Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona DOC - What You Need to Know > Arizona Prison Phones & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prison Phones & Mail Use this forum to discuss Arizona prison Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Arizona forum.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Default New Prepaid Collect Call Company in Arizona

Just Talk Communications has launched a new prepaid collect call system in Phoenix Arizona market.

No monthly fees, no setup fees, and low call rates. Works on any cellular phone, Long Distance number or International phone. We Guarantee to save you money!

We service the Maricopa county jail and prison system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JustTalk Flyer II.jpg (141.5 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by PromoteArizona; 09-13-2007 at 04:42 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromoteArizona
Just Talk Communications has launched a new prepaid collect call system in Phoenix Arizona market.

No monthly fees, no setup fees, and low call rates. Works on any cellular phone, Long Distance number or International phone. We Guarantee to save you money!

We service the Maricopa county jail and prison system.
Is this a legitament company? If so. how can i contact them or how can i get this service? My husband is in douglas prison unit papago & i am staying with his mom & dad & there is a collect call block on the phone. I have sent th visitation apps back but it will probably be another 3 to 4 weeks or more befre i get the approval letter so as of now writing letters is the only way of communcation that me & our 3 children have. So if there's a way we could talk to him on the phone, i am eager to find out how. Anticipating your reply. SINCERLY, A wife missing her husband and 3 kids desperatly missing their daddy!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Just Talk Communication is REAL!!!

Yes, this is a legitament company! The customer service number is 602-251-3131. It is an Arizana Company.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 PM

This may very well be a legitimate company but before I took a chance, I'd contact the Arizona Dept. of Corrections and make sure it was approved through them and okay to use. There have been people lose their phone privilages by using some other services other than going through Correction Billing. I'd check and double check as these calls are so important to all of us. Something cheaper would certainly be a blessing but an expensive call is better than no call at all. Good Luck and let us all know if there truly is an alternative.
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas too For This Useful Post:
KingmanQueen (03-25-2009)
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Default new company

I have tried to contact this company, and have not been able to get a real person yet. I also tried contacting AZ DOC but can not find the right person to call who knows about what phone companies they accept or don't. If anyone has any luck, please let me know. I just have a funny feeling about this new company, but maybe I am wrong....
Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

I used prisoncallsonline and nearly almost lost my calls.

It's so not worth the headache and having on your cosciounous that you're lying to the prison!! I felt so awful, lost out on $100 bucks and almost lost phone privliges with the prison.

Keep in mind they can verify the address that you give them. That's why they didn't approve mine. the address prison calls online gave me was not legite. Just be very careful and ask a ton of questions when you calls places like this!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 PM

Interesting that you haven't been able to get a real person by calling Just Talk Communications customer service line. The phones are answered 24 hours a day. If for some reason the lines are busy or you go to voice mail, then the customer service people are on the lines and will call you back if you leave a voicemail. If you are truly seeking information on Just Talk Communications there are many ways to find it. First of all, you would start by going to the website. Second, you would call the customer service line, that does work 24 hours a day at 602-251-3131. Third, simply send an email to justtalk@justtalk.biz. And Forth, just Google "Just Talk Communications" and read other information. This should put these two issues to rest concerning being able to contact Just Talk Communications and if the company is real.

Be smart, read between the lines, do your home work. If your reading this, then your on the right track of finding a solution that will work for you. Just Talk Communication's job is to make calling affordabe for you to talk to your loved one or friend. Just Communications has a combined telecommunications experience of over 25 years, with patent pending technology.

Let's clear up a couple of things here. The Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) does not approve phone companies, they approve people! The ADC requires any person that visits or calls to complete an Application to Visit an Inmate, form 911-4p. On that form, there are two fields that have to do with phone calls. One field says "I WILL accept collect phone calls from this inmate - Yes or No". And another field says "Home Telephone No.". ADC has the right to accept or deny a PERSON requesting visits or phone calls.

No one has to lie about their address. We now live in a world where phone numbers do not dictate your geographical location. With the advent of Internet, Wireless phones and number portability, phone numbers are no longer hard wired to a home address. Here is an interesting fact:

According to a U.S. Census 2006 American Fact Finder report released this week, over 5 million Americans do not have landline home phone service. That is 2 million more than when the statistic was first tracked in 2002.

