Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 08-03-2002, 01:22 AM

Question parole info ASAP...PLEASE!!

OK. I'll try to make this brief (which s doubtful) so please bare with me. My son, was up before the "board" in early July, his parole eligibility date was 6/13/02. We have sent several "support letters" to the proper persons, and in return we got what I consider a routine standard form letter telling us that they had recieved our letters and that they would be forwarded to the proper channels ( tho we had already cc: copies to them also. Here is my question...my daughter was the last one to send a "support letter" and not only did she recieve a reply from Palestine (Texas), but also from Austin...My point being that below the signature of the gentleman who signed it was the words "Release Processing". Am I to take this as a positive sign?, or is this just to add to the anxiety of the inmates and thier families? He is a first time, non violent offender, who has a good, viable plan for when he is released. I called the Status info line, and the only info I got from them, I already knew...Any additional input would be more than appreciated...May God bless you all, and see you through your, AND your loved ones trying times.... Odiesmom (Carla).......One more thing, he is in Dawson State Jail, which is in Dallas Texas, and I KNOW that the state of Texas CAN and DO make their own guidelines!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2002, 04:52 PM

Carla,
I live about 20 min from Dallas and have been standing beside my husband for 14 years while a product of the TDCJ. I would presonally suggest that you call the "parole" hotline number and ask. If you do not have the number, 512-406-5202. They are open I believe from 8-5p M-F. That is actually called "Inmate parole status line" and they can tell you exactly when to expect an answer and what is going on. They have always been nice to me. I hope this is of some help to you.
Old 08-04-2002, 06:19 PM

Smile Parole...Thank You!

Rubenz, Thank you so much for answering my post. I called last week to the status hotline, I got the number off of a letter my daughter recieved from them regarding her support letter. The lady I talked to was really nice, but I didn't get any new info, she told me that his parole was still under review and that it would take probably another month before we would know anything, and then IF he made parole it would be 30-60 days after that till he was released, and then if he had to do some program it would be longer. We're not getting our hopes up, just gonna wait and see. Again thanks for your reply, and I wish you all the best. I tell you the family members really suffer too! May God bless you and yours...Carla (Odiesmom) =0)
Old 08-05-2002, 07:38 PM
PTO Junkie

Just keep calling them.. They have the main voting for this area out of Gainesville.. there are 3 votes.. Have they seen your son yet???
it inflames the great

Shortie

Old 08-05-2002, 10:55 PM

Default TDCJ Parole

Yes, they talked to him about 4-41/2 weeks ago. He is in Dallas at the Dawson State Jail. That is where they talked to him. They told him he should recieve a answer within 2-8 weeks. I finally got the number last week, called then and talked to a lady who said "he was still under review". Today I called again, got another lady and was told the same thing..."still under review. I've decided that I'll call once a week and see if maybe I'll get lucky and find out more info. I have had several people tell me that he stands a good chance of making his first parole, being that he is a first time, nonaggravated offense. But we both aren't getting our hopes up, I for one can't stand the let down, as the so called "system" here in Bowie County has failed me miserably. I have tried since he was 17(he's now 25) to get him some kind of help, but all I got was the "pass the buck" syndrome, which ended up with NO help what-so-ever!
I'm just ready to get my son home, and to put this part of our lives behind us!! Thanx for caring enough to take the time to respond to my post. God bless...Carla (Odiesmom) =0)