Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Tennessee prisons.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Loving & Missing Ryan

Default Turney Center Industrial Prison

No one has anyone at TCIP?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 AM

Hi,
My son is not at Turney. He is at CBCX. They do not offer the programs he needs there so he is thinking of getting a reclass for Turney or SCCF. CBCX is only 50 minutes from our house. Turney is about 40 minutes and SCCF is about an hour and a half. So all are close. My question is what is it like at Turney? I don't see much on here about the place. Would love to know all you know about it. CBCX is a really good prison. My son is on staff there. He has gained about 25 pounds in the 2 months he has been there. But he also lost 17 in the county. He works, plays basketball, shoots pool, lifts weights everyday, they feed them real good there, the guards are decent, they have A/C, visitation is always good. The guards in the VG are all real nice to us everytime we have been there. My son has not had many problems there. Everyone there just seems to want to do their time and get out. But I need to know what is Turney and SCCF like.
If anyone has any info, I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks so much.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:02 AM

I've not had any personal experience with Turney Center or South Central. I have been to Charles Bass. Just about EVERYONE thinks Charles Bass is the best (other than Special Needs, but that's nearly impossible to get into). It's a shame your son can't stay at CBCX. Chances are, though, if your son hasn't had any trouble there, he won't have trouble at the other places either.

Sorry I can't give more info!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Missing my baby.....

Default my man is a TCIP

My man is TCIP if you want to talk let me know.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:25 AM

My husband hated CBCX. Too much chaos, and alot of first time inmates who don't know the politics of prison life. He had been to SCCF previously and made a special request to be sent back there. There are lots of gangs there, but also alot of older guys who are not trouble makers. He is doing well there. Not as well as if he were out in the free world, but he is not getting in any trouble, not getting beat up, he is eating very well, the staff is very helpful and friendly.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:28 PM

chris is at turney center !
Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 PM

My man is at the Turney Center. He's been there for a few years now.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdreamATM View Post
My husband hated CBCX. Too much chaos, and alot of first time inmates who don't know the politics of prison life. He had been to SCCF previously and made a special request to be sent back there. There are lots of gangs there, but also alot of older guys who are not trouble makers. He is doing well there. Not as well as if he were out in the free world, but he is not getting in any trouble, not getting beat up, he is eating very well, the staff is very helpful and friendly.

How did your man get transfered My husband is at Turney center and we are trying to get him moved.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:52 PM

Does anyone know how to get someone moved.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Triscuiter Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLE001 View Post
Does anyone know how to get someone moved.
Have they been there a minimum of 18 months?

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSweatpea View Post
No one has anyone at TCIP?

I do. My boyfriend is there... has been for the last 6.5 yrs.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM

Hubby's counselor wanted to send him to Turney Center and he said H#*LLLLL NO!! So I made phone call after phone call, letters to commissioner, warden, assistant commissioner and classification coordinator at both Riverbend and South Central.. til finally one day he got called to the counselor and told he was going to go to Riverbend. So I think when you bug the crap out of them enough, they will make a move. It depends, of course, on if they have open beds in the facility. I got sick and tired of calling but he did NOT want to go to Turney, he wanted to come back to Nashville. Good Luck !!!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdreamATM View Post
Hubby's counselor wanted to send him to Turney Center and he said H#*LLLLL NO!! So I made phone call after phone call, letters to commissioner, warden, assistant commissioner and classification coordinator at both Riverbend and South Central.. til finally one day he got called to the counselor and told he was going to go to Riverbend. So I think when you bug the crap out of them enough, they will make a move. It depends, of course, on if they have open beds in the facility. I got sick and tired of calling but he did NOT want to go to Turney, he wanted to come back to Nashville. Good Luck !!!

You are very lucky! They are so dirty there. My bf was just falsley accused of things there he didn't do (I know because we had evidence he didn't), so his chance to come home next month, his good days, everything gone b/c of that place! He has now been moved to Riverbend and is on max for a year for nothing! No contact-nothing!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Triscuiter Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrokenmom1 View Post
Hi,
My son is not at Turney. He is at CBCX. They do not offer the programs he needs there so he is thinking of getting a reclass for Turney or SCCF. CBCX is only 50 minutes from our house. Turney is about 40 minutes and SCCF is about an hour and a half. So all are close. My question is what is it like at Turney? I don't see much on here about the place. Would love to know all you know about it. CBCX is a really good prison. My son is on staff there. He has gained about 25 pounds in the 2 months he has been there. But he also lost 17 in the county. He works, plays basketball, shoots pool, lifts weights everyday, they feed them real good there, the guards are decent, they have A/C, visitation is always good. The guards in the VG are all real nice to us everytime we have been there. My son has not had many problems there. Everyone there just seems to want to do their time and get out. But I need to know what is Turney and SCCF like.
If anyone has any info, I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks so much.

You know what I just realized? I was a guard when this post was made!!!! Woohoo! I was one of the decent guards. LOL (just ask hubby)
Hmmmm....I bet I worked in the guild where her son was housed because i worked staff guilds for overtime.

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM

Hi, My brother is about to be sent there and I have not heard anything about it could you tell me about it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by His #1 Fan View Post
My man is TCIP if you want to talk let me know.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 PM

Default turney center

My man is at turney center an he really likes it. He said the only problem is they keep you locked up all the time you never get out of your cell. The staff are really nice and the visits are all day. I've been going there for 2 years and havent had any problems.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:12 AM

Maybe it has changed over the years, but i've always heard bad things about Turney. My hubby did tell me that yes, they do stay locked up all day every day except when visiting. He doesn't know why anyone would want to go !!!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 AM

When my fiance was there (up until November 2009) they were not locked up all day. He really didn't like it there though. He said it was a very negative place and the worst prison he has been to. But the visitation was awesome!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro View Post
You are very lucky! They are so dirty there. My bf was just falsley accused of things there he didn't do (I know because we had evidence he didn't), so his chance to come home next month, his good days, everything gone b/c of that place! He has now been moved to Riverbend and is on max for a year for nothing! No contact-nothing!

Yes that is so true they did not have anything on him. and the messed up part is that the people that it was nthn happened to them. Good luck to you and him.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms cmglass View Post
My man is at turney center an he really likes it. He said the only problem is they keep you locked up all the time you never get out of your cell. The staff are really nice and the visits are all day. I've been going there for 2 years and havent had any problems.

It has gotten a lil better they are starting to let them out a lil more now that they have a new warden. My Husband is there and he is ready to be moved. Good luck to your man if he likes it. as long as he stays out of trouble he will do ok there.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 PM

My fiance is at Turney Center