Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Violent Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Loving a Violent Offender Discuss the issues of having a violent offender as part of your life. Please keep in mind that some of us are married to violent offenders. Please remember that these offenders are human, and as such, can change... just like anyone else.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,716 Posts
Default Bond in armed robbery

My husbands arrignment is at 9AM (yay insomnia). He was arrested for armed robbery, but unfortunly this isn't his first VO. He got ou tof prison in november of 2006 on a felony assult charge.

I was wondering is there a chance that he will be able to have a bond set. I so scared and worried, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and praying against rationale hope I guess that he will be atleast able to make bond and be there for our daughters birth.

Also what is the usual sentence in VA for this type of crime.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Vanquished
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,575 Times in 2,177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoneandonly View Post
My husbands arrignment is at 9AM (yay insomnia). He was arrested for armed robbery, but unfortunly this isn't his first VO. He got ou tof prison in november of 2006 on a felony assult charge.

I was wondering is there a chance that he will be able to have a bond set. I so scared and worried, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and praying against rationale hope I guess that he will be atleast able to make bond and be there for our daughters birth.

Also what is the usual sentence in VA for this type of crime.
I do apologize for the lack of responses. how did everything turn out? These cases varies from court to court.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Till death do us part

So far not good. The lawyer won't ask for a bond, said that the judge won't do one for this charge. Our daughter was born on the 26th. He wasn't able to be there for it. And he gets to see her for the first time this saturday. From behind glass but its the first time I've got to see him in a month.

He waived the prelimary hearing, to hurry the inditment through, and was inditated on one count of armed robbery...The indictment list it as an unclasified felony, so we are still in the dark as to what his sentence might be. We go back to court (circuit this time instead of general district) on the 28th. not sure what to expect then, but am preparing for the worst and praying for the best

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
Old 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM

WOW! Your story sounds like just like ours... He is currently serving out his sentence for armed robbery. (He took the plea, 10 do 5.) When he did what he did, he had only been off parole for 1 month, an assult charge. I was also pregnant (3 months). We requested a bond reduction 2 times and was denied both... needless to say he missed the birth of our daughter. But here were are 25 months later... Believe me it gets easier... You will have your ups & downs... Just keep your faith! My thought is the State of Indiana cant keep him away from us forever!
Hisoneandonly (05-10-2008)
Old 05-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Crazy never felt so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz78 View Post
WOW! Your story sounds like just like ours... He is currently serving out his sentence for armed robbery. (He took the plea, 10 do 5.) When he did what he did, he had only been off parole for 1 month, an assult charge. I was also pregnant (3 months). We requested a bond reduction 2 times and was denied both... needless to say he missed the birth of our daughter. But here were are 25 months later... Believe me it gets easier... You will have your ups & downs... Just keep your faith! My thought is the State of Indiana cant keep him away from us forever!
Same here almost. He had a 500k bond for one night the first night of his arrest and then after that they took it away and there was NO bond. I was 6 months preg, he got 10 at 85% so 8 1/2. He also missed the birth of his daughter and now here we are 6 years later...
The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneChick For This Useful Post:
Hisoneandonly (05-10-2008)
Old 05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Till death do us part

Thanks everyone, we are now waiting for his lawyer and the prosecutor to work out a deal...Waiting sucks but I know that he will eventually be home.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Forever and a day!

This is what mine was in for his first sentence. He got 10 do 5 also in Indiana. It gets easier after all the sentencing crap is over trust me. Congrats on your little one!!! Stay Strong!!!!

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly

Old 05-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Altheasskweez

Do you know what his bail would be if the court were to set one? Could he/you make it?

Why don't you talk to the lawyer, get some idea of his/her strategy in defending your husband? There may well be a strategic reason for not seeking bail. Armed robbery is usually pretty spendy when it comes to bail, for example. If he has court-appointed counsel and posts a hefty bail, the court might wonder why he can't afford private counsel as well.

Anyway, good luck, and keep your chin up.

