Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prisons & Jails > Louisiana Private Correctional Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana Private Correctional Facilities Topics and discussion specific to private correctional facilities in Louisiana.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Question Info for "Rivers Correctional" in Ferriday, La

My husband was just transfered from a parish jail (that was only 20 minutes away) to "Rivers Correctional" in Ferriday, La. (which is like 4 hours away. ANyone have info about this place? ie: work programs, halfway housing...and calling. I was using Evercom, but now use Infinty, and I cannot receieve his calls (he's been at new place since Friday.)

Thanks,
Old 07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Elizabeth

I know Infinity is cheaper than Evercom. The number to set up an Infinity account is either 1-866-681-2948 or 1-800-853-6919. Both of them are Infinity numbers but one is used to check your account balance and the other is customer service.. i dont remember which is which.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
J.B.'s Big Sis

My brother was just granted Parole yesterday and they are sending him to an in house rehab program. They said it was Concordia...but now I'm not sure if it was Rivers Correctional or Concordia Parish...the did call it Concordia. Does anyone have any information on Concordia Parish Correctional?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:53 AM

I think River Correctional uses Globel Tel-link. The physical address is 26362 Hwy 15, Ferriday, La, 71334. Phone is 318-757-0622. You can visit every week-end & you can bring in food. I think that most week-ends you can buy plate lunches there too (fried fish, burgers something). They do have work release, housing is in dorms the halfway house is in a separate place. Hope this helps.
Rainbow
Old 04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Loving my richie...

My fiance was here for 5 yrs...they have a great work release program but some things that go on there are questionable. Go to theconcordiaunderground.org and read up on the forums posted about work release and the cpso...will give you alot of info.
The Following User Says Thank You to cls7779 For This Useful Post:
mom2qtee (12-14-2010)
Old 04-18-2008, 04:16 PM

Default help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
I think River Correctional uses Globel Tel-link. The physical address is 26362 Hwy 15, Ferriday, La, 71334. Phone is 318-757-0622. You can visit every week-end & you can bring in food. I think that most week-ends you can buy plate lunches there too (fried fish, burgers something). They do have work release, housing is in dorms the halfway house is in a separate place. Hope this helps.

Hi,

My son got to Concordia today. Does the facility have a website? How big is this facility? Visitation? Phone Calls?

Thanks, smith

Rainbow
Hi,

My son got to Concordia today. Does the facility have a website? How big is this facility? Visitation? Phone Calls?

Thanks, smith
Old 04-24-2008, 08:17 PM

No the facility doesn't have a web-site. I think there are just over 500 beds at River.
Rainbow
Old 05-03-2008, 06:07 PM
J.B.'s Big Sis

My brother was just sent to Concordia Parish Correctional which is right next door to River Correctional. My Mother, granddaughter & I went to visit him last weekend. From what he says it's a small facility..about 600 prisoners. They do have IWF and you can buy food for yourself and for the inmate when you visit. The menu isn't very big and it's mostly sandwiches and burgers but they do have a few hot meal items. The burgers that we had were very good. You can also purchase snack items for the inmate to take back to the dorm or to eat there. Our visit was in the Law Library. They told me on the phone that visitation was from 8-noon and from 1-4 but we found after we got there that they do not guarantee you but an hour! If there are a lot of people waiting to visit and the room is full then the first to arrive have to leave so the ones waiting can go in! I guess that is because they have limited space for visitation. My brother said the food that they give them is really good and that there is a LOT of it. It must be true because it was the first time we have ever visited him in three years that he didn't want anything to eat! When he was at Claiborne Parish Correctional he said they barely fed them enough....and he spent a lot on meals from IWF but here he says it is really good and he's told me some of what they have and it really sound good!

Concordia uses Globel Tel-Link too. I think it works differently than Infinity. My Mother has her local phone service through AT&T and Infinity did not have a billing agreement with them so they had to put money on an account with their credit card in order for my brother to call them. It seems that with Globel Tel-Link he can just call them collect like he does me. That makes it nice because that way his calls always go through to them.

My brother is there on a 150 day in house rehab program as a condition of his parole. He was transferred from Claiborne Correctional where he was a Trustee so this is like going back to day one for him! He said they don't even come out of the dorm to eat. They serve their meal to them in the dorm. At least at Claiborne they did go to the chow hall to eat! He's only been there a couple of weeks but one week they didn't even have the rehab because they were filling sandbags every day because the river was flooding the town! He called last night and said they had finished with the sand bag detail but he sort of hated it because at least that did get them out of the dorm every other day!

