Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jails > Arizona State Prison Complex - Phoenix
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona State Prison Complex - Phoenix Topics and discussion specific to ASPC - Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
He'll be home 2/6/2008

Default ASPC-PHX ALHAMBRA Mail

My husband was sent there on the 25th of this month and I heard that I can't get hone calls or visits, but he can write me. Is that true? And if so, when will I get a letter. I can't bear not knowing whats going on with him. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 PM

Default visits and calls

Sheree,
Sadly that is true. He will not be able to call you nor can you visit him. If you haven't gotten a letter from him yet,you will soon, I'm sure. He should not be there terribly long, maybe a week or two. As soon as he gets sent to a correctional facility he will need to send you an application to get on his visitation and call list. It is suppose to take a month to get your application approved. Sometimes it takes them longer. For a while it will be just letters that you can receive and send.This will be a long wait for both of you. Hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Donation Award 

Sheree, You can write him at Alhambra. The address is:
ASPC-Phoenix
Alhambra Reception Center
Inmate Name
P.O. Box 52109
Phoenix, AZ 85072

If he gets moved to the yard before your letter gets there, they will forward it to the yard within a week or so. When he gets to the yard, his counselor will call you and let you know where he is and how he is doing. Your husband will be right there when he calls, so you could tell the counselor a message for your husband. Then make sure that he gets that visitation form in the mail to you. Then stay persistant, but nice, to the visitation department at the yard he is at. And don't forget that you husband will have to fill out a phone request form AFTER you get approved for visitation. Then you will get calls about 5 days after that. Let me know if you need any help - I just got through this process and I will help you through it all I can!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1031 For This Useful Post:
kj92363 (12-14-2010), Prdmex (07-06-2009)
Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
He'll be home 2/6/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1031
ASPC-Phoenix
Inmate Name
P.O. Box 52109
Phoenix, AZ 85072

If he gets moved to the yard before your letter gets there, they will forward it to the yard within a week or so. When he gets to the yard, his counselor will call you and let you know where he is and how he is doing. Your husband will be right there when he calls, so you could tell the counselor a message for your husband. Then make sure that he gets that visitation form in the mail to you. Then stay persistant, but nice, to the visitation department at the yard he is at. And don't forget that you husband will have to fill out a phone request form AFTER you get approved for visitation. Then you will get calls about 5 days after that. Let me know if you need any help - I just got through this process and I will help you through it all I can!!
Thank you so much. I have never felt so scared in my life. I hate not knowing what's going on with him. Do I need his DOC number on the letter, or just his full name?

Thanks again.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
He'll be home 2/6/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas too
Sheree,
Sadly that is true. He will not be able to call you nor can you visit him. If you haven't gotten a letter from him yet,you will soon, I'm sure. He should not be there terribly long, maybe a week or two. As soon as he gets sent to a correctional facility he will need to send you an application to get on his visitation and call list. It is suppose to take a month to get your application approved. Sometimes it takes them longer. For a while it will be just letters that you can receive and send.This will be a long wait for both of you. Hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks you too.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Donation Award 

If you know his DOC # then put it on there. When my boyfriend was there, he was a first timer and did not have a number yet. Ask me any other questions, and I will answer with what I have learned. Good Luck!!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:39 PM

yes always put ALL his info on the letters...some units will return mail even if you abbreviate Arizona State Prison Complex = ASPC..

Hope fully all works out for you..
Old 11-12-2010, 12:01 PM

My Best friend is in Alhambra since Nov. 10th, i would like to know how long it takes to be there before to be transfer to the prison and I would like to know if he can get letters. Thank you.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 PM
A Loving Mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1031 View Post
ASPC-Phoenix
Inmate Name
P.O. Box 52109
Phoenix, AZ 85072

Oh what a blessing you are..... Now that I have read this I feel I have calmed some of the unkowns
Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 AM
A Loving Mom.

They took my son this morning...... So hes starting his journey now.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 AM
drea

I wonder what happens in this place, my husband can't even talk about it his eyes just fills up with tears, he was there only for a week, makes me so sad
Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 PM

Default Questions about Alhambra

Hi, my boyfriend got transferred to Alhambra on Tuesday and I haven't recieved any letter from him. I know it takes a while but does any one know the average days it takes?. Um also does any one know what happens in there... I mean will my boyfriend be okay... I also applied online the visitation form I submitted it and when I went to western union to pay for the background check , the clerk couldn't find the info on the system so I couldn't pay, does any one know why it didn't show , and if the application will follow him to the prison he will be staying at... Please and thank you

Last edited by M+C4ever; 11-30-2012 at 10:29 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Waiting for my MAN

Hi guys.. I have a question about the mail we can send to Alhambra... I know in 4th ave we could only send post cards. They couldnt have any color or pics on the front, no colored ink, no perfume or anything.. I know its different in prison. I just wrote him a letter and was wondering if I could spray it or not?! Anyone know the rules?! I feel so lost. Ive never dealt with this before. Hes been in prison before, but it was before I met him
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM

They can send you mail FROM Alhambra, but cannot have any incoming mail at all..it's a reception center & they don't allow mail because inmates aren't there very long...you'll have to wait until he hits a yard. then you can mail long letters send pics, spray the letters, kiss them etc.