Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prisons & Jails > Alabama Therapeutic Education Facility
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Alabama Therapeutic Education Facility Topics and discussion specific to the Alabama Therapeutic Education Facility in Columbiana, Alabama.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:00 PM
mystical lady

Default New Program in Alabama - ATEF

Does anyone know anything about this new program in Shelby County, Alabama called A.T.E.F. My husband is in lay over at ELmore, ALabama in route to some place in Shelby County. I think he said the full name of the place is Alabama Therapuetic Educational Facility? I need some information on where it is.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,245 Posts

I haven't heard anything but then I've been kind of out of the ADOC news loop for a long while now. Hopefully someone that may know something will pop along in here soon and be of more help!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:52 AM

Foiund this at AL.com:

Wednesday, March 12, 2008WALTER BRYANTNews staff writer
A business that will prepare 400 nonviolent state prison inmates for work-release programs will begin opening late this month in Columbiana.

The 115,000-square-foot Alabama Therapeutic Education Facility, just off Alabama 70 west of downtown Columbiana, was formerly occupied by Elastic Corporation of America.

Last July, the state Department of Corrections signed a three-year, $3 million contract with Community Education Centers, a New Jersey company, to house 350 male and 50 female offenders nearing the end of their sentences. In August, the city council modified the property's manufacturing zoning classification so it could have a residential component.
To read the rest click on this below:

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...000.xml&coll=2

Hope it helps you with all your questions!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Elovereece

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical lady View Post
Does anyone know anything about this new program in Shelby County, Alabama called A.T.E.F. My husband is in lay over at ELmore, ALabama in route to some place in Shelby County. I think he said the full name of the place is Alabama Therapuetic Educational Facility? I need some information on where it is.

Thanks
Hey sorry so late, my boyfriend was one of the first inmates there. Its a nice place. Holla at me i can tell you more, i've been there twice , i go everyother week.
Evelyn
Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 AM

I have a very close friend/ boyfriend at the facility... were working on trying to decide which work release b/c he graduates in Jan and he wants to have a job lined up.. anyone else having problems finding jobs?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecausey View Post
Hey sorry so late, my boyfriend was one of the first inmates there. Its a nice place. Holla at me i can tell you more, i've been there twice , i go everyother week.

I just opened up a new subforum for it in the prisons subforum listings recently since I noticed ADOC is now listing it on their website as a facility.

If you could take a look at the visitation & general info sticky threads in the Limestone or Easterling subforums and let us know what's different or the same about ATEF, that would be fantastic and help us be able to make a similar listing in the new ATEF subforum on visiting & other info.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecausey View Post
Evelyn
hey my husband just went there how is the visistation set up???
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 PM

Default Here is some info

My boyfriend has also been talking about A.T.E.F. and he's at Red Eagle Work Center right now. But I found the address to where A.T.E.F. is:
102 Industrial Parkway
P.O. Box 1970
Columbiana, AL 35051
Phone: (205) 669-1187
Fax: (205) 669-1178

I found it just by googling A.T.E.F. program and it was the first thing that popped up. It seems to have a lot of information on it about the program. I'm actually about to go read it myself. I was excited to find some information on it!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Can anyone fill me in on the program ATEF??!!my man is in there..iknow nuthing abt it..of someone can help thank u in advance!!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 PM
English Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,540 Times in 6,753 Posts

There is a little bit about it Here

Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Theresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifflovesbee82 View Post
Can anyone fill me in on the program ATEF??!!my man is in there..iknow nuthing abt it..of someone can help thank u in advance!!
My son is there so I know a little about it . I visit there twice a month . There are two sides to ATEF . One side is for the program and the other side is for housing inmates for the ADOC because of over crowding . My son said that if you qualify for the program and you complete it then you will make parole if your date is coming soon if not then you go to work release not back to prison . I know that the facility has A/C and that the inmates are called residents and the employes are called counslers . I also know that the place is very unorganized every time I have to call noone knows anything . I cannnot ever get a straight answer . I also have a visiting list so if you have your loved ones address I can tell you which days you can visit and what time . Oh yea they are allowed a clothes package and shoes from home . There are two different packages one is for the program and it allows some colored clothes and the other is for the inmated being housed there and they can only get whites . I hope this helps . Feel free to message me with any questions you have . I will be glad to help .
Theresa
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason'sMama For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (11-12-2012)