Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 PM

Question Receiving Phone Calls from Prison to a Cell Phone

My husband is at Old Folsom for a week now. I have a cell phone only; I don’t have a land line (no house phone). My husband was trying to call me for two days but my number is blocked. I know that because one of the ladies here at the forum let me know, our husbands are in the same area at Folsom. I called Global Tell ink and they told me that because of security reasons at Folsom I cannot receive phone calls on my cell phone from Folsom. I have to have a land line. Is that true is anyone has or had similar experience. What can I do? Is there anything I can do to change that? Please help me. Also can the inmates buy phone cards at Folsom? Can they use phone cards to call? Thank You For Any Help I Get!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
**ONE LUV**

Hey girl what i did was get pco, but now i use vonage and no you can't get collect calls fron vonage you then would pre pay through global tel inc..pco is hella expensive like 8.25 a call and gtl is 3.25 a call and i know that i rather pay that with vonage i just pay a montly fee of 14.oo a month for unlimited incoming calls now if you have a high speed connection that's what you would use and with vonage you can pick your own area code like 916 for folsom where your man is at! and when you have ur vonage account set up you forward that number to ur cell phone and call gtl and they will set up ur account for 50.00 dollars it's complicated i know but that's the easiest way to do it! so u don't miss a call if you have anymore questions let me know
Old 12-30-2007, 10:35 PM

MrsMunoz14N,
Thank you for your respone, but I'm not able to get a land line (house phone) where I live. I'm renting a room, and the people that I'm living with right now don't know what is going on in my life right now. So what else you think I can do. How about the phone cards can inmates buy them and use them to call??? Do you know, does anyone know???
Old 12-30-2007, 10:37 PM

i went throw the same thing last week so i got a house phone sucks but gtl u have to have a land line

Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

Only Federal and some county jails use callign cards, California prisons are through GTL.. Like the previous pister said you will have to get a landline or a PCO account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martusia
MrsMunoz14N,
Thank you for your respone, but I'm not able to get a land line (house phone) where I live. I'm renting a room, and the people that I'm living with right now don't know what is going on in my life right now. So what else you think I can do. How about the phone cards can inmates buy them and use them to call??? Do you know, does anyone know???
Old 12-30-2007, 10:40 PM

u might want to call to facilty hes at because if they dont let them call cell phones then no matter what compeny u go though u have to have a land line because i set up the accont with gtl and the they told me i had to have a land line

Old 12-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Hey there,

Sorry that you are having so much trouble with getting your calls. To answer your questions - Inmates in CA state prisons CANNOT use phone cards to call anyone. The only way they are able to call is COLLECT. It sounds like Prison Calls Online (PCO) may be an option for you. Check out their website. It will cost you about $100 to set up the account and you CAN have the calls go directly to your cell phone without any problems. I know this for a fact because this is how PCO set up my account - all I had was a cell phone. There is a $26 per month service charge (unless they've increased it) and you can expect your calls to be around $7-8. You control how often you talk to your husband based on how much money is on your account. You can add money via PayPal (online) anytime you want.

I hope that this was helpful to you. Good luck
Quote:
MrsMunoz14N,

Last edited by TIA4TWO; 12-30-2007 at 10:51 PM..
Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Since you can't get a land line where you're at, then I suggest you go to www.prisoncallsonline.com and get an account with them. The monthly fee is $26 and the calls are $8.25 per 15 minutes... kinda pricey but that sounds like it might be your only option. Good Luck!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Miss us?

Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,131 Posts

Ok this is a great thread. I wonder, we have a land line. What do I need to do in order for his first call to us someday to come thru from State Prison in California? He used to call from county prison with no problem collect.

Do things change in State Prison collect calls to a Land Line? If so, what do we need to do before hand to allow the call to come thru?
member of the rubber band mama club
Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 AM

Call GTL (800-231-0193) to see if your line is blocked or not. They will have you set up an account either way so you can receive collect calls. The prices are fairly reasonable. Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessTheInmates
Ok this is a great thread. I wonder, we have a land line. What do I need to do in order for his first call to us someday to come thru from State Prison in California? He used to call from county prison with no problem collect.

Do things change in State Prison collect calls to a Land Line? If so, what do we need to do before hand to allow the call to come thru?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Miss us?

Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,131 Posts
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel's wifey
Call GTL (800-231-0193) to see if your line is blocked or not. They will have you set up an account either way so you can receive collect calls. The prices are fairly reasonable. Good Luck!!!
Cel's Wifey, Thank you sooo very much for that information.

God Bless You, your Loved One and Your family
member of the rubber band mama club
Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 PM

I just want to say Thank You to everyone who replied to this thread. Without all of you I wouldn’t know how to solve my problem. I was going to write to my husband and tell him that there is no way we can talk on the cell phone. But because of all your help I set up an account today with PCO, and in just about a week I will be able to talk to my husband. Thank you again.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:44 PM

Default See now that's what I'm talking about....

Martusia,

I'm so glad to hear that you found a way to talk to your husband. This is what PTO is all about. Helping each other out and sharing information is what it's all about

Quote:
I just want to say Thank You to everyone who replied to this thread. Without all of you I wouldn’t know how to solve my problem. I was going to write to my husband and tell him that there is no way we can talk on the cell phone. But because of all your help I set up an account today with PCO, and in just about a week I will be able to talk to my husband. Thank you again.