Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Prison News & Events Do you have news relating to California's Prison System and related efforts? Post them here!

Old 02-20-2008, 01:15 AM

Default Kern County, DA-Proposed Early Release of Prison Inmates

When you go to the link below then in the
'jump to' field, bring the menu up and go to District Attorney, proposed early prisoner release

http://kern.granicus.com/MediaPlayer...=2&clip_id=432

Hopefully this one works. These guys are a piece of work. I can't believe he actually sterotyped inmates as being dumb.....

They went on and on about trying to stop early release from happening......the things they are coming up with, bringing in the media....sending inmates to around where the governor lives.....must see...be prepared to be ticked off!! well, more ticked off. We need to write letters...they are!

Last edited by davidandbridget; 02-20-2008 at 01:16 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 02:42 AM

thank God inmates are dumb eh? ugh I am mad! I need to go to bed. i have to go to work 2marrow!! what a stutterer!!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

Did I hear him correctly when he said the early release was killed for the mid term budget but will be brought up again in July for the 2008-2009 budget. I never even knew they voted on it.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,996 Times in 800 Posts

Yep, they removed it before they voted.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

Someone told me last night that there was a news story on the news in Bakersfield about the early release talking to citizens and DA's and all that about how they are against the early release of the inmates. The last thing the reported said I was told that this has still not been voted on but if it goes thru the releases would start in April. I wish we could get a clear cut answer on if this is still a option for the now or not.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 AM

Personnally I've lost a little hope on that one as soon as I heard it wasn't brought to the table for a vote, and now hearing all the opposition against it....well, it could ruin some political careers......I would like to know what happened to the three judge panel.....can't they see that California isn't taking them seriously, they should just come in, cap it off and then see what happens.......I wonder if there would be any regrets. WHERE DID THEY GO????? Or have they gotten paid off too?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Unity Makes Changes

Can you say Ignorant... Duh... It amazes me how some people think. "the criminals are exercising to overpower new victims.". Watson says..
In a moment of helping with programs for the inmates, he sees what all the ignorant fools speak.. If they would see the problem.. Most are problems with Drugs..Stop the DRugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Reduce the CRIME!!!!!!!!!
There are few and far between reentry programs. For someone who has been incarcerated? Throw them to the streets with no credit, no reference accept CDC and expect them to get it right. .Come on..
Thanks for the link on the Kern County Board meeting..I think
Its people like OJ Simpson and Money talks... Orange Counties lead sheriff is under indictment for Corruption.. My son was convicted from a cop who lied.. Flat out lied and represented by someone who wasn't an American Citizen.. Now go figure.. Hey Kern County:::::The release is not due to budget it is do to the overcrowding, dangerous inhumane conditions that are in the California Prison System..The lawsuits that will follow.. Then an inmate can get wealthy with money too? As you sit in your pompous suits and speak of no experience.. No real clue... Many I said Many of these inmates like my loved one.. who was working full time, paying taxes, a productive person in society with a broken system. Take your 18 percent and get it right.. ERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
God Bless and hope more are returned home....
Keep them close and dont let them back into this broken system.. Get your hoover on keep them clean of drugs and full of love..
Hugs.. to all..

Last edited by 2008momof1; 03-01-2008 at 01:00 PM..
Old 03-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Donation Award 

Come join our Tea Party Motherof2. We are going to be sending a Boston Tea Party reminder to all legislators real soon. You can find the information in Prison Talk uner 1 of 100 incarcerated.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Unity Makes Changes

Default Send me the Link.. plz

Please send me a link..
I getta kindaaaa lost sometimes in here. ..
Thanks for the invite I"d like to look in and see what the Tea is all about..
Old 03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Unity Makes Changes

DavidandBridgit
We are never without Faith.. With Faith, comes Promise... never wonder with doubt...just know when the time is Right.. it will be right... in the meantime try and get it right... for u.. for us.. for our children.. for our Family...
You are never given a dream without the Power to make it come true..
All things are possible.. through prayer..
Hugs to all...
Let us will this release... Let it be each and every one of them that are known with the eyes above, to be home with their families...
Hopin yours as well as my boy come home sooner than later..
Let us keep informed.. We need a thread or whatever just for this subject. We dont have to go throwing ourselves into madness thinking they will be home. But nothing wrong with believing having faith and feeling good about something.. just everythingssssssssssssssss...lol in moderation.. If its meant to be it will be.. If your voice is to be heard than shout with wisdom...!!!!
heard that before...
take care all.
I'm back and if I dont get another bad scolding I may stay awhile...

