Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Default Wyoming Correctional Facility in New York

My boyfriend was just sent to wyoming correctional facility (attica, NY) and I want to visit this weekend. He had odd visiitng days. I have a long drive to get there and was wondering about visitation. Is visiting usually crowed? Do you get to visit the whole time? If any one has any info I would surely appreciate it. I am new to all of this Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 11:46 AM

1/31/08

Dear Tcristy:

My son arrived Wyoming 1/10/08. Travelled from NYC by auto on 1/19/08 with my other son to visit. It's a long ride (6 1/2 - 7 hours) & we stayed over 2 nights, as the trip & visit time are just too long for my body to cooperate.

Pleased to report everything went very smoothly. The people in charge are very pleasant & helpful. Visiting is from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. There are two visiting rooms in case of an overflow. They have food machines & keep filling them up, which I thought was very considerate. Pictures can be taken & purchased @ a nominal charge.

That's about it. I hope you have a safe trip.

Regards,

terri

P.S. Heard about a bus (Corky's @ #917-731-4286) that is supposed to
be very good & they pick up in several locations. I'm going to find
out about this myself. Parole Hearing is 2/13/08, so I don't know
how many more trips I'll have to make at this time.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 AM

hi im trying to get to attica also but to the attica prison which i was told is right down the road from the place you are talking about could someone please help me get there im willin to share the expenses an stuff m coming from upstate NY.. if anyone can help please email me at Personal email address removed per PTO policy please contact member via PM for infomation

Last edited by PBE; 05-09-2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Personal email address posted
Old 05-04-2008, 09:41 PM

My fiance is in Wyoming also I finally took the free bus last sunday to see him. The bus ride was okay when we got there we had to do paperwork, wait for a locker, then they called visitors 5 at time. Finally I got to see him around 10:30 am after arriving at 7:30 am. You have to take your bra off to get i, get your hand stamped and finally go to the visiting room. They assign you a table then you wait for your loved one. I purchased tickets for pics at 1.50 each and the vending machines are high. You can take walks with your loved one outside. My visit was cut short at 1:00 p.m. because whoever lives the closest has to give up their seats to incoming visitors this made me angry. But I enjoyed the visist anyways cause I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Default Terminated Visits at Wyoming

Hey mrseaddy...when they terminated your visit did you inform them that you took the bus? My baby is in Wyoming also and our visit always gets terminated quickly because of how close I live. I know most people who take that bus are coming from the NYC area but they NEVER get their visits terminated. If that happens again I would let the C.O. know you took the bus and see if they'll let you stay. Or even let them know beforehand that you do live close but you took a bus so you can not just go straight home if you get terminated. Hey, it's worth a try
Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Default Wyoming

My bofriend was also just transferred there. I know you are only allowed 3 visitors at a time but if we split the time ---part for his parents part for me and 2 friends would they let us do that tried calling prion not answering.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Default split visits

are allowed. but as always, it doesn't hurt to hear it directly from them. it may also help if you guys showed up at different times, just in case.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 PM

I have a love in Wyoming ,been there seen March ,drive a offen as I can .Gas is high to keep this up !!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:14 PM

My boyfriend is also in Wyoming Correctional and has visits on odd days. i drive all the way from cleveland ohio. um... the wait is a little long to get into the facility so i suggest arriving early as possible. i usually leave around 4am (its a 3 hour drive frome me). Anyway, they have a visitors center where you will be given a number...they wont start calling numbers until 8am. they only call 5 visitors at a time so if you don't get there early you could be waiting for an hour or longer. like the others said your visit can be terminated but usually it;s based on the distance you came. hope this helps
Old 07-13-2008, 03:28 PM

HI MY BROTHER IS IN WYOMING HE HAVE'NT HAD A VISIT HE JUST GOT THERE KNOW ANY BUSES OR VAN SERVICES FROM NYC THANKS.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 PM

Default sure do...

corky's all the way. i used him while i lived in the city last summer. you should be able to get his number on one of the old posts here. he's the best! as far as i know he leaves from manhattan and brooklyn and friday and saturday nights (only if there are enough interested people going up for sunday visits). last year his price was $50 for adults. not sure if it's the same with gas prices going up.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 PM

hi my husband is at wyoming correctional facility also is corkys service a big bus or a little van????? causei hate those vans!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM

a big bus
Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Default iNformation?

[Do you know the number for the free bus to Wyoming Corrctional Facility

quote=mrseaddy2010;3630740]My fiance is in Wyoming also I finally took the free bus last sunday to see him. The bus ride was okay when we got there we had to do paperwork, wait for a locker, then they called visitors 5 at time. Finally I got to see him around 10:30 am after arriving at 7:30 am. You have to take your bra off to get i, get your hand stamped and finally go to the visiting room. They assign you a table then you wait for your loved one. I purchased tickets for pics at 1.50 each and the vending machines are high. You can take walks with your loved one outside. My visit was cut short at 1:00 p.m. because whoever lives the closest has to give up their seats to incoming visitors this made me angry. But I enjoyed the visist anyways cause I LOVE HIM SO MUCH![/quote]
Old 04-06-2009, 10:22 PM

i am trying to go visit my brother in wyoming correctional facility. He has not had a visit since he was moved to that facility. I live in Buffalo NY. If anyone is driving up there or if anyone knows of a bus service i can hook up with please let me know. Also I have family in NYCand they would like to know of any bus/ van services that goes to this facility so if u have any info about that as well please let me know
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 AM

