Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > CANADA PRISON FORUMS > Canada Prisons - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Canada Prisons - What You Need to Know Whatever you need to know about the prison system in Canada can probably be found here!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:04 AM

Talking Central East Correction Center Lindsay Ontario

I have been hearing a lot of talk about Joyceville, Kingston etc.....so not that I am wanting to create a new subject but I havent heard much chat about cecc in lindsay.

I want to send my loved one a care package of sorts, can I send him stamps envelopes paper pens pencils, toiletries etc....

I am not sure about what correctional inmates are allowed to have compared to federal inmates are allowed to have.

Is it different when he's there because he's been denied bail and is awaiting trial. Can I still send him items. His son (16 years old) has offered to send him his 13 inch tv. Will they allow this seeing as he has not been sentenced yet. Or should I just send a money order for him to buy things himself.

At the expense of sounding really stupid I just wanted to ask because I have always assumed different institutions have different rules etc....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 08:28 AM

Default What can you send?

The best thing you can send is money, which he in turn can purchase items from the canteen.

You can phone the jail and ask, just call your local jail in North Bay, all the pre-trial centres' have the same rules, all governed by the Province.

You can send pre stamped envelopes and writing paper, and that is about it. On canteen he can order news papers, chocolate bars, pens, stamps, writing papers, shampoo, soap, vitamins, general supplies.

Most expensive is obviously newspapers, you can sign up for one week at a time. The Toronto Sun, Star. If you get the paper, everybody loves you because they all want to read it.

If he has outside interests, you could subscribe to a magazine or two, as long as it is mailed directly from the publisher subscription service.

Finally, if you wanted books sent in, or any of your questions answered, call the jail and get the phone number to the chaplin, he'll have an office there. You can call him directly, ask any questions, donate books, and he can actually go visit your friend and pass on a personal hello from you.

The chaplin can also arrange a more private setting for him to use the chaplins phone, on occassion, to call and talk to you.

Good luck. Robert.
The Following User Says Thank You to KCampbell For This Useful Post:
Geespot_01 (02-21-2010)
Old 06-17-2007, 08:34 AM

thanks robert that was very helpful