Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prisons & Jails > Eastern Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (ERDCC) - Missouri
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Eastern Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (ERDCC) - Missouri Topics and discussion specific to Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (ERDCC) in Bonne Terre, Missouri.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Erdcc Honor House

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting their loved one transferred to the honor house at ERDCC.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2008, 12:19 AM

I dont know about ERDCC. But we had no problems getting into the hell hole known as KCCRC. I dont know your situation, if you dont have a home plan they will automatically send them to a honor center or halfway house.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Donation Award 

By honor house you mean the internal ones? That is all dependent on space. All the prisons are overcrowded and the honor houses are too. Someone has to get a violation and either moved to ad-seg or down another "level" inside the prison for someone to get into the honor dorms. ERDCC is no different than the other ones in the state. Once in the honor dorm, most guys are on good behavior and not acting all crazy and getting violations.

My own personal belief is that a few times a year, the staff will come in and make a sweep of the honor dorms and find things to write guys up for just to move them out of the honor dorm so they can make room for others. There is nothing to prove this, just my own thinking as it seems to happen quite a bit at the level 5's I have dealt with.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:39 PM

Thanks! Yes, I was referring to the internal honor house. I never thought about the fact that we have to actually wait until someone gets moved or in trouble before space will open. I have since been told they are possibly going down to 1 honor house. I did speak to the bed broker and he informed me they are down 72 beds compared to before when they had 2 honor houses.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM

Technically, ERDCC is down to 1 honor's house and that's 3 house. 11 house is an honor's house as well but that's only for lower level inmates.

Lisa
Old 03-10-2008, 09:08 PM

Thanks that explains alot! I guess he will have to wait a long time before he gets in 3 house if that is the only left.