Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Indiana General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana subforum.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Prison tour?

My teen brother is on a very horrible path in life. I don't want to get into any details but he is going to end up in prison if he doesn't stop.

Is there anyway I can take him on a tour and talk to some prisoners? Any information would be great thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 PM

not real sure have you talked with the school counclers? you might contact your local community corrections department and ask them they should be able to help you out or even the police department. I wish you luck in helping him out before he gets into trouble.

My Groom is Home
Old 01-21-2008, 04:54 AM
His*1*and only

My dad's friends son is going to end up in prison if he doesnt slow down as well. He has been in so much trouble and even sent to juvenile once and they called his parents to come and pick him up because he was too much. But I know his father got to take him to the Farm on a tour there and it really didnt do too much to him. But I would try to call them and see if they still offer the program or they may have another answer for you.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM

When my man was at the county (Hendricks) There was a young kid they they actually put him in the block with Mike for a day... He said that the kids father had requested it... I am not sure how he was able to do it... I don't know if the kid was related to some big wig in Hendricks county... but it would be worth a call...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I Come to You in Pieces

They do a form of a "Scared Straight" program in Indiana where they bring at risks youths to a prison and prisoners talk to them. I'd get a hold of a prison in your area and talk to a casework manager. I know for sure they do it at Putnamville... I can't remember what they call it there though. Good luck.

*I love you with everything that I am*

Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildukcat
They do a form of a "Scared Straight" program in Indiana where they bring at risks youths to a prison and prisoners talk to them. I'd get a hold of a prison in your area and talk to a casework manager. I know for sure they do it at Putnamville... I can't remember what they call it there though. Good luck.

Thats what it is called! Thanks! It was driving me nuts!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:00 PM

Last time I checked the "scared straight" program had been discontinued for a couple of very obviously fake reasons. I was told that there was too much liability and that it did not work. Plain truth of the matter based on my experience (ten and a half years inside CIF) is that the program would work but nobody wants to see a decrease in the number of people coming into prison. Another very childish reason is that most guards do not want to see an inmate do something positive or good because it goes against their training that "all inmates are very evil and will hurt you the first opportunity they get." Brainwashed peons who insure job security and more tax dollars.

Last edited by highwaylizard; 03-19-2008 at 02:05 PM..