Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona CCA Prisons Housing Out of State Inmates > Other CCA Prisons in Arizona
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other CCA Prisons in Arizona Topics and discussion specific to other private CCA prisons in Arizona housing out of state inmates: Central Arizona Detention Center (Florence), Eloy Detention Center (Eloy), Florence Correctional Center (Florence), & Saguaro Correctional Center (Eloy). (Please visit the La Palma or Red Rock subforums for discussion and information on those CCA prisons.)

Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
CJ's Mom

Default Saguaro Correctional Center Q&A

I've been to Saguaro facility every weekend now since my son has been transferred from Tallahatchie. If you have any questions re: where to stay, etc., pm me....

HurtingMom
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Account Closed

Casa Grande would be a good place to stay, it is not far, maybe about 20 min away. FYI: Map Quest does not give good driving directions. You are welcome to message me, if you need help getting directions.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Arizona prison tours (for Saguaro Correctional Facility)

My husband is in Saguaro correctional facility in arizona. He was transferred from Hawaii a few months ago. Recently there were news reports regarding touring of the prison facilities by the hawaii senate. Does anyone know where i might be able to view these news reports etc.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Default Need info

Hi there......I am preparing for my first visit to Saguaro and need any information you can provide! What to wear (or not wear), how strict is the facility, do's/don'ts, etc. Thanks so much!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtingMom View Post
I've been to Saguaro facility every weekend now since my son has been transferred from Tallahatchie. If you have any questions re: where to stay, etc., pm me....

HurtingMom
Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Default Help me!

Quote:

HurtingMom
Aloha from Hawaii,
I am flying up there next month and i was wondering if you know where is cheap motel's or inn's to stay that are close to Saguaro Facility? This is my first visit and my first contact visit in 13 years! Please help me!\\

Mahalo
Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 PM

Default Thinking about visiting my son in Saguaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles52Smiley View Post
Aloha from Hawaii,
I am flying up there next month and i was wondering if you know where is cheap motel's or inn's to stay that are close to Saguaro Facility? This is my first visit and my first contact visit in 13 years! Please help me!\\

Mahalo
Aloha to you,
I recently joined here on PT and was reading your post, I see you are in Hawaii as well? Anyways im wondering if you have made your visit yet to the Saguaro facility? Im also thinking about going to visit my son? Never been to a facility yet to visit!
Mahalo!!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Default Thinking about visiting my son in Saguaro?

Quote:

HurtingMom
Aloha to you,
Im thinking about visiting my son in Sagauaro, im in Hawaii and this would be a 1st for me. Any input would be helpful....& appreciated 4 sure.

Mahalo for your time,
Hawaii Mom~
Old 08-24-2009, 01:52 PM

I found info of lawmakers making a visit to "Saguaro" on the internet, also "New Hope Ministries" keeps in touch with our prisoners from Hawaii. (if im not mistaken) I have read where they have gone to the prison to minister the word at Saguaro!
Hawaii Mom~
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 PM

Default Is there a cheaper phone company than IC Solutions for Saguaro?

is there only one phone system that you can use to talk to your loved ones at Saguaro.. HELP !!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Mrs R Castro

Quote:

HurtingMom
hi can you please send me any info on saguaro my husbands name is Richard Castro and he was sent there june of 2007
Old 09-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Forever His ♥
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,249 Times in 2,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richchrs View Post
hi can you please send me any info on saguaro my husbands name is Richard Castro and he was sent there june of 2007
I don't have any info. on the facility, but here's a link to the Saguaro Correctional Center website.

http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility/1/
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:

HurtingMom
Aloha, I am new here, my son was just sent to saguaro 2 weeks ago, from Halawa on O'ahu,via Maui. I am looking for any information I can find. I want to visit, I hear visitation is a lot easier on the mainland? could you help with where 2 stay etc. How long is visitation, I am still looking for a phone # and address, if you have that. Many Mahalos.
PS> is it still only Hawaiian inmates in Saguaro? I also hear there is video visits, do you know anything about that? Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayfaithlove View Post
is there only one phone system that you can use to talk to your loved ones at Saguaro.. HELP !!!!!
I had an account with IC Solutions when my son was in prison and I was VERY happy with them. I got a virtual number close to the prison and IC Solutions let me set up an account for that number, so the calls were very reasonable. (I have Vonage as my phone service.) From what I've heard it's very difficult to set up an account with other prison phone services using a virtual number so I was really happy. My phone calls went from over $20 (don't remember now but think almost $25 with taxes) to just around $4 for a 15 minute call.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 PM