They cannot have books or magazines like they could at the other places and they told me it was because they wanted them to concentrate on the rehab program but they do have an in house library and they have a cart that goes around with books they can get to read.

We have only had one visit so I don't really have a lot to tell about the atmosphere but so far all the guards seem really nice...at least the ones that we talk to. I have called a few times and so has my Mom and everyone we have spoken to has been really nice and really helpful. You cannot wear ANY jewelery except your wedding ring and watch in to visit. They give you a little plastic bag to put your ID, car keys, jewelery and anything else you have with you in...they keep it til you come out. So if you don't want to leave things with the guard I suggest you leave them in the car. All I took in was my key and ID....I did forget and wear earrings and had to put them into the bag. Next time I won't wear any. Someone in line said you can't wear jackets in either. I didn't find it cool inside but my Mom did (she is 80 so it makes a difference!) so if you get cold easily I'd wear long sleeves. Another thing that was different from Claiborne is that there we waited for someone to come take our food order and at Concordia you get a pencil and mark the menu yourself and go up to the window and turn it in and pay for it. There are no waiters. We sat there for a long time waiting for someone to come take our order before I got up and asked!

I will try to pass along any information I get as time goes on.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:19 AM

My boyfriend has been in Rivers for 3 weeks now. Our first visit is in 2 weeks. Anyway can anyone tell me a little about the phone service. Infinity is it? How does that work cuz I keep getting put on hold and no one ever comes on the line. I'm trying to set up an account.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Loving my richie...

Your best bet would be to set up the prepay account when he calls you from there, that way you don't have to deal with talking to anyone there because you will probably NEVER get them on the phone!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Our Love is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by b/cIMissHim View Post
My husband was just transfered from a parish jail (that was only 20 minutes away) to "Rivers Correctional" in Ferriday, La. (which is like 4 hours away. ANyone have info about this place? ie: work programs, halfway housing...and calling. I was using Evercom, but now use Infinty, and I cannot receieve his calls (he's been at new place since Friday.)

Thanks,
Hi, I think I live in the same area as you do. My fiance was just transfered there this week. I haven't been able to find much info on this place, because it doesnt have a website. I would love to find out more about visitations. Any info would be welcome. Thank you.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 PM

My soon to be husband just recently gotten transferred at rivers in ferriday.I was wondering is there anyway we can get married over there!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 PM

My fianace was transfered to Rivers today from CCC, he was there on a probabtion violation and only had 2 months left. Is this facility a DOC facilty? Anyone know what the visitation schedule / rules are? Are they contact visists? What about phone calls? Here we use City Telecom, I have no idea how to even go about getting it set up so that he can call. Any help would be more that appreciated! Had no idea that he was even going to be moved, went to visit him tonight and they told me he was no longer a Caddo Correctional Center (which was only 10 minutes from our house). This is my first experience with anyone in jail period so I am really new to the system, so I really would appreciate any and all information. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by EAFLORES; 08-13-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,354 Times in 5,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAFLORES View Post
My fianace was transfered to Rivers today from CCC, he was there on a probabtion violation and only had 2 months left. Is this facility a DOC facilty? Anyone know what the visitation schedule / rules are? Are they contact visists? What about phone calls? Here we use City Telecom, I have no idea how to even go about getting it set up so that he can call. Any help would be more that appreciated! Had no idea that he was even going to be moved, went to visit him tonight and they told me he was no longer a Caddo Correctional Center (which was only 10 minutes from our house). This is my first experience with anyone in jail period so I am really new to the system, so I really would appreciate any and all information. Thank you in advance!
I'm sorry, the best thing I can tell you is to call the facility and find out from them what phone services they use and what the visiting hours are.

River Correctional Center [540C]
Phone: 318.757.0622 Fax: 318.757.4140
Warden Rickey Spinner
26362 Highway 15
Ferriday, LA 71334

Introducing PTO Quarterly - Summer 2014 Issue Read All About it Right Here!!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:36 PM

Hello my hubby just got to rivers an I am trying to hind out any I go that is possible.. So can someone please help me
Old 10-04-2013, 03:38 PM

hi,

i found out things about the parish facility where my bf is by calling them and also having him do a little research of his own in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by lique View Post
Hello my hubby just got to rivers an I am trying to hind out any I go that is possible.. So can someone please help me

Old 10-05-2013, 11:09 AM

Thank u.. I have did a lil calling waiting on him yo
Call