Corkys bus is the best, he now charges $60 for adults and $25 for children, unles they're small and you want to keep them on your lap, then they're free. The visitation policy just changed. Now, regardless of distance traveled or if you took a bus, you can be terminated. It sucks. My husband has been there since May 2007 and we use to be able to visit from about 9:30-10am till 3:30pm. Now, I get like 3 hours with him, it's a horrible change. I have written to the Super Intendent of Wyoming-David Unger. The only way to change this policy is to write letters, so if you're not happy, please please write a quick letter expressing this. It was only changed due to the people who live really close complaining that they were being terminated, even though they can come each weekend, unlike people who live far and have to save their money. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I've been going to Wyoming for about 2 yrs now.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 PM

My husband was recently transferred to Wyoming. I went there to visit for the first time last week and a women there said her husband applied for a 2 day pass because she had to drive so far, so she was able to visit on both Saturday and Sunday. Have you ever heard of that and if so, how far away do you have to live and how do you apply for it?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:47 PM

It does occur, but I'm not sure how far away you have to live. My husband put in a request for friends of ours that live in Delaware and was approved. He had to write the Super for approval. I've seen people that live as far away as Florida and as close as NJ get such privilages. The inmate cannot have any violations and I believe the visitor couldn't have visited within the past three or four months prior to the double visit. You should call the Facility or have your husband speak to his counselor to find out the specifics. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Tre' For This Useful Post:
momma10818 (05-14-2009)
Old 08-17-2009, 11:09 AM
LaDy YuMYuM LoVes BoNeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcristy View Post
My boyfriend was just sent to wyoming correctional facility (attica, NY) and I want to visit this weekend. He had odd visiitng days. I have a long drive to get there and was wondering about visitation. Is visiting usually crowed? Do you get to visit the whole time? If any one has any info I would surely appreciate it. I am new to all of this Thanks

do u still go to visits? i go on odd days as well

Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM
I'M IN HIS CORNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsWifey4Lyfe View Post
The earlier you get there, the more time you have to visit. Its the summer months so its not as crowded because ppl are living their lives and enjoying the weather. The visiting center opens its doors @ 7am. There are usually ppl waiting there to get in like from 6am. I usually get there about 9:30-10am and get in no later than 11 or 11:30. That's when its alot of ppl. Lately we've only had to wait about an hr to get in.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
LaDy YuMYuM LoVes BoNeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthis2gether View Post
The earlier you get there, the more time you have to visit. Its the summer months so its not as crowded because ppl are living their lives and enjoying the weather. The visiting center opens its doors @ 7am. There are usually ppl waiting there to get in like from 6am. I usually get there about 9:30-10am and get in no later than 11 or 11:30. That's when its alot of ppl. Lately we've only had to wait about an hr to get in.

i noticed tho if you get there early and at least the first 30 people that get in; get there visit terminated... i once got there and was lik the 23 person... and they terminated people all way up to lik 20 something.... that was the only time i ever got terminated; i usually get there around 8ish because ihave to leave from work .. i mean i have a 3 hr wait to get back there but i dont usually get terminated; usually am there until early go back; so its just pretty much the luck of the draw

Old 08-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I'M IN HIS CORNER

Quote:
i noticed tho if you get there early and at least the first 30 people that get in; get there visit terminated... i once got there and was lik the 23 person... and they terminated people all way up to lik 20 something.... that was the only time i ever got terminated; i usually get there around 8ish because ihave to leave from work .. i mean i have a 3 hr wait to get back there but i dont usually get terminated; usually am there until early go back; so its just pretty much the luck of the draw

I NEVER have been terminated (knock on wood)...I always get in @ about 10:30 on days I leave early and no later than 12 when I wake up late. I don't worry about getting there SUPER early, either way you go you're going to have to wait
Old 08-19-2009, 03:07 PM
LaDy YuMYuM LoVes BoNeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthis2gether View Post
I NEVER have been terminated (knock on wood)...I always get in @ about 10:30 on days I leave early and no later than 12 when I wake up late. I don't worry about getting there SUPER early, either way you go you're going to have to wait

yeah i use to worry about getting there early... lik i thought it was a good idea to get there early but then i did once and like i said i got terminated but of course it all depends.... but i usually always get there around 8 though.... usually get in around 10:30/ 11.... and then they are in count and chow; but he usually gets there around 11:30 so my waitt is like 3/ 4 hours

Old 11-10-2009, 05:36 PM

I don't understand the odd day thing that keeps being mentioned. Can someone please explain and how do I know what day my husband is allow a visit (odd or even)???

Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM

can anyone fill me in on the package policy when visiting? Can I bring food for him as a package?
Also, what about books? Can I mail him books or does it have to be through an approved vendor (amazon.com)?