Default Lockdown at Saguaro Prison

I understand Saguaro Prison is in lockdown. I can't find any recent news articles other than a few from two weeks or so ago. I have a friend who's son is there, she hasn't heard from him in over 2 weeks and is worried sick. She tells me no phone calls are allowed, no visits, no tv, no library, no showers, no commissary, no rec time, and all meals are consisting of bologna sandwiches. Does anyone have any news or updated status reports? Thank you.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom&pop View Post
I understand Saguaro Prison is in lockdown. I can't find any recent news articles other than a few from two weeks or so ago. I have a friend who's son is there, she hasn't heard from him in over 2 weeks and is worried sick. She tells me no phone calls are allowed, no visits, no tv, no library, no showers, no commissary, no rec time, and all meals are consisting of bologna sandwiches. Does anyone have any news or updated status reports? Thank you.
A friend of mine is at Saguaro as well....I got two letters from him this week, both saying they were in lockdown and all they got to eat were bologna sanwiches and a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Though, the only difference between these letters and the others is they took about a week longer to get here. Not sure if that is directly related to the lockdown or if it was just the mail service being slow.

There is also a story on the msnbc website about a fight that broke out at the end of July, causing the lockdown. I am assuming they just haven't ended it yet.

Hope any of this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to NursejO For This Useful Post:
mom&pop (08-26-2010)
Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsmominNY View Post
I had an account with IC Solutions when my son was in prison and I was VERY happy with them. I got a virtual number close to the prison and IC Solutions let me set up an account for that number, so the calls were very reasonable. (I have Vonage as my phone service.) From what I've heard it's very difficult to set up an account with other prison phone services using a virtual number so I was really happy. My phone calls went from over $20 (don't remember now but think almost $25 with taxes) to just around $4 for a 15 minute call.
Hello I am trying to find some information on the lockdown at Saguaro. A good friend has a son recently transferred there and she hasn't heard from him in over 2 weeks, last time she talked to him he'd told her about the incident with the gang members beating a guard and the subsequent lockdown with all privileges revoked..including phone and visitation. Do you know what the status is currently? I would appreciate any info I can pass on to her. Thanks so much.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Default Lockdown status

Quote:
Hello I am trying to find some information on the lockdown at Saguaro. A good friend has a son recently transferred there and she hasn't heard from him in over 2 weeks, last time she talked to him he'd told her about the incident with the gang members beating a guard and the subsequent lockdown with all privileges revoked..including phone and visitation. Do you know what the status is currently? I would appreciate any info I can pass on to her. Thanks so much.

Hi,
The last I heard from my son was that hopefully the lock down will be lifted sometime in the beginning of September.I hope this helps
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 PM

Default Lockdown

Quote:

Lockdown should be ending soon according to my son maybe the beginning of September.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richchrs View Post
According to the information I have on RICHARD HALIPO CASTRO He is still in saguaro.Scheduled Release date 2/25/2015.
What sort of information do you need??

Kaleka
Old 09-23-2010, 01:42 PM

Does anyone happen to know the rules on sending things such as cards? I know they're allowed to receive letters and up to 5 non-polaroid pictures, but that's about it. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayfaithlove View Post
There is a phone service via "cons calling home" 1-888-524-6151. It really cuts the cost of phone calls. Theres also a website.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 AM

Default Best deal on phone service

The best service for calls is "cons calling home" phone service. You still need to have money in IC Solutions only for the initial connection of each call @$1.30 per 20min call. But "cons calling home" is a monthly bill of about $30 per month for 300mins/ and $13 for each addtional 300 mins youd like to add on throughout the month, also any unused minutes roll over to the next month. They assign a local number to either your cell or home phone and it drastically cuts your cost. For info on this service call 1-888-524-6151. My boyfriend and i have used this service for over a year and its so much more affordable than any other service we've tried.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:22 AM

Default Hawaii families can schedule a video visits to see loved ones at suaro

Not many people know, but there is a great opportunity for families to see their loved ones at suaro via video visits. 1-808-837-8022 or 1-808-837-8020, call to schedule a visit. Calls to schedule can only be made on tuesdays and wednesdays 8am-1pm. Visits are every first saturday of each month. Not everyone can afford to fly up to arizone for a visit, this is a great alternative.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 PM

I found on the Walkenhorst website that one of the things you can choose to send to Saguaro is a strip of 20 'Forever' stamps. However, as far as I know, you can't send stamps at all to Saguaro. Anyone know if the stamps sent by Walkenhorst's will be let in? Or will they just be thrown out?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:36 AM

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorda5 View Post
Casa Grande would be a good place to stay, it is not far, maybe about 20 min away. FYI: Map Quest does not give good driving directions. You are welcome to message me, if you need help getting directions.
im going see my man over there hows the dress code?????