Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

North Carolina Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all North Carolina prisons.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Default dart-cherry

Has or does anyone know someone who has or is in this program? Need information.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2007, 01:01 AM

My husband did this program last year. What do you need to know?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:45 AM

Default son and dart

My son goes in on July 5. I was wondering about the phone calls? I have voice over internet, and was told he wouldn't be able to call.(Might be a good thing).I was told I would have to have a regular phone line. Also, what do theu eat and what are some of the things they do? Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM

The Dart program is real intensive. They go to class everyday M - F 8-4. The food there was better than alot of camps. He didn't complain, and he is a really picky eater. In his spare time, he played basketball, cards, and wrote alot of letters.
Call Correctional Billing to find out if you can pre-pay your calls to your phone #. This is what I do. The # is 800-844-6591.
You have to schedule your viists in advance. Visitation is not too bad. The CO's were nice.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Really the Dart program is like an INTENSIVE AA/NA session. The visits as said must be made in advance mostly to make sure they are not busy with their sessions or meetings or class work. My loved one was in the program twice - the first time he quit and was transfered back to the prison he came from, the second time he went in to it and stuck it out and really got some helpful knowledge from it. Basically they have to be READY for it and have to want it. Same as with any AA/NA meeting - but its a really helpful insightful program and it does tend to wake them up a little. Makes them realize how the drugs and drinking has affected their lives and the lives of others around them as well.

As for your phone calls you can call Correctional Billing they will help you - but he will NOT be able to call over the internet. The phone system there will be able to detect the static or noise in the line and disconnect the call each and everytime he tries to call. Then eventually he will not be allowed to call that number. So best to try and get another number for him to call where there is no static or noise for the system to detect.

Good luck and hope things go well for you and your son!!

Kelly