Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Other Texas Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Texas Prisons Topics & Discussions related to all Texas (TDCJ) Prisons that do not have a dedicated forum on PTO.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,086 Times in 914 Posts
Default Central Texas Treatment Center, Granger - texas prison unit

Does anyone have any experience with the Central Texas Treatment Center in Granger, TX? It is supposed to be for probationers with drug and/or alcohol problems. My daughter may get the opportunity to go there as opposed to prison for violating her probation. Any information will be helpful. It is supposedly not a SAFP because it is not on the TDC list of SAF-P's. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2007, 05:33 PM

I am not familiar with this unit. If it turns out to be SAFP just let me know and I can help with any questions. Take care.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Thanks for responding! I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Post CTTC - Granger Texas

Do you still want info on this treatment facility? I'm in recovery in Austin and have many friends who have turned their lives around completely after being sent to the Central Texas Treatment Center. Just let me know if you are still interested.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:40 AM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Default Central Texas Treatment Facility

Hi -- yes I am still interested in info, although the court is no longer offering that to us....

Thank you very much and God Bless you.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 AM

Post CTTC - Granger Texas

I can think of 11 people, just off the top of my head who are graduates of Central Texas Treatment Center, 3 of those are no longer clean. The others firmly believe it saved their lives, and they follow-up what they learned there with regular attendance at 12-step meetings, working with a sponsor and giving back what was given to them through service and honest sharing with the rest of us. I tried posting their website but it won't let me yet since I'm such a new member here. Either google or yahoo search like this; CTTC Granger Texas. This will get you their website which has phone numbers as well as some information on the Center and what their approach is. Good luck!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Default About Central Texas Treatment Center, Granger TX

I'm a grauduate of CTTC (Central Texas Treatment Center). I was there from January 26th, 2002 to December 12th, 2002. As you can tell my stay was long, I had ALOT of issues to deal with.

CTTC is NOT a "Safe-P". CTTC is NOTHING like prison and is NOT like jail. Alot of people seem to 'forget' the living experince they had while in jail or prison. When your 'locked-up' all you can think about is the day your released. Once your out, you seem to forget the "Living Experince" you'd left back in jail/prison. During your 1st couple of weeks at CTTC you're over whelemed because of the highly structored enviomerment change and ALL the rules you have to follow while living at CTTC. Because you're over whelemed by this you seem to push your memiories of jail/prison far back, to the point that you make yourself forget the experince and you loose your since of "Gradatude" for being giving the chance to go to CTTC.

The program at CTTC is the same for every body. But each person goes into the center with different issues/problems. So every body has to each "Work" thier 'own' personal program. For myself I took my time, I did not rush my own program. I kept in mind my experince of jail, i didn't want to return to Williamson County Jail. Jail there is a nightmare!!

The staff at CTTC was great! Getting to know the staff, and other residents was diffently a huge learning experince. Learning to live with so many different people can be diffulcult, but you learn to agust. You go through SO much at CTTC, but you don't go through it alone. You learn to grow with others.

When you 1st walk into CTTC you feel as if your a stranger. When you leave CTTC you feel like your leaving your family.

It's been since December 12th 2002 since I've left Central Texas Treatment Center. I can tell you from my own personal experince that CTTC is NOT a 'Safe-P', that CTTC is NOT like jail, that CTTC is NOT like prison. I've been to all three places in my life, so I know from personal experince what each place is like.

CTTC is a chance given to you to change your life, to grow into a better person. CTTC is NO walk in the park, it's 'hard' work but if truely want to turn your life around from addiction then you have to give it your all while at CTTC.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Lisa and jenlyn, thanks for the info. Unfortunately the county court "withdrew" their offer of this facility. I was so hoping she would get to go there....
Old 12-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Donation Award 

JacieDnTexas,
Just curious, what did they decide to do with her in lieu of CTTC?
Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Choices were SafPF -- she would wait approximately 4 months to go there, be there 6 months, then to a halfway house for 3 more months, then be released to continue on probation 7 more years) - none of her flat time would count towards anything, OR 5 years TDCJ. She chose the 5 years TDCJ. She is eligible for parole review March 3rd. In our prayers, please -- I really think she'll turn her life around.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Corey'sgurl

I was wondering if the CTTC is sometimes a choice that parole board will release someone out on parole, and send them to something like the CTTC especially if they belive the person may have a problem with alchohol? My husband has already done time at SAFP over 3 yrs ago, and of course that place didnt help. Does parole board ever release TDC inmates to a place like this?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Candace021, I believe that CTTC is "related" to adult probation, so I just don't know if it is some place the parole board is allowed to consider. This place has a website. Here is a link for more info:

http://www.adultprobation.net/cttc_1.htm
Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Dual Diagnosis Advocate

I've heard many wonderful things about CTTC! There is nothing else like this place in Texas! I was HARD CORE trying to get my husband there, but unfortunately it is mainly for probationers or judge "court ordered" (basically, probation-based). The county my husband was arrested in is unfortunately all about sentencing the max in TDCJ and no probation or anything related. (Don't get me on my soap box)

If you have an opportunity to go there -- GO! It will not only save and change lives, but it is way better than jail and SAFP (and I've heard this from many people). You're lucky and blessed if you get the opportunity!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 PM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Yes, it is for probationers, which unfortunately now my daughter is not.

I do believe that it is a good place that may actually help rehabilitate rather than punish.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 PM

My son was just transferred from BASTROP CO to CTTC on April 3, 2012. I am to visit Apr 7. This is the only place I've found with any info about the facility. Has anyone else out there been through this program?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:20 AM

How was your first visit with your son? My boyfriend is going there this Friday and I'm not sure when I'll get to visit him or anything about the center yet we're still waiting to hear back on the details.

Thanks..
Tgmcdowell

Last edited by tgmcdowell; 05-21-2013 at 12:23 AM..
Old 06-16-2013, 02:09 AM

I wanted to know how long it generally takes for the inmate to get transferred to CTTC from jail when court ordered to attend the treatment center? What is the procedure once you arrive at CTTC and what is the guidelines as far as phone calls and visits from family?