Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > Lady Liberty Lounge - New York
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Lady Liberty Lounge - New York New York State's Off-Topic forum. Post anything that does NOT have anything to do with prison here. General Chit-Chat, etc!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:20 PM

Default The Caller Id Mystery Story

Well here goes please don't think I have lost my mind-- Its temporarily out of sorts until my son comes home!
My son and I speak every night between 6-8 pm. Now as I am sure you all know this is prime time for telemarketers, which I do not answer after looking at the caller ID. Sometimes I pick up and hang up not to be annoyed by the ringing. When my son calls, I see "Gowanda CF" and I then answer the call. Well for the past five days, I was so sick with worry and grief, I haven't been able to sleep, eat, or barely breathe. My son has not called! All sorts of things ran through my mind, the box? , Hurt? Worse? I called Gowanda and they told me he had no sanctions and they don't know why he hasn't called! Well I felt somewhat better, but still what happened? Well, on the 5th night, my other son was over and we were sitting on the sofa, watching TV. The phone rings- I see it says
"Houston Texas" 713-574-1101 Ok, the same telemarketer I have been hanging up on all week. My son then grabs the phone and says "HELLO???"
and sure enough it was the old familiar recording from Gowanda!!! It was my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He asked what happened Mom, why werent you there all week? Well I explained to him all about the caller ID and he laughed; stating that perhaps the new GTL has changed their address--whatever! he is ok! He heard the stress and now guilt in my voice, and told me "you should know I was equally stressed" I was so worried something happened to you! Especially last night, the CO came into my room, and told me to come with him to the chaplain's office.
"Now I was sure something horrible had happened" the chaplain sat me down to tell me my father had passed away. I just sat there, and asked "MY FATHER? OR MY MOTHER? No he said your father, I have his name right here(pointing to a paper) My son began to laugh, and hold his head, the chaplain taken aback by my son's response, stated "I guess you didn't have much of a relationship with your father, but...........My son interrupted, NO, NO its just that my father passed away 11 years ago, you must have the wrong guy, then looking at the paper, he realized it his bunkies! WOw!! He then felt bad because he knew his bunkie would be devastated, and also upset about the stupid mistake.........but all is well that ends well..... Thanks GTL for screwing up the convenience of Caller ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,169 Times in 884 Posts

Yup that happen to me also. But I happen to pick up the phone and low and behold it was honey. Don't know whats up with the 713 number....but as long as honey gets thru.....Im fine with it.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 AM
LOVE U DADDY ALWAY!

MAMALOVE like you when I see #'s like them I just let it ring. This wkn I almost missed my baby cause that # showed up after about 3 rings I picked it up so that my husband would be able to get thru that's when I got the voice, I was like WTH ... Needless to say I hurry up and changed the name on the caller ID .

Hold fast to dreams,

for if dreams die,

life is a broken winged
bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Forever and a day!

Ha Ha....that's a cute story! Im glad your son is ok.....sorry about the bunkie's dad though! Does your son say his bunkie is doing ok?

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly

Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Well, I spoke to his Mom, to deliver "messages" because her phone is blocked, But my son can be a support for him since he has lost his Dad as well. Just a real hard time for this family........we are doing what we can

Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Hey MomaLove sorry to hear about the mix up with your son, thank God for the joyof caller ID, right? My regards to your son bunkie
Old 10-12-2007, 05:57 PM

Momalove I Thank You So Much, You Don't No From The Bottom Of My Heart. I Have Caller Id And Dont Answer Calls I Dont No, After Reading Your Post 15 Minutes Later I Got A Call From Texas So I Decided To Answer And Im Glad I Did Because It Was My Fiance, Our 1st Call Ever Since He Has Been In For 5months Now, And I Thank You Because If It Wasnt For Ur Post I Would Have Let The Phone Just Ring
Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Chris Wifey

Any number my Baby calls me from I store it to my phone as "My Baby". I don't care how many phones are in the correctional facility, I save it. But I'm glad you guys made the connection Mamalove. As far as the telemarketers go, I let them get 2 words out and CLICK.