Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Phones
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Phones Discuss problems, solutions and other issues relating to institutional phone systems here

Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Default Global Tel Link And Verizon

Hi Ladies,

I have regular phone service with Verizon but get the collect through GTL which was MCI. I had a 29 call limit but when he was in keep lock I forgot to pay the bill back in November and Dec. the calls went down to 4 calls. We reached our 4 call limit last week actually we had 5. So when I spoke to a rep at GTL they said I can close out the account with them, call Verizon I have to get a new phone number and tell them I get calls from a facility. I even got another rep there telling me the same thing.

I changed my number with Verizon yesterday. I called the facility gave the lady my number to put on his list and sent him a letter with the new # ...
I called 800-collect and pressed my number and said this number doesnt accept collect calls.

I called Verizon and that person said I didnt have to change my number and they have nothing to do with facility calls but I think global tel link has an agreement with GTL. Do you think I have to do something else? I hear this thing, that thing from 4 different people.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2008, 02:14 PM

Verizon and MCI and AT&T have nothing to do with prison calls anymore. You must go through Global link, set up an account with them and do a prepay of $100.00. Once you do that, you will be able to receive collect calls. But just remember that when the $100.00 is starting to run low, you will want to ask for a remintance slip mailed to you so you can pay your bill before it gets blocked again.
https://www.correctionsgtl.com/ this is the website and the phone number is 800-231-0193. Good Luck!!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:25 PM
1 love....1 God

i have verizon and i still had to get a seperate account with GTL (which is the same as global tel link). i think now they are doing call $$'s not # limits anymore.

I am the author of my life and unfortunatly im writting in pen and cant erase my errors

SAVE A LIFE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Justice is only served when the one whom injustice was done to is satisfied
Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

I just had an account with global tel link and said how do I get my calls back to 29 calls a month ... i had 29 calls a month and they went down to 4 calls because i didnt pay bill during the month.. i then said can i prepay for more calls they said no because in ny they do not have prepay. they really suck.
they told me call verizon i have to close my account with global tel link and get a new number with verizon and i can receive unlimited calls. is this weird. 2 people from global tel told me this
Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Banned

That is such a bunch of crap, when they told you that you cant prepay your calls in NY. I am in NY and they are making me prepay my calls cause they said I went $9.00 over the $100 limit. I am Long Island, NY. They keep telling different lies to different people. I also have verizon and like I said in another post they told me I have to pay Verizon for the collect calls but Verizon which I believe is the one that is telling the truth told me that Global Tel is the one that handle the calls so that is whom I have to pay to get my block removed.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Well I think GTL is a joke , I have been dealing with them for a year now. I had to change my number for other reasons and I called them to have my pre-paid credit transferred to a new number and now when I call it says my local phone company has a block which it can't cause it's a cell phone and they want me fax this and that in, wht is the point on a having a account and a password if you have to close one to open another.. Not to say the least these people are in argintina and can't understand a word coming out of my mouth pretty pisseed right now cause its make no sense.. Its my money just need the credit transferred to my new # GTL is a BIG JOKE

Last edited by TabbyDavis0829; 01-18-2008 at 01:34 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
DKNY44

I Am From Long Island Also My Boyfriend Is In Rikers Now But Will Be Leaving Anyday To Go Up. I Am Stressing Big Time To Get A Phone Provider That Accepts Collect Calls, But Now Am Considering Gtl, Can Someone Explain To Me How This Works Or Any Other Solution Rather Than Get A Whole New Line Istalled.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned

Wink

DKNY the only suggestion I can really suggest to you is to actually get a verizon phone line. You know how you can have up to three numbers or something like that on your verizon phone and the alternate numbers ring different from your regular phone. Well that is my only suggestion or maybe getting optimum voice (which I have for the prepaid calls) and using that line as a prepaid number you have to add funds to your account through credit or debit card or even through Moneygram and Westernunion. I have been doing this for a short time and D I can probably do better than most of those reps. Most of what you maybe looking for you can actually fine in these post on prison phones. God Bless.