Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Domestic Violence General discussion

Old 07-30-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Can No Contact Order Be Removed?

Does Anyone have any information about what is required to have a No Contact as Condition of Parole removed? Can it be done? This is for Santa Clara County California (San Jose) Any input whatsoever would be very appreciated. Thanks...Jamie
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

They tell me that the no contact order will stand between my ex-husband and myself until he gets off of parole and has completed 52 weeks of domestic violence/anger management classes. I plan to apply for a lifetime one before he is released (if they have them).
Old 07-30-2007, 11:14 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,250 Times in 7,976 Posts

You might try checking in the Cali forum. Around here you can apply to the judge or PO who put the order in force, and if you can convince him that there's a really good reason (like you've done a lot of educating yourself about domestic violence, and he's taking classes, etc.) then you might be able to have it removed.

But if I were you, I really would do a lot of reading about DV first. And then think about the reason that order was put in place.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 PM

i have had the no contact order removed in the past... right now there is still one in order but i spoke with the DA about having it removed and she said we can do an "no unwanted contact" order which means if i want contact ok but if i dont he has to respect that and leave me alone
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Closed

A "no unwanted contact" order doesn't sound like something that could ever hold up in court. Nobody wants unwanted contact. There shouldn't have to be an order for it.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:56 PM

if you find out how to get it removed please let me know. My husband and I have been married 17 years and we had this one incident happen and now we cannot have contact with each other. Although we could visit the whole time he was in prison, now does that make sense?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:11 PM

I can only speak for Texas. My son has a no contact order against him and I have been told from various resources that it can not be changed.
He is not allowed to see his own children; yet when it comes to his contact visits with me he can sit in a room full of children seeing their daddy. He can even sit right next to them.
Strange rules and laws. Do not make any sense.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about! I'm from Salinas, Monterey County, and I am able to visit him while he's in Prison but he has told me that when he is released that there may be a No Contact Order put on as part of his Parole Conditions too. I'd like any information as well if you get any so that I may be able to provision it as well! Good luck!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Standing By My Man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvuhips
Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about! I'm from Salinas, Monterey County, and I am able to visit him while he's in Prison but he has told me that when he is released that there may be a No Contact Order put on as part of his Parole Conditions too. I'd like any information as well if you get any so that I may be able to provision it as well! Good luck!
Im in cali and mine just got 8 months on a violation for us fighting and I got told there is now a no contact and I cant even see him while he is down!!!! life is so unfair......

JUSTICE IS SO BLIND it cant see the truth!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM

I tried to have an order amended from "No Contact" to "No Violent Contact" and it is not easy, it's possible but not easy. I was told to write a letter to the Judge who issued the order explaining why. Then I was given a court date to go before the Judge to plead my case... I was humilliated and mortified BUT thankful that the Judge did not budge This was the last time I ever felt sorry for my ex (oh he just wanted to see our daughter and how much better his life would be if this were to be ammended). CRAPOLA... less than a year later he broke into my house and held me at knife point for six hours.

nimuay is right, there is a reason that the order is in place, you can't ask for help from the justice system and not accept what they are offering. They are looking from the outside in and if you think about it, that is a much better place to be, the air is a lot clearer from where they are sitting and they have way more experience with this than you do. SERIOUSLY think twice before you remove it, it gives you a lot more control (with a LOT less paper work) than you will ever have in a relationship with an abuser.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting, I don't know your situation, it may very well be completely different than mine. But it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 PM

Im in Indiana with a bit different situation. We had a spat over the weekend. My boyfriend pushed me out of his way to get out of the house after I asked him not to leave because he had had too much to drink. He disagreed, and left anyway. I called him and told him if he didn't come right back(he had ran into a tree in our driveway and left anyway) he had to stay somewhere else for the night because i wasn't going to deal with him being drunk. i had had a few drinks as well, but not near as many.he returned after another hour of drinking at a bar around the corner. i had bolted the door because he does not have a key to that lock. while he banged and cussed to get back in, i gave him every chance to calm down or leave, or give me any good reason he should be able to come home. he ignored me and continued to bang and cuss. i felt like i had no choice but to call the police to help calm him down and find somewher for him to go, someone to come pick him up. instead, they saw him in the doorway of the garage and thought he was hiding. they put him face down on the ground with guns pointed at him. i came out to find out why they were doing this. they pointed their guns at me. i mad ethe mistake of telling them that he ahd pushed me out of his way. in indiana, a hard point to the shoulder is battery. even though i told them i was not hurt, and was not afraid, they took him anyway. i have since found out that the police report is completely inaccurate, listing that he "pushed me down after gaining re-entry to the home", none of which happened. after they had him in cuffs in the police car, i kept telling them they were wrong, that's not why i called them. one officer was ready to come in and clarify the situation. his partner told him no. i bailed my boyfriend out on a $20,000 bond, stood in front of the judge and told him I was not hurt, was not afraid of this man, and that i had not called for assistance because i had been injured in anyway. that was before i knew about the police report. ther has been a no-contact order,and it is killing us!! he knew he needed to quit the liquor, so i guess if nothing else- he will at least do that- but we have a home together that i just bought 6 months ago. he has no priors, not even a speeding ticket. what can i do??? i feel like i was manhandled into getting him arrested. HELP ME!!!!