Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Ohio Prison Profiles Post information and profiles for Ohio prisons here!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Newcomer

My daughter is in getting ready to be transferred to ORW and I'm interested in any information that I can relay to her that will make her entry easier. Anything!?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2007, 01:57 PM

Default ORW - What to expect

Well, "HALE" or admissions (the first thirty days) is the worst. Be ready to not hear from her for about 7-10 days....it takes a while to get the phone pin number they assign you so she can call out. Send her envelopes (Embossed ones from the post office, they are 50 cents each), three env. per letter, as well as three pics per letter (no bigger than 5x7s). You can send her money, they are very picky about how the money order is filled out, have her send you the handout they give her. The rules change constantly there....the only constant thing is change. It's a traumatic experience, just be there to listen and support her. I just did 6 1/2 months, I am out on Judicial release, if you have questions, just ask.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twingirls05 For This Useful Post:
anjel_cara (03-26-2012), chrissy64 (12-01-2008), lmma (05-11-2008), tiredntrue1 (03-14-2009)
Old 10-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

My niece and sister-in-law are both there and I have to do things different all the time. Just keep up on the rules.
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 PM

My Ex Wife is in there and I worry like hell about her. PLEASE NO ONE HURT HER...
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Hello riecan1. Welcome to PTO and the Ohio forum. I will get a PM to you.
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
Old 05-11-2008, 06:15 PM

Newcomer 2
My daughter was just transferred there 3 days ago, I have no information about her, have not heard from her, and have no idea what to expect, or where to get information from, anyone that can guide us, we will be very thankful.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Former Prisoner

Imma I was in Marysville for 3 years before being moved to NEPRC in Cleveland. I still have friend in Marysville so when she calls I can ask her things to get me up to date.
First she (your daughter) is in Hale (a huge dorm) for admissions here they do educational testing and medical clearance on you as well as classify you to a security status once all of that is done she will be either moved to population or another institution this can take 40 days to almost 3 mos.
It will take a week for her number to be added to the phone system and your number put on her allowed list I am not sure how it works when you first go in but I get automated calls asking if my friends can add me to their approved calling lists.
You will need birth certifcates copied to get on her approved visiting list. You can keep keeping the odrc offender search website to get her # so You can write to her.
It could be as long as ten days before you hear from her. Please ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them if I don't know the answer I will try to find it.
You and you family are in my prayers.

Last edited by Vinedyta; 05-21-2008 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: spelling and forgot to add info
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vinedyta For This Useful Post:
anjel_cara (03-26-2012), bett59 (08-20-2008), MsChiku (05-21-2008), piphsmom (08-05-2010), Remorseful1 (08-11-2008)
Old 08-11-2008, 07:11 PM

Vinedyta,

Your posts have been most helpful in preparing me for what could possibly be my fate. I read something about a person being "chronic care". Can you tell me more about this? I have the feeling I would be classified as chronic care. I am on SSDI for "multiple chronic diseases".
Old 08-20-2008, 12:43 AM

Default daughtes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsMom View Post
My daughter is in getting ready to be transferred to ORW and I'm interested in any information that I can relay to her that will make her entry easier. Anything!?
my daughter was sent there too, a few weeks ago, i sit most of night thing of her.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinedyta View Post
Imma I was in Marysville for 3 years before being moved to NEPRC in Cleveland. I still have friend in Marysville so when she calls I can ask her things to get me up to date.
First she (your daughter) is in Hale (a huge dorm) for admissions here they do educational testing and medical clearance on you as well as classify you to a security status once all of that is done she will be either moved to population or another institution this can take 40 days to almost 3 mos.
It will take a week for her number to be added to the phone system and your number put on her allowed list I am not sure how it works when you first go in but I get automated calls asking if my friends can add me to their approved calling lists.
You will need birth certifcates copied to get on her approved visiting list. You can keep keeping the odrc offender search website to get her # so You can write to her.
It could be as long as ten days before you hear from her. Please ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer them if I don't know the answer I will try to find it.
You and you family are in my prayers.
Hello, my daughter is in marlysvi,lle....i was looking at pic. evey night first the pic of her was gone from drc inmate search, next day couldnt find any thing on her. do yu know whats up? thank youi,it was the only way i could see her.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM

my wife's picture online did the same thing. she would be there one day, and gone the next. it always said "incarcerated", but her pic would be gone. she had come back here to the county for a couple of days for a court appearance, so i don't know if that had something to do with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamtrainguy For This Useful Post:
bett59 (10-02-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 PM

shes there , she no appointments any wher else but it said some thing about over use of this site...yu mean they know every time i clicked on. i had in saved.. i tried to start a new but cant get it... i wonder about the right to privacy, got any thing to do with it?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM

