Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:30 PM

Default TDCJ - Current Facility = TEMP ASSIGNMENT?!?

Ok so i logged onto the site and did an offender search on my friend to confirm his facility and this is what it says:

Current Facility: TEMP ASSIGNMENT

and at the top it says:

"Temporary Assignment-Bench Warrant-State."

What does this mean???!!!????
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Loving Life Now!!

It means he's been moved to a county on a bench warrant. He must have an outstanding issue in some county..I'm assuming you might know which one? Once it's resolved, he'll be sent back to TDCJ and go back through intake.

Nance
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM

Ok so what do i do about sending him a letter? Should i send it to the facility he has been at for so many years before this happened?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:04 AM

Thanked 4,945 Times in 2,968 Posts

TDC will forwad his mail to him while he is in county but I would try to find out where he is and start sending his mail there until he is back in TDC.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Loving Life Now!!

Robinsman is correct--when my ex was bench-warranted back to Travis County, I sent mail to him there...anything I'd sent to Diboll before I knew he'd been bench-warranted was actually returned to me instead of being held there for him to get back.

Nance
Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Thanked 4,945 Times in 2,968 Posts

Really? Robin went to Angelina county they forwarded all letters that were already en-route to her there and they forwarded all of her magazine subscriptions that were coming to her at Plane, as well. I was pretty sure that forwarding is their policy as long as they are still in custody but I guess it depends upon what the person handling the mail thinks they are supposed to do.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 AM

When I was transfered to Michael, everything was forwarded to me for 6 months, if I didn't take care of the address change with magazines etc., within that time frame, they'd simply start return to sender service. Not sure how it works now, but they forwarded for 6 months back then. (2002-3)

Peace, Dan
Old 01-12-2008, 12:19 PM

During my tour of TDCJ they transfered my mail from unit to unnit but i never got any of my mail when i went to Tarrant county for bench warrant. Use Vinelink to see what county he is in and send the letter directly is your best bet.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Loving Life Now!!

He had been at Duncan Transfer Facility in Diboll only a week before being bench-warranted back to Travis County, so maybe that's why his stuff was returned to me. I don't know. All I know is I ended up putting the letters into a manila envelope and sending them to him at Travis County (Del Valle Correctional Center) so he could see I'd been writing.

Nance
Old 01-12-2008, 05:10 PM

When mine went to county to appear in court they did not forward his mail it was returned to sender.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Waiting for my Cowboy...

so what if I think he may have a warrant but he got an FI 5 and is in his iptc program right now and he hasnt been bench warranted will it go up and call the county attorney. Shoul I call the county attorney and see ? I have a suspition he wrote a check and it went to them for insufficient funds but I know that was over a year ago because he has been in a year now ? Would that be still state or would that be federal and if so do you think they would give him time served ????