Last edited by 2008momof1; 03-01-2008 at 07:52 PM..
Old 03-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Donation Award 

2007MOTHEROF2- It's actually under "21st Century California Tea Party" We are putting a letter together for all legislators.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=608
Old 03-02-2008, 04:01 PM

2007motherof2....Thank you. I really needed to read that.....the ups and downs...the hope and dispair.....Now hope again...(in moderation ) God Bless
Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 PM

amen to you 2007motherof2! we continue every single day to have faith this if ist meant to be then god will see that it happens. we have not tickers, no markings on the calendar or no countdown to his home coming, just our faith that when its his time to come home then god will open the gates for him to be free.

free at last, free at last, thank GOD almighty i'm free at last! not him, ME!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Tea Party Member

How much you want to bet a whole lot of inmates are more educated then he is and he is jealous because of his ignorance. I guess he feels he has to strike out at people who he feels can't speak back.
So sad he forgets we are out here listening and we will be speaking out!!!
Ignorance is bliss.....
Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 AM

These puppies are sick. Biased to their personal beliefs...which ain't right. Anyone listening to that garbage should have got sick to their stomach, like I did. I had to turn it off!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Around the Way

Well friends I am not sure how many of you have been affected by this particular Kern County DA. He is a walking oxymoron...or moron whichever shoe fits. Well I have been affected and would like to know where he gets his numbers. He states only 4.8% are three strikers and that 18% number... man he really knows how to manipulate the situation. Far be it for him to say how enhancement happy he and his staff are, for every sentence there is an enhancement. And illegal enhancements at that, they do sentence people based on thier misdemeanor past and try thier hardest to include these as prior felonies. Which in some cases a past (violent) misdemeanor can be changed into a strike if the next crime is a violent felony. But what they can't do is enhance that crime since it is not a true felony. But they do. Oh and the crap about trying to rehab an inmate so they can become working citizens. Well if the inmate doesnt get his third strike while serving an enhanced term he may very well be able to get a fighting chance to do this on his own because everyone knows the CDC can't make a firefighter out of everyone.
Angry? Me? Yes. Why is there no room for more inmates? HMMM?? I wonder how many inmates sentenced from Kern County are about to start there enhanced term, illegal or otherwise, now that the actual term for the crime done has been completed. Please this DA is his own issue. I personally like Michael Rubio, the chairman. He was raised by a single mother and is decent. I wonder if he actually has seen or heard how this department works when it comes to sentencing. Maybe I'll send him an invite. Oh and as far as dumb... well my husband, in between crimes, earned an Associate of Science and was working in the medical field. Oh and my son and Mr.Jagel's son....you know the attorney that called inmates dumb, well they go to the same school. But who's child do you think run's the greater risk of going to prison? Right. And it is who you know here in this town.... Mr. Jagel's ex???? I don't think she served much time at all. But if I were to run around from pharmacy to pharmacy.... well let's just say I would hope that Chino CDC for women allowed for me to post on this site. Because that would probably be my only form of entertainment for a long, long, long, enhanced time. What do you all think???? Stay Strong and thanks for letting me vent... Soneat
Old 03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Donation Award 

Where are the people from Kern County? If I lived in that county I would be livid. I would be writing to this board. What lies. What deception. How could anyone be stupid enough to beleive that all inmates are hardened criminals. Here is one example of our "stupid" "hardened criminals"
Age 21, drank some beer while camping with his family. Had a fender bender while driving to the country market. Someone in the other car sprained her arm. He was sentenced for one year in a work program.
He was an honor student, worked since he was 16.
This year his car brakes down. He left it and went for help. While he was waiting at his aunts house he and his cousin had a couple of beers. They were driven back to his car. While there, a sheriff drove by and stopped. He asked this now 25 year old if he had been drinking, the young man said "yes" so he was arrested. He was sentenced to 3 years. And yet, the Mayor of La Mesa and a co-worker were passed out on the street with the motor still running and they were given a ride home by the local sheriff. Don't tell me there are not two laws. Those who have connections and those who do not. This DA should be incarcerated for sitting there straight faced and lying. I hate liars...especially those in power.
You people in Kern County need to call him on these lies. Show these jerks that we are not dumb.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:45 PM

So Has Anyone Heard Anything On The New Law That's Releasing Imates Early. The Reason I Ask Is Because My Cousin Was Locked Up In The Fed's In Florida And Was Just Released 5 Days Ago And It Was Due To Some New Law. Now My Question Is: Does This New Law Only Apply To Federal Inmates Or To State Inmates As Well???
MY COUSIN STILL HAD 5 YEARS TO GO AND AFTER THAT WAS HEADED TO STATE PRISON???

Last edited by KimFMAGOO13; 03-11-2008 at 12:52 PM..