Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Minnesota Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Minnesota prisons.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Smile Shakopee women's prison- need info she may transfer

Hey everyone, my mom (Lifer) is in a california womens prison (5000 poplulation) and shes thinking about getting a transfer Shakopee. she heard from a girl in cali that its a great prison compared to most...is this true? how many girls to a room? are you always locked in? what kinda program do they have? etc. medical treatment? etc...

ANY kind of info would be GREAT!
thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!

(she is also considering some other prisons too, which im going to post at also so i can get info)...but basically where ever she transfers to, we will move too)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2007, 01:06 AM
The Janitor Of God

Thanked 1,108 Times in 552 Posts

Shakopee is certainly smaller that 5000 by a significant amount! I believe it was originally a state hospital and converted to a prison some years ago. It has a sort of "campus" appearance; how much the inmates are allowed to move around, especially outdoors, I do not know.

No info on programs and living conditions--they almost certainly have resources for alcoholics and drug addicts, but anything beyond that....who knows? Minnesota's inmate medical care is middle of the road, and from what I hear prison food here is much better than the norm. Which isn't saying much, I know. But it's something.

Will say I don't recall ever hearing anything about problems with violence and the like at Shakopee. It's either a peaceful place or they keep a very tight lid on that sort of information.

THIS NUT WON'T CRACK

Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 AM

thanks. yeah, i know they dont even have a fence- so i wonder how much outdoor time they really get.

thanks for your reply
Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 PM

One thing I know, is it's the only women's prison in MN so it has all security levels. It has an IFI Christian program that just started there also. I think you have to have an outdate for that program. not sure.