Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Denied Family/regular/non-contact Visits

Hey all, Can someone help me on how to appeal visitations, and please explain who and how the Obudmans work? Here is my complicated situation...........My husband is serving a 4 year sentence in San Luis Obispo, C.M.C. He is in Level 2 (medium security). Anyways, sent in my visiting questionaire, and I did get denied the first time because I am on probation. But they send me a form that indicated the documents I needed to submit before I would be allowed visits. So I sent what I needed to send, and I got approved. But than, me and my husband took it one step farther and applied for "Family Visits" a.k.a. "conjucal visits, and his counselor disapproved me because he investigated my husbands case (they do this if you apply for family visits), and found out that I was his co-defendant. So they sent me and my husband a notice stating that all my visits have been terminated because it's a rule that co-defendants cannot visit the inmate. I have took the next step in writing to the warden explaining that we need a chance, and that my husband has never been trouble, he is in low level security, and that his kids need to see him. But once again I got a denial form indicating those are the rules. This denial letter was sent by the Visiting Lt. Anyhow, I won't give up, and I was hoping that maybe someone in the same situation could give me a little advice. Or explain to me if the Obudsman can assist me in getting approved. Is it possible that even if thats the rules, can the Warden override it and allow me visits? How about if it's non-contact visits, I would still be satisfied. I havent seen my husband in a year now. I miss him so much and so does his kids. Please help, if it's not too much too ask could you email me a response to this thread, I would appreciate it since I don't check the thread postings too often.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 AM

Can another family member take the kids to visit if you can't get the visitation denial reversed?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Hangin' in there - Super Mod

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,582 Times in 7,029 Posts

The Ombudsman's office cannot help you with this.
I'm extremely sorry to say that until/unless you can get your record expunged, that rule about co-defendants is pretty much the final word.
If money is tight but you would like to speak to a lawyer about how to petition the courts to modify or expunge your record, it might help to remember that a great many lawyers offer a free initial consultation.

You can, and probably should, have another family member or close friend get approved so that they can take the kids to visit.

I'm very, very sorry I can't say anything more hopeful.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Co-Defenders are not allowed to visit .. its one of the few things that dont have a wardens over ride even. 8(