Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Arkansas prisons.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 PM
His "Blue-Eyed" Angel

Angry Pope County Detention Center in Russellville Arkansas

Pope County Detention Center in Russellville Arkansas My husband is incarcerated at Pope County awaiting transfer to RPF. I don't understand this facility at all? I called to ask if you could send like word search puzzles to the inmates so they could pass the time and the guard told me no that it was considered contraband . Now how can a simple word search puzzle that you print off the internet be considered contraband? The only thing that they are allowed to do is watch tv or read a bible and that is it. They have a GED program but he already has his High School Diploma so he doesn't qualify for that. How can you get it to where inmates can have more things at the county level. You get more freedoms as in books and newspapers in the state level. They need to do more to help the county inmates as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Marydi

My son spent four months in Pope County and we were able to mail him puzzle books.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Jass

I don't know if puzzle books are allowed but you will get told about 3 different things by different people up there. My man just spent a weekend up there but nobody knew the answers to ANY of our questions! They couldn't even get his court dates right on his paperwork..good luck w/ pope county!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 AM

Hi I send a package a week. So far all I know that you can send is notebook paper, computer paper, and anything you want to pull off the computer! They are not aloud to have books, But you can pull off stoys from your computer. Sometimes the girls ask me to pull off the news papers. Now when you send it You need to write on the back of the big envelope what is in it. If you pull of anything from the computer , Just write computer paper. You can also print off photos and seen them . I have mailed a package that cost 6 dollars before. They injoy my packages! Anything is worth a try! It has not stoped me and so far they have gotten all mine!! I even go so far as printing out coloring pages. Hope this helps!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:14 PM

Angry pope county visitation hours

The Pope County visitation hours are from 12-1:30 or 2 on Sundays and start at 6 pm on Wednesdays, but you need to get there way beforehand to get on the list if you want to visit. I got there at 1:30 and was told I was too late. This makes me very unhappy, since I called to find out the hours and was told I could come and visit that day still. I guess the line was too long and the officer just did not want to add another peson to the list. Their hours for visitation are not posted online. This is incomprehensible. My tax dollars pay for this jail to operate and the jailers' salaries. You'd think they would be a little more organized and professional. Obviously, not.
Also, if you do not have a home phone carrier set up to receive collect calls, you have to set up an outrageously priced account to receive calls from inmates. $25 dollars will get you about a 10 minute call time.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 AM

I know I am having the same phone issue too. I am a little upset that my phone company is not able to bill it to my phone bill.I do not understand the benefits of the service the inmates must use.Yes it is the inmates fault for screwing up and ending up behind bars.But the family has to deal with them not being at home then on top of it they want to throw crazy phone charges at us too.And it is an obstical course just getting the sefvice set up.I called the jail and let them no I was not going to pay them prices for him only being there for 10 days.Another thing that upsets me is my husband and i have 3 kids and been married 8 years and I have to wait until visitation time to see him or speak to him and stuff but his mother goes to drop off him some money and they let her see him even though it isnt visitation time.I am just glad he is only in there for 10 days because if it was any longer than that I am not sure if I could keep my cool.I think that them watching tv all day is BS.Books are better for you as well as being able to talk to your family.They can use our tax money for TV but not for local telephone calls....thats stupid...