Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri DOC - What You Need to Know > Missouri Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Missouri Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Missouri prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Missouri forum.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:38 PM

Default PCS Daily Dial ???

I called and talked to a rep and said it would work with my cell and then I signed up online at the web site. This was a couple days ago. Today I had someone call my cell collect and it says I cant accept collect calls. I finally get a hold of a c.r. at pcs who says there is no record of my account/payment. I have my credit card statement online right in front of me that shows $56.25 taken out and their CA office did it. She is gonna send it to corporate to locate my $. And in the mean time I had to open a new $25 acct. I would have only done $25 to begin with but thought you needed $50. So my fiance has been behind bars since 9/21 and still havent seen him or spoken to him since he got locked up. And now im out $50 till who knows when. I hope it works this time around. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Kim
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2007, 03:16 PM

I guess I am behind in the times I havent done the prepaid online just over the phone. So no I havent had that happen before. My husband usually just uses the money I send him to buy minutes from the canteen. He is better at keeping track of them then I am. Sorry I couldnt help.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Thank you.

I am so upset now. I just paid the pcs daily dail to a live rep $25 more to have my cell phone set up. My boyfriends mom tried calling my cell collect tonight and it says my phone isnt allowed to accept collect calls. I call cingular 611 and am told that no cell phones are set up this way or can be to accept collect calls.

Now here is my question. Can he call my cell phone now that it is set up again through the prison? Is that the only place that can call my cell collect therefore that explains why his mom couldnt do it from her home but he should be able to? Or will it tell him that this phone cant accept collect calls too? I am beside myself. Go until sometime in Feb without talking to him? Any of you with cell phones and they work from any MO prison collect particularily ERDCC how do you do it? Does it work by him buying minutes at the canteen? Will it work that way? I am just sick over this whole issue. He wrote his mom a letter and said how lonely it is-which didnt make me feel better but then he goes and asks his mom in the letter if im mad at him. I am so frusterated with trying to set up this phone. any advice and help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kim
Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 PM

So sorry to hear you're having problems! My guy is at WMCC and he buys time on canteen and can call what ever number he wants. Some days he reaches me at home and some days he catches me on my cell. I've never had a problem with either. I've never set up an account for my phones, he is responsible for buying the time, because I can't afford it. When he calls, I still have to "accept" the call. The recording starts off "You have a prepaid call" so you know it's not collect, but you still have to accept it to be able to talk to him. I don't know if this helps you or not. Good Luck!!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:19 PM

yes it really helps!! his mom just got the deposit slips in the mail to set up an acct at the prison. and it only took her 1 day to get a letter. we are in farm. is why. she says 1 but she is 80 so ill go with 2 days loll. but i am writing him a letter that says try my phone collect if it doesnt work write me right away and tell me. i also told him by the time he gets this there will be an acct with $ in it for him and to check. so hopefully before he gets out we will be able to talk!!

Kim
Old 10-05-2007, 07:31 PM

There's a faster way to put money on his account than sending in a money order with the deposit slips. That can take up to a couple of weeks. There's a website, jpay.com, that will credit his account the next business day. There's a small fee to use it, but I found that fee is worth the hassle of going to buy a money order, stamp, etc...and the waiting for anything to be put on his account. I've used it a couple of times over the years, and never had a problem with it.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Donation Award 

when you set up an account with PCS, they are not calling collect. It is a prepaid account that they will dial direct. You still get a recording, but it is NOT a collect call. They can only make collect calls to land lines. He can either buy minutes in the prison canteen or you can put money on the account that is attached to your phone for him to use. This, again, is not collect. It's different then that.

Sending a money order will be cheaper, but will take up to 2 weeks to be credited to an account. JPAY will be there the next business day. It's more expensive, but faster.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Christy I dont get it? How does he dial my phone # then? I thought only collect calls could be made from the prison? Does he dial this ? 1 573-***-**** ???? I didnt think they could do that? Oh and fyi my cell is an out of state area code, that shouldnt matter right? the above is just an example.

Also the c.r.'s at pcs need to stop saying yes he will be able to call your cell collect if that isnt the case.

Kim
Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Donation Award 

They are given a PIN number to make calls. When he picks up the phone, it will give him instructions on how to make the call. Yes, he just dials the number. I think he has to press "1" to make a collect call and "2" to make a prepaid call. The prepaid calls are either with minutes purchased in the canteen or to a prepaid account set up for one specific number. He just dials the number and you will get a recording tell you that this is a prepaid call from.... and you press 3 if he is calling on your account and 5 if he is calling on minutes he bought.

Cell phones cannot accept collect calls...I have never heard of one that could. The system is set up to debit the account for the amount of minutes used on the call and direct dialing is allowed. There are no restrictions as far as out of state or not. They are not allowed to dial 800 numbers though.

There should also be instructions near the phones that will tell them what to do. Other inmates can also tell him.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:10 AM

Thank you Christy it worked!!! He called me this morning finally!

Kim
Old 10-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I can do all things...

Default pcs

I setup the PCS acct for my cell #, since my work schedule varies so much. I haven't had any problems with calls coming thru. Maybe it's your cell provider. Oops, I just read the other posts about the difference between collect and prepaid.

Always Forever Together

Last edited by gigi29; 10-07-2007 at 02:17 AM..