Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

North Carolina Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all North Carolina prisons.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Closed

Default Franklin Correctional