In Maryland, 88,606 households do not have home phones, a 76 percent jump from 2002 and 17,000 more than last year.
In sharp contrast, CTIA -The Wireless Association, a trade group for wireless carriers, said that over 72 percent of the U.S. population has cell phones. And, CTIA quotes a 2005 National Center for Health Statistics report released in May that found that 8.4 percent of U.S. households are wireless only.

"What is unique about wireless is its mobility," said Joe Farren, executive director at CTIA. The portability is attractive to many people, he said, because they do not need to be locked into one place to make phone calls.
CTIA, though, does not foresee a precipitous increase in the number of people making the jump but a steady climb as technology and coverage improve, Farren noted.

While cell phone usage rises, the number of landlines keeps dropping.

Jails and prisons have written rules for phone calls, do your research on the particular jail or prison your interested in. Just Talk Communications will help you satisfy the jail or prison requirements to receive a call using Just Talk Communications services. Currently, services are provided for Maricopa County, Arizona jails and prisons to any cellular, home, long distance, or international phone number. Just Talk will be expanding nationwide. Please check the website for further information. Register at Just Talk Communications website and as soon as your jail or prison comes online, you will be notified immediately.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 PM

I just got a letter from Arizona DOC stating that they are about to have new inmate telephone system that will include debit and pre-pay options. Are you connected with this, and if not, have you heard about it, and can you tell us how your service will be better than theirs?

Last edited by peace2all; 10-03-2007 at 04:36 PM..
Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
missing her man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace2all
I just got a letter from Arizona DOC stating that they are about to have new inmate telephone system that will include debit and pre-pay options. Are you connected with this, and if not, have you heard about it, and can you tell us how your service will be better than theirs?
I can not afford the calls from my baby...but I can do a debit or pre-paid thing...How do you find out about this...is it gonna be soon that you can do that?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Donation Award 

When I tried to call, I was told my phone was "blocked." That's odd, considereing that I can phone CBS from the same phone. So I sent an email 2 days ago; I have yet to hear back from them. Makes you wonder....
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 AM
GOOD GIRL LOVES BAD BOY

i now use just talk and it is great.
a few kinks along the way but it is working and i love them.....
Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 PM

Default re: Just Talk Communications

I can't say enough good things about this company. Prison Calls Online was charging me a fee monthly just for the privilege of using their services. Just Talk gives you five dollars for every hundred you put down yourself. And no big monthly fee. They are respectful, helpful, and after several months of having their service, I would NEVER go back to Prison Calls Online. I'd recommend them from the bottom of my heart.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 AM

Default recieving collect call

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I just recieved my first letter from my other half who is in Towers Jail. He would like me to put money on my cell phone so he can call me, but I am a little confused about how to do that.

Can anyone help me?

Thank You

Erika
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Anthony's Forever

I would call thw jail and find out which phone service they use for calls and then call the company that they use and set up a pre paid account with that company to your cell phone. Good luck
Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 AM

Erika-

You can go on to myvconnect.com or call 800-913-6097 and set up an account. You just enter your cell phone number and create a pin. You have to deposit at least $25 and $7.95 is automatically withdrawn for the fee. Each collect call you receive after tax is $2.45. My hunnie is in lower buckeye right now and I just set my account up with vconnect. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 AM

When my husband called me the first time, after our one minute complimentary call it transferred me to the company for the pre paid service. He was calling from the Gila County jail though, I don't know if it works in the facility he'll be going to.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM

confuzed,
question ok im new an i was just lookin for the best way to do collect calls an ur sounds pretty good cause i need it to my cell and i work long hours so i dont need a landline. how much can u put down? is it any amount or u have to always put $25 at a time.. does it work with cricket or altell?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Love is Patient

The number you have to call to get money on your cell in the maricopa county jail system is 602-251-3131. This is the number that I called when my baby was in Lower Buckeye.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
In It For The Long Run

I know that this an old post but Just Talk is pretty good! I have them.

*Sra. Labios*

YAY IT'S COMING OFF!!! THANKS TO ShapeWorks with Herbalife (and ZUMBA)