Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Default What is Active Community Supervision?

Does Active Community Supervision mean halfway house and/or electronic monitoring?
my EX got out of a drug program on Thursday. He is a crack addict. Lied to me about the release date, a couple of days before we got out, he told me he wanted to surprise me. Whatever

He calls Sunday morning from a cell phone and I wasn't home. He has not called back. I called that number back and the guy that answered gave me the scoop. He saw my ex on the street with a flat tire, he gave my ex $30 in a crack neighborhood to help him out. My heart sank.
My ex still has not called me. We have alot of problems together. I know he won't call bc he thinks I am furious .

I was filled with rage but ya know what? It doesn't matter anymore-I am done. I've gone thru 2 bids with him only to be screwed over each time. He got out, dissed me and the kids and ended up back in after a month on the streets. Did 5 months (3 months jail & 2 months drug program) and he was in a crack area the same weekend he got out? Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. He's on parole, driving w/out a license so already violating his parole.
Vinelink says he's on Active Community Supervision. What does that involve?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
One Day At A Time!!

This is what I found when I googled it...hope it helps!

Definitions of Community supervision on the Web:
  • (formerly called adult probation) may be ordered for misdemeanor or felony offenses and is generally imposed instead of a jail or prison sentence.
Best wishes to you and remain strong for your children. Drug addiction is not easy for some to get over.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:14 AM

Thanks! The thing I am wondering about is that it's Active Community Supervision. My friend that was on probation at one time in his life said that Active means that they are on a bracelet or in a halfway house.
Being closely monitored.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 AM
One Day At A Time!!

I also saw the same things but under different headings about how different states handle active community supervision. Depending on your offense, you were closely monitored by a PO and had to report often, wore an ankle braclet or lived in a halfway house. I could not pinpoint which one to choose to help you out that is why I just looked up the definition. They had some on drug addicts, sex offenders, juvenille and others.
Take care!