Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Clements Prison Unit - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 PM

Default Has anyone visited Clements Prison Unit in Amarillo Texas?

I'd like to go visit my ex husband someday, but wondered what to expect. The last time I visited someone in prison, it was 26 years ago and there were no waiting lines. Do they assign you a place to sit or what? I haven't seen my ex in 17 years so don't know if I'd recognize him. I'm hoping to go visit in 1-2 months and I live over 300 miles away.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Donation Award 

Gosh, it's been about a decade since I was at Clements. But make sure you call ahead of time. Over 300 miles will get you the extra long visit. I drove from Houston, so we got 4 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. They were very friendly (at the time) other than once when we were supposed to get contact visits but didn't. Usually if it's non contact, and it probably will be since he's your ex now, you can just go to an available window and they will send him out there. He will recognize you. They were all glass windows when I went and you talked on the phone if it was non contact. At the tables when we had contact visits we could just go to an available one, too. No problems there.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Man, this sucks!

I have been there once about 6 months ago. I pretty scared cause I have never visited a maximum before. I visited on a Sunday at noon and had no wait at all. Things could have changed by now, they always do. As soon as you walk in is the security area. You go through about 2 more identification check points. My visit was through glass cause he was just a friend. Not sure what other information you are looking for. Just pm me.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Amor vincit omnia

I visit my husband at Clements once or twice a month. There's usually not a line or anything. It's really not that bad of a unit.

Once you get to the visitation room, they will tell you where to sit. Then when your ex gets there, they will tell him which booth to go to.

I always call the Monday before the weekend I'm going to request a special visit.

Also, you should take quarters so you can buy him food and drinks from the vending machines.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to help and I go pretty frequently so I'm familiar with the unit.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:21 PM

I went to Clements and there was a line but not bad but they are so strick and my experience with some of the staff was bad. Some of the younger staff was rude and treated me and my mother like we were inmates. Call ahead of time cause they won't hesitate to turn you away.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 PM
9/15/2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh1436 View Post
I visit my husband at Clements once or twice a month. There's usually not a line or anything. It's really not that bad of a unit.

Once you get to the visitation room, they will tell you where to sit. Then when your ex gets there, they will tell him which booth to go to.

I always call the Monday before the weekend I'm going to request a special visit.

Also, you should take quarters so you can buy him food and drinks from the vending machines.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to help and I go pretty frequently so I'm familiar with the unit.

Is a high maximun security unit? I have a loved one that is going to be sent there here soon and I just wanna know.....thanks in advance? Any advice on what I should expect?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM

Yes, Clements is High Security as well has AD seg HS. Which we get to visit in the back of the building. Only think 13 seg booths so can get busy I have had 2 specials cut short. One by 2 hrs another by 15 minutes. If in SEG HS than can visit during the week. I am trying a Tues/Wednesday in May. I was just there in the beginning of the month 3 rd time going in last 6 months and the staff has always been great to me. Last visit we did have one CO on a power kick we were laughing to loud and OMG I swore!! opps... Like they have never heard it, I didn't even realized it came out. But Warden Baker is very nice and I really can't complain about bad Staff. GL

I love you-I have loved you all along-And I miss you-Been far away for far too long-I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore - Nickelback Far Away