Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Formby State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
misshardcopy

Post Marshall Formby Unit to SAFP - Texas State Jail

I am new and just found this site. I hate that so many people are in the same situation I am in, but thankful they can come together. Thank you in advance for taking your time on my behalf. My son was sentenced to 6 months in State Jain and he is in Marshall Formby Unit at Plainview now. Then he was sentenced to 6 months in SAFP. His release date from the Formby unit is March 20th. But they said he would not be released but brought back to the couny jail until a bed is available in SAFP, which could take up to 7 - 9 months. It doesn't seem right that he should spend this extra time in jail, which was not part of his sentence because they don't have a place for him. Has this happened to anyone's elses loved one. I would appreciate any response. Thank you.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM

yes almost everyone going to Safp has a long wait
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 AM

Default New also, was looking for any information on safe P

I understand -

I just found this site a few minutes ago, Ive been looking for any information on safe P, my son was also sentenced to go and was told that it was a 9 month waiting list, I also don't think that is fair. I was told that he would be there atleast 9 months. This is horrible. I don't even know which one he will be going to. Does anyone know how I can get any information on the place itself? He is sitting in Colling County jail right now, and Im in North Carolina. Im having a hard time getting information. Any information would be apprecited.

Thank you.