Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prisons & Jails > Eastern Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (ERDCC) - Missouri
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Eastern Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (ERDCC) - Missouri Topics and discussion specific to Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (ERDCC) in Bonne Terre, Missouri.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM

Red face Visiting at Eastern Reception Diagnostic & Correctional Center in Missouri

Tomorrow is my first time visting erdcc and i am sooo nervous. Anyone know what i can expect at the facility??
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 08:42 PM

i posted a pretty in depth post about going to erdcc. back in around 10/06. either ck thru my profile or type in erdcc in the search...

and he's not leaving!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

Just reminiscing back to my 1st visit - I was so worried that they where going to strip search me and make me bend over and cough --- I sat in my car for over ½ the visit scared to walk in the place because it looked so horrible --- These new prisons are nothing like the old ones --- I worry about the dumbest things
Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

I am also hoping to go to ERDCC tomorrow for the first time. I was just told today that I was approved. Do I have to set up an appointment time or anything? Do I just show up? Do I have to call someone today to get it arranged? I am only in town for 2 days, so if there is anyway to get in tomorrow it would be great!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Donation Award 

If you are approved...just show up I believe. He is in general population, correct? Not reception?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned

Here is the information that I pulled from the MODOC site. I would call them in the morning to confirm visiting times or maybe someone from this site will confirm them before the morning!! Have a GREAT visit!!

VISITING HOURS
THURSDAY
9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.

FRIDAY
3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

SATURDAY
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m - 8:00 P.M

SUNDAY
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center
(C-4 & C-5 male)
2727 Hwy K
Bonne Terre, Mo. 63628
573-358-5516

Last edited by mjd; 11-01-2007 at 05:03 PM..
Old 11-01-2007, 05:29 PM

Default erdcc visit

well just got done with my 1st visit, made the metal detector go off twice but it was just the button on my pants, and had to take off my shoes you have to show id alot but it was good. Wasnt too crowed, visitors arent allowed to get up out of there sits unless its to use the bathroom then a co has to unlock it for you. Its good though im glad i went it was good for us both. Got to hold hands and got some good hugs and kisses. He should be home in a few weeks, im just glad i dont have to go back there, it was a 3 hour drive both ways on the worst roads every. Well worth it though.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Yella's wife

hi all....if you have any questions about ERDCC please feel free to ask me my husband has been there for a year now...pm or ask me here. I dont mind at all
Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 AM

Glad your visit went well. I am going to call after 0800 and make sure everything is set up for the visit. He seems to think I just show up, but I will be his first visitor. He is still in R and O he hasn't made it to General Population yet. I am a bit nervous as this is my first time for this. What are you allowed to wear?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:05 AM

as i recall, i thought i had to show up between a certain time slot. call there and they will tell you. now this was only in R & O... where conservative clothes. i wore jeans and a sweater. make sure your shirt is long enough that it can be either tucked in or will for sure not rise up in the back. your back side is towards the general visiting room and if they see you skin you may get your visit ended. make sure your shirts not low cut in the front either. a rounded neck or high collar will be fine.

and he's not leaving!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 PM

Thanks everyone for all your information! I was able to go visit this afternoon and it was wonderful! I also set off the metal detector but for my bra! I had to walk thru with my arms folded across my chest and then I made it with out beeping. Go figure! Well, it was wonderful to see his smiling face. Thanks again everyone for the information and the support!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:13 PM

i wouldnt worry.remember they cant break the law just like you cant.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:26 AM

My first visit i was just hoping my cigarettes would still be hidden in the bushes where i put them when i got out. Marian
Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 PM

Question MY Nephew

I just got a call from my nephew and he was moved there for a few months then move back to Farminton correctional and I don't under why they keep moving him. He tried for a 120 and was not granted. I don't know how to send money or get a visiting paper to get to see him. Can you help me? my e-mail is keriinks@gmail.com or i have facebook keri manthe or kapplebee@cox.net.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:00 AM

Default Erdcc

Hi Keri.
I am pretty new to this and landed here frantically looking for information. I dont know much but maybe I can help a little.
My son is incarcerated at ERDCC now and this weekend I hope to make my first visit. As for why they are moving your nephew, I don't have a clue. I have found the easiest way to send money is to use JPAY with a Moneygram Express form. Anywhere you can wire money should have the forms. I use the Money Center at my local Wal-Mart. It's a $6 fee to send it and my son sees the money on his account in less than a couple of days. You will need his inmate number, and the merchant should have the receive code. Just tell them you want to send a Jpay and they will likely help you get through the form. Also, Ty had to mail us the visiting forms. Your nephew should be able to get them from his caseworker, and once you are approved it is his responsibility to let you know. Hope this helps!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Donation Award 

After my guy sent me forms to be approved for visiting I filled them out and mailed them to the prison. A week later I just couldn't wait to hear so I called the prison and they told me I was approved. I knew I was approved before my guy knew I was approved, so I started packing and getting ready to go ( I stayed overnight in a Motel 6 that one time because I wanted to be sure to be on time...etc..etc. It's a 6 hour drive round trip for me.) After my guy sent me deposit slips to be filled out and mailed to Jeff City along with a money order I started using that method of putting money on his books. It works nicely, only takes about 3 days for the money to get on his books, and 49¢ is all I pay at a Shell Service station for a money order.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Thanks to all that have posted about their first visits to ERDCC. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow and knowing what to expect because of your posts has helped calm my nerves somewhat.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 PM

Smile

Thanks to all that have posted about their first visits to ERDCC. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow and knowing what to expect because of your posts has helped calm my nerves somewhat.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM