are trying to visit send a request to the records dept. along with an explanation regarding the list that was filled out before being transferred. Depending on the circumstances that might make an exception and let him add you to his list. I hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Son to Afghanistan 11/11

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,288 Posts

You could try what was suggested above but when they get to the new unit from county, the inmate fills out a new list and that is what they go from. This is part of their intake process. I don't believe the TDC unit will even recognize a visitation list from county. It is true that the list can only be changed once every 6 months. Or it might be 90 days...someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it is awhile.

Call the unit and see if anything else can be done, but I am not sure that it can. Let us know how it goes..and best of luck.

Welcome to PTO and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask and we will try to help!

Tracy

Formerly Known as Joshiesmom
Old 03-13-2008, 08:01 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,161 Times in 2,583 Posts

Hello and welcome to PTO! We are glad you found us! I think the list can be changed every 90 days for state jail and every 6 months for TDC. I hope you can resolve this problem. Keep us posted.

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Blessed Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,541 Times in 1,745 Posts

I don't think TDCJ honors any visitation list from county jails (but I could be wrong). How long has he been there? I know it took 3 weeks for me to get on my cousin's visitation list when he was sent transferred to TDCJ. The other thing is he might have tried to list you as his wife but they didn't believe him etc. There are tons of things that could have happened but I would call and talk to the inmate records supervisor. If they can't help then contact the Warden or his secretary. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.

I claim 2013 will be our best year thus far!!