Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prisons & Jails > Alabama Work Release Centers & Community Work Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Alabama Work Release Centers & Community Work Camps Topics and discussion specific to all the Work Release Centers & Community Boot & Work Camps in Alabama: Alex City, Atmore, Birmingham, Camden, Childersburg, Decatur, Elba, Hamilton, Loxley, & Mobile WRs/CWCs.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 AM
mystical lady

Default Info on Hamilton work release center, Alabama

I would like to know a little about the situation at Hamilton. My boy friend may be transferrred there in a few months. I really hope he goes to Decatur work release though.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
~One Step Closer~ 5/8/12

Hamilton WR is not that bad of a place to be. They aren't *too* strict (as far as I remember anyway) & there are really good job opportunities for them. They have GoldKist (well, Pilgram's Pride now), numerous furniture plants, & mobile home plants. It's way better than being behind the fence though...of course.

Decatur also isn't that bad of a place. I had some 'drama' with them right there @ the end of the time I was having to deal with them but, other than that...it was one of the best places I have visited.

If you need/want to know anything else about Hamilton (or Decatur for that matter)...just let me know & I'll do my best to help ya in any way...
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 PM
mystical lady

Where is Hamilton wr located? Is it non-smoking? I know where Decatur is because I use to live there, but I don't have any idea how to get there from Huntsville
Old 03-14-2008, 08:30 AM
mystical lady

Well, now they are telling him that he is going to a new facility called ATF or the Alabama therapuetic facility in Shelby County. It is not even finished. He was suppose to go the first of March. Then the rumor went to April 1 and now they are saying in May. It is like college dorms and the program last 4 to 6 months. Have you ever heard of this place?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
mystical lady

I mean Alabama threapuetic educational facility?
Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 PM

I was at Hamilton Work Release. It is probally one of the best camps in the system. Very Laid back. It is run by a bunch of country good ole boy white officers. It is so laid back, that when I was there December a year ago, someone BROKE INTO THE PRISON, and rolled out two of the big heavy change machines on a dolly. There WASN"T a fence around it before then. Two weeks after the prison was broken INTO, the warden put one up around the front. I must say it was quiet commical when they broke in. It was late on a Friday night, everyone had gone to sleep. There were 3 officers on duty. One had gone to Walmart. The other was out back with the service man watching Miami Vice, and the other was in the Shift Office asleep when it happened. Does that tell you how laid back it is???
Old 04-17-2009, 06:53 PM

My father is serving time at Hamilton Work Release. The guards have been super nice to me. Every time I have called them with a question they were more than happy to answer it. Visiting hours are either 8 til 11 or 12 til 3 every other sunday.You may bring change in a zip lock baggie up to 40 bucks I think. The guards ask if anyone needs a drink or something to eat and the inmates go get it. You cant leave your change with your loved one. You visit in the chow hall and its got a little smell in there. Its 2 long cement pic nic looking tables. No jewelry cell phones alcohol weapons or drugs. No white or light colored clothing and of course nothing revealing. Hope this may help someone. I know I searched and found nothing on Hamilton wr. Oh and its located on Hwy 278 east.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:55 PM

Hamilton wr is a good place to be nice guards etc!! And to locate the prison on hwy 278 look for the big rocks on the grass spelling out letters! Cnt recall wat they spell out but know they are there! I drive by it everytime I go to my dads
The Following User Says Thank You to DAIwife For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (11-03-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 09:51 PM
loving_me_some_of_him

Default Info on Hamilton WR

My husband it fixing to transfer from ATEF to Hamilton. If at all possible, can someone give me as much info about this place as possible. We have been to many prison but never a work release so this is new to us. My main concerns are job avalibality, visitation, passes home and etc. Thanks in advance.

I can't live in a world where
you don't exist~Your everything to me!
*It's you; it's always been
you; it'll always be you!!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 AM

My dad is in there , and I'm going to see him for the first time tomorrow..I haven't seen him since I was 14 and I'm 17 now. I'm a little bit nervous about going so my grandma is going with me. But I just don't know what to expect.

Last edited by hcreel21; 08-28-2011 at 04:02 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 04:09 PM

Default hey i was just wondering why you would rather him

be at decatur work release