Question visiting at NEPRC

Can anyone tell me how the visiting works there?
We haven't been there before and just got approved for a visit with our daughter. How early do we need to go? What are you able to do during visit? Can my husband go out to smoke and come back in? We heard something about taking money for vending machines. Anything will be helpful.
Thanks, Cindy
Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM

Default Neprc

We went for the visit so got all my answers! lol
Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM

can someone help me? I don't know if I'm at the right place. My daughter is going to Marysville in a couple of day (transported from county jail). After reading this page I know kind of what to expect. It's worse than I had imagined, I think. My daughter is tiny and delicate. I hope she doesn't get hurt Where do I find her picture? I couldn't understand the "initials" used to describe the location/webpage.

I found the webpage. She is not in prison (only county jail) so I guess she is not on the site yet. How will I get her number? Do I call the prison?

Last edited by DebD123; 11-04-2008 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Once your daughter leaves county you should check the Ohio corrections website. In a few days she should be listed then you will see her inmate number and info about her out date and her picture.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Hale isn't Hale anymore. Pink world is in Hale. Now admissions is in MCC. You don't leave there for anything other than to eat. Both Shirley's are open and when I left about 2 weeks ago they were said to be ready to open Rogers 1. Rogers 2 has been open. Washington was condemned and finally closed with the lifers being phased into Shirley 2. It was "interesting" to say the least. You are right about the only constant is change though.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Banned

Thanked 8,633 Times in 2,107 Posts

LOL You are so right about them changing things all the time. They make me crazy with as many times as they have moved my daughter in there. Now they are separating the pink shirts by age.... Juvies are in C- corridor and others are ( or used to be) in Hale. Everytime my daughter calls she is being moved somewhere else. Now that she has gotten a new level she will be moved again and when she gets her green collar then once again.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:45 PM

First of all tell her to be ready to wait in line a lot. The first 30 - 45 days are the worst. She will be in MCC, which is admissions. It is very strict in admissions. Some of the COs are great, others, well not so great. In MCC she will meet Mr. Geeter, Ms. Dunbar and Mr. Large, to name a few. Dunbar and Large were my favorites. They were tough but fair. The first days are hard, scary and lonely. She will go from appointment to appointment. Tell her don't talk in the med line and just go with the flow. Once she gets out in general pop it will be much easier. How long is her sentence?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:47 PM

I was a green shirt. After I got popped out of Admissions I called my mom and told her I felt like a girl scout that had just been through a flying up ceremony from Brownies to Juniors. LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Banned

Hi the12blame,
I am not if your question is directed towards me however my daughter is a pink collar right now. She has been there for almost 8 months now. She is a lifer. She tells me it takes a while to adjust but she is also 19 so she is being housed separtly fromt he older inmates too. We are hoping that late summer she can get her green collar which i think will help her tremendously. She only spent about 12 days in admissions and then "popped"out into the " pink wolrd" ( LOL Sorry these names crack me up sometimes!)
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 AM

When was your daughter in admissions? She may have been one of those we grumbled about getting out so quickly! LOL I have heard that pink world is "off the chain" but since she is housed separately it may be better for her. Green world will definitely be a relaxing change for her. Just to be able to go outside when the yard is open makes a difference. Even if you don't actually go it feels better knowing that you can go. Green world is fairly relaxed with most people getting along well. It's big enough you can avoid those you don't like.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

Ummmm I am guessing she would of been in admissions the end of September???? She tells me all the time the "pink world" is crazy. LOL She says it is better now that they have separated the younger ones and all she has a little more peace but we will see how long that lasts. Her and my foster daughter went in a weel apart and both are lifers both housed together. Neither one of them spent more than a week or so in admissions. I was told it would be thirty days too but when she got there i believe it was right about the 10th day they were moved.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:03 PM

I will most likely be sent to Marysville pretty soon. Is there anyone on here that has been to Marysville? I have alot of questions and need alot of help and advice. I am scared to death and dont want this to consume me for the next 30 days but I want to go in as prepared as one can be. Not that I will ever be ready. Thanks for any help
Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakedoutcincy View Post
I will most likely be sent to Marysville pretty soon. Is there anyone on here that has been to Marysville? I have alot of questions and need alot of help and advice. I am scared to death and dont want this to consume me for the next 30 days but I want to go in as prepared as one can be. Not that I will ever be ready. Thanks for any help
My daughter is there, and I have been there to visit, I can try to answer your questions.