Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

NORTH CAROLINA Topics and conversations dealing with the State of North Carolina - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
No Longer His Prisoner

Default AWDW Plea?

Hey guys!

I am just curious as to if any of you know what AWDW on a gov't official could be plead down to? Nate's pd (the @$$) won't talk to me. So, I want to see if any of you guys know. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
getting close!

What class felony is that? It generally gets bumped down a couple of classes. So, if it's a Class C felony, he could get down to anywhere from an E to G Felony. The wording, for THIS point, doesn't matter. Just the Class 'casue that's who they'll sentence him.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
No Longer His Prisoner

It's an F. Right now, for his points, the presumtive range for a class F is 31-39 months. With a min of 23 and max of 49. I just wonder if the pd will try to get it for a lesser charge AND run it concurrent to the new sentence which is concurrent with his parole violation. What he told Nate's pd in another county was that he was going to try to get a plea to run concurrent but he'd probably have to wait for a new judge in Jan. He had court yesterday but of course I can't talk to him. I'm just waiting on a letter at this point. GRRR, I hate it that the pd won't talk to me. The other did...she was awesome!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 PM
getting close!

Shoot...an F could get down to a misdemeanor. Depends on how cool the ADA is. The kicker WOULD be getting it run concurrent to his other...which is probable. Most of my hon's charges are concurrent to each other. The only reason the "last" two weren't is because he did a tricky deal to avoid probation when he's out and the other was because the judge was pissy that day. That one could have been concurrent, too, but human nature rears it's head!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
No Longer His Prisoner

Ok, that makes me feel better. I was freakin myself out thinking ok he's got 16 months, plus a possible 49 consecutive!!! I was preparing for the worst! Thanks girl, you always got me!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:45 AM
getting close!

With this stuff, it's always best to prepare for the worst and be ECSTATIC when you don't get it. My hon was facing 10 for his most serious charge plus a possible habitual to add possibly another 20. We walked away with 4 years TOTAL...21-26 for the biggest and last (which we're on now--YAY! ). Don't sweat it TOO much.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:55 AM
No Longer His Prisoner

Thanks girl. I'm trying!