FD
Old 05-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Vanquished
Donation Award 

I do hope that he gets a good deal and i am glad that he got to see both you and your daughter. Waiting does suck, but you know what this time apart also helps make the relationship stronger in so many ways

Last edited by Jillian; 05-17-2008 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: forgot a word
Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Till death do us part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Driscoll View Post
Do you know what his bail would be if the court were to set one? Could he/you make it?

Why don't you talk to the lawyer, get some idea of his/her strategy in defending your husband? There may well be a strategic reason for not seeking bail. Armed robbery is usually pretty spendy when it comes to bail, for example. If he has court-appointed counsel and posts a hefty bail, the court might wonder why he can't afford private counsel as well.

Anyway, good luck, and keep your chin up.

FD
They won't set a bail, where in VA it can carry life and the prosecutor found out (don't know how we didn't even know this) his mother is living in FLA so he is considered a flight risk. Plus as the lawyer said this time he is serving will count towards the sentence so I'm trying to look on the up side that everyday is one day closer to us being together.

Hopefully we will know something on Tuesday.

Thanks you all for your advice..I'll keep you updated

Old 05-20-2008, 10:02 PM
angel12569
Donation Award 

I hope you got good news and it won't be such a harsh sentence. But its good to be optimistic that whatever time he is spending now will be credit towards his sentence and one day closer to home. Congratualations on your little one, be strong, and take one day at a time.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Till death do us part

Well court went okay..Could have been worse, it was postponed again..But this time his lawyer did the postponing, she said there was no hard evidence against my husband, which is completely different from what the police told us when they arrested him. And that she wasn't going to let him make a deal with out something concrete. So that gives me alittle hope. Next date is June 17, but now I have to deal with all the worry and stuff again.
The judge did allow him to hold his baby girl for the first time and feed her that day though.

Thanks for all the prayers, you guys and your families are in my prayers daily.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Vanquished
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoneandonly View Post
Well court went okay..Could have been worse, it was postponed again..But this time his lawyer did the postponing, she said there was no hard evidence against my husband, which is completely different from what the police told us when they arrested him. And that she wasn't going to let him make a deal with out something concrete. So that gives me alittle hope. Next date is June 17, but now I have to deal with all the worry and stuff again.
The judge did allow him to hold his baby girl for the first time and feed her that day though.

Thanks for all the prayers, you guys and your families are in my prayers daily.
That is good news, i am glad that he got to hold his daughter and feed her many judges wouldn't allow our loved ones to do those things. I hope that he gets to come home too you soon.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Thanked 2,145 Times in 704 Posts

That is so great he got to hold your baby!!!

God, Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, The COURAGE to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference.
Amen
(Tylers first Tattoo!!!)
Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,154 Times in 6,851 Posts

Wishing you all the best for the 17th
Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 AM
angel12569
Donation Award 

that was nice of the judge to let him hold the baby. I guess there are some out there who have a heart. Good luck on the 17th, keep us posted

Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Ridin it out <3

Ugh we are in the same boat...armed robbery and awaiting sentences. Time sucks. I see your next court date is the 27th..my bfs was supposed to be on the 28th but got continued to the Aug 6th. His only offer so far has been 12 at 85. I hope things get better. GL to you and yours. My prayers are with you.PM me if you ever need someone to vent to. I'm usually always up. This situation has been exhausting =/

Deziree
in bed i lay, with nothing but your T-shirt on.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Till death do us part

He got his sentence for the robbery and POV 7 years 10 months at 85% but he screwed up again so now we get to go back through the court stuff blah his lawyer thinks she can get it concurrrent hopefully..

Good luck and hang in there.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Walking the Walk
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,371 Times in 772 Posts

I hope his lawyer manages to get both to run concurrent. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Till death do us part

Well its finally all over, the charges weren't ran like we were hoping..So here it is...
5 years armed robbery
2 years and 10 months PV
30 days for walking away from work detail
10 DUI
and 1 more year for using a car without owner permission (thank god that was dropped from grand larcerny)

He got several addtional years suspend and probation forever...The best we can figure right now augus-oct of 2015 before he will reach ERD.