Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Georgia prisons.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Irwin County Detention Center

My boyfriend just got shipped to Irwin County from Forsyth. Does anyone know about this facility and how to find out all the logistics on visitation, phone calls, what is allowed to be shipped, etc? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Default Icdc

The phone number is 229 468 4121 the address is 132 cotton drive ocilla ga 31774
Old 04-24-2008, 03:55 PM

Smile my bofriend is at irwin also call me at (see below) asap and i will tell you how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4justice View Post
My boyfriend just got shipped to Irwin County from Forsyth. Does anyone know about this facility and how to find out all the logistics on visitation, phone calls, what is allowed to be shipped, etc? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
my husband is ther also call me (phone number removed by moderator per PTO policy - please send PM) asap i will tell you on how

Last edited by katydidsbro; 09-15-2008 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: removal of phone number per policy
Old 04-24-2008, 03:56 PM

call (phone number removed by moderator per PTO policy - please send PM)

Last edited by katydidsbro; 09-15-2008 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: removal of phone number per policy
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Donation Award 

Default lrwin detention center

My boyfriend has just been transfered from Fort Valley to Ocilla.
l need information as l heard this is a transit center. Anyone knowing how long is he supposed to stay there?
l live very far from the US, cannot phone you guys.
Any information would be welcome.
Thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Donation Award 

hello marthe.

welcome to the ga forum. i'm not familiar with irwin county dc, but someone will come along to help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to kae For This Useful Post:
MARTHE (07-01-2008)
Old 06-28-2008, 06:44 PM

My son is currently "in transit" in Irwin County Detention Centre. He has been there almost three weeks now. He is supposed to be going to McRae CI which is only 40 -50 miles from Irwin - go figure. Perhaps your boyfriend is also going to McRae because there are many foreign prisoners there.
The Following User Says Thank You to willstew For This Useful Post:
MARTHE (07-01-2008)
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
My boy friend is American, but l'll try and find out about McRey.
All the best to you!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 PM

my sisiter is in irwin county she is waiting and very much wanting to be moved they want tell her when or where she will be moving she called and wants me to find out does anyone know how
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

Marthe welcome to PTO I am sure someone will come in that knows the info that you need.kat
Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM

Default a transit center

my b/f is there too is there a website that isnt under construction that might have some infor on the place? how long do they usually stay there? my b/f has been there since friday. do they have their pics posted anywhere?
Old 10-04-2008, 08:52 PM

Default Irwin Detention Center Info

My brother got there on the 1st Oct and we have not been able to talk. Some how the system keeps telling me I don't have an account. He came from Charlotte and on his way to maybe FL. (Hopefully) I mailed him some money so maybe he can buy a calling card. You can only send money via money order. ATN the phone company charges 10.00 fee plus a minimum of 25.00 But you can send via Western Union any amount.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 AM

Hey everyone. I have a friend that I lost contact with some time back. Her mom seems to think that she was transferred To Irwin County Detention Center. She is a federal inmate. Supposedly , she will do her time in Alderson, Wv? Would they transfer her down there from up here in Tennessee, then up to Alderson? Would I be able to find out by calling the Center directly? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWu View Post
Hey everyone. I have a friend that I lost contact with some time back. Her mom seems to think that she was transferred To Irwin County Detention Center. She is a federal inmate. Supposedly , she will do her time in Alderson, Wv? Would they transfer her down there from up here in Tennessee, then up to Alderson? Would I be able to find out by calling the Center directly? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Yes, they do transport inmates from all over the place and its crazy sometimes how they do it. They will transport someone way up north who is going to Florida. It's crazy. Probably the only person that can help you is the person's attorney. ICDC won't tell you anything!!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:31 PM

My boyfriend got moved from NC to Irwin and I can not understand why they shipped him from one county jail to another. Just send him to prison that is what he needs and wants. That place is ok but he needs prison not county jails.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 PM

Default help

i need to know how to get my wife a phone number in irwin so she can call me can u help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxieglenn View Post
my husband is ther also call me (phone number removed by moderator per PTO policy - please send PM) asap i will tell you on how
Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 PM

Default help

do u know how to get a phone number to an inmate in irwin so she can call me in tennessee, she does not have the number i had to get a new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908wolff View Post
my sisiter is in irwin county she is waiting and very much wanting to be moved they want tell her when or where she will be moving she called and wants me to find out does anyone know how
Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Thanked 1,228 Times in 834 Posts

You'll probably have to send it to her in a letter... You could always try calling and speaking with her counselor... They may be able to give her a message for you, but I'm not sure if that's even possible...

Good luck!!!

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Default Phone cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroreo View Post
My brother got there on the 1st Oct and we have not been able to talk. Some how the system keeps telling me I don't have an account. He came from Charlotte and on his way to maybe FL. (Hopefully) I mailed him some money so maybe he can buy a calling card. You can only send money via money order. ATN the phone company charges 10.00 fee plus a minimum of 25.00 But you can send via Western Union any amount.
FYI I was in ICDC for 6 months and I hope you sent enough $ the phone cards cost 21.50 and my family lived in florida it was 10.00 per phone call!! and if you set up an account with the phone company they are 20.00 per call!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sosha3 For This Useful Post:
Mommy4Two (09-16-2009)
Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenrogers View Post
i need to know how to get my wife a phone number in irwin so she can call me can u help?
I was in ICDC for 6 months What you can do is call the facilitiy and say there is an emergency with her children or familey it works best with children and you need her to call asap you need information about them you have to come up with a lie yourself they will let her call you from the prison you have to know that she will be a little freaked out thinking something is wrong but they will not pass any messages with out it being a emergency
Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM

This is my 1st post.My son arrived at Irwin county last nite.We have paid alot of money here in Tn. in order to speak with him.Altho I would pay whatever is needed to speak with him.I also wonder what is the least expensive route to speak with him besides the 800 number.Is that the only way or can I go threw my long distance carrier.If anyone knows please reply.Need information fast.Thank you so much.My heart goes out to everyone that are only trying to keep in touch with a love one and the phone companies are taking advantage of this.Thanks Again!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:05 PM

Default Irwin county detenton center

Hello my husband is at irwin county detention center. He got ship yesterday and i did find the number and address, but like too get information on the facility like how the guards, food, and visitation are. I was wondering how long normal stay before going to another facility. Well in my case my husband was moved there because the facility he was moved from was overcrowed.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4justice View Post

can someone give me some info on Irwin county ga. hes suppost to transport. but nothing yet.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 AM

Default reaching out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908wolff View Post
Hello,

I recently read your short statement and oddly I feel your pain. My baby sister, too, is now at Irwin County DC. I just got comfortable with her last place of residence. Now a new, small, redneck town has her in her hand. I miss my sister so mouch...just wanted to chat...thanks for listening!!!!

dee
Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple1 View Post
This is my 1st post.My son arrived at Irwin county last nite.We have paid alot of money here in Tn. in order to speak with him.Altho I would pay whatever is needed to speak with him.I also wonder what is the least expensive route to speak with him besides the 800 number.Is that the only way or can I go threw my long distance carrier.If anyone knows please reply.Need information fast.Thank you so much.My heart goes out to everyone that are only trying to keep in touch with a love one and the phone companies are taking advantage of this.Thanks Again!
Whatever great ideas you may find for contacting your loved...i would love to know too. My baby sister is in Irwin County DC. facing 20 to life...ahhhhhhh!!! thanks dee.