Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

South Carolina General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in SC that do not fit into any other SC subforum.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Been around awhile

Default Help Or Info Needed - Pre-trial Intervention (PTI)

Well Lets See Where I Begin. My Daughter Was Locked Up Back In June For Criminal Conspiracy And Shoplifting . She Did The 30 Days For The Shoplifting Charge And The Criminal Conspiracy She Got Pti For. Well She Also Had A Pending 1,000 Dollars To Pay For An Accident She Had With Someone Else's Car (driving Under Suspension As Well). Anyway Now They Have Issued A Warrant For Her Arrest On The Two Tickets She Never Took Care Of From This Car Accident.
She Was Due To Start Pti Sept. 11th 2007 And Now Tommorow She Is Turning Herself In On The The Warrant. What I Want To Know Is What Will Happen About The Pti... She Can't Attend Due To Turning Herself In Tommorow, So If Anyone Knows Please Let Me Know ... Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 PM

What does PTI stand for?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Been around awhile

pre trial intervention
Old 09-03-2007, 06:43 PM

I'm winging this one, but can you call the solicitor's (?) office and tell them that she wants to turn herself in and will likely not be available for the September 11th PTI? Be sure to take note of who you talk to and write down what they tell you.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Pti

PTI-stands for Pre Trial Intervention. It is usually offered in lieu of jail time for 1st time offenders. If you complete all the requirements such as community service, paying your fees, homework, etc. It's different depending on the program. You can have your charges expunged from your record when it's completed. If it were me I would have your daughter go first to the PTI office she was supposed to report to and explain her situation and see what they suggest. Let them know she is at their mercy and made a mistake and is going to go in on the tickets. She may just get a fine for the tickets and or probation (maybe they will talk to the judge). She may be able to work with her probation officer and PTI to complete both. See what they say. Usually if you are willing to complete PTI which is not easy(my son pulled weeds in our church cemetary for 20 of his hours, where he is now buried, ironic isn't it), it takes alot of work. Good luck and make sure you go with her to show your support, they also may be more willing to help her knowing she has her family behind her. The judge asked me with my son what I wanted to do and I suggested it as someone told me about it, and knowing how hard it would be for him and thought it would teach him a good lesson on commitment. Basically it's kind of like a second chance. You screwed up but, if you commit and work hard for this they will take it off your record. Hopefully they don't go the other way, and lock her up again, but I have found if you are honest and up front it goes a lot further.

Good Luck, you will be in my prayers tonight.

Tigger Mom

Last edited by Tigger Mom; 09-03-2007 at 08:24 PM..