Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > The Show Me State Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Show Me State Lounge The Missouri forum's lounge... general chit-chat and things unrelated to the Missouri prison system go here!

Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM

My friend is coming home to my house on 2-15-10 i am not to sure what to do for him as he has been down for 11 years. any one know how to help him to come back in to the real world.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Walking the Walk
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,371 Times in 772 Posts

Sugarbearswife, I'm so sorry to hear this, and that the setback was for five years. I hope you can hold tight to each other and stay strong -- you're both very lucky to have each other to go through this with.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:09 PM

StormChild, Thank you for your caring and encouraging words!! I really appreciate them!! I told my husband almost 6 years ago that if I had to do this for the rest of my life, that that is exactly what I would do! I know the Lord didn't put us back together after 14 years so that we could spend the rest of our lives apart though. I know the Lord has a perfect plan for us and that it will all come to pass in His glorious timing!! Thank you again StormChild!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I am his Wife!

I hope that all is going well with everyone...things here continue to be awesome...he seems to be adjusting wonderfully...there are small glitches here and there but all in all not bad. He has a meeting Weds to get more info on what to expect etc..I'm kinda anxious about that but not too much so...but anyway just wanted to stop in and say Howdy and wish everyone well...seems quiet here to me now adays..take care.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:00 AM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug801 View Post
I hope that all is going well with everyone...things here continue to be awesome...he seems to be adjusting wonderfully...there are small glitches here and there but all in all not bad. He has a meeting Weds to get more info on what to expect etc..I'm kinda anxious about that but not too much so...but anyway just wanted to stop in and say Howdy and wish everyone well...seems quiet here to me now adays..take care.
I am soooo happy for you Lady!! Just remember, All things are better because he is home. No matter what bumps in the road there are you can face them together side by side!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkkrazr For This Useful Post:
Ladybug801 (10-13-2009)
Old 12-29-2009, 04:49 AM
I am his Wife!

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi to all. Things continue to go well with us..we are now offically engaged..didn't think I would ever go there again LOL but here I am He continues to adjust well to the outside world ..still no job but working on it and taking programs to assist in everything so he is continuing to move forward and grow. All in all things are going well. I hope that you all have found happiness and peace in your lives or at least a path to get you there. I know that it's not an easy road to follow but it can be well worth it if you can make it through to the end. I never thought I could do 9 years but I did and we are a 100% stronger because of it. Take care all love on.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
I am his Wife!

Wow things seem really quiet here now..I haven't been around in a long time but hope that all the people who were here listening and supporting me and mine are doing ok. I think maybe even a couple have had some out dates since I have been gone. We have 49 days until we get married..(I still can't believe it ) and things continue to go well with us. There have been a few minor little bumps in the road but nothing that bad at all. Those nine years seem almost like a distant memory now. Again just wanted to check in...see how everyone is doing and let you all know that we are doing ok. Please take care of each other love well and long..

Deb
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Donation Award 

Lady bug -- things are quiet. Seems after they took away the count down poeple stopped posting so much. I think lots of supportive ladies came to visit the countdown and commented on lots of other posts and gave support, now not so many of us active.
But we are all still here, praying for our loved ones, and getting through - one step at a time.
Glad to hear you all are doing good. I pray for the day my son is home. Your post gives me hope that he can get his life back and get past this. He has been in 5 years, 10 more to go.
What has been the most challenging thing for your husband (to be), in terms of post- release?

Last edited by sag; 04-20-2010 at 12:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM

Glad to hear from you ladybug. I know I and several others stopped coming here after they shut the countdown off. It was such a motivating and inspiring reason to check in everyday.

We started one up on another support forum and all moved over there. I still check in here a couple times a month but dont comment or post much, just browse through.
Its still a great place for info. but I dont feel the support here anymore.

I'm glad all is going well with you and your husband. Its great and encouraging to hear about successful homecomings.

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
my best friend in moberly

hi all I'm mike still here to and yeah there hasn't been active.
by best friend did git trans Ferd to Farmington Treatment Center
he now has left 2 months 2 weeks and 6 days tell hes home
Ive only herd from him Saturday and that was it its Friday now
I'm hoping to here from him Saturday i hope no letters yet ether?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

I hope everyone is doing well! I am so glad to hear things are going as planned Ladybug! It's really sad they took away the support from here. If I hadn't received a private message requesting help I wouldn't have bothered to stop in. Take care. May stop back buy in another 6 months or so! Who knows maybe they will change things back to a supportive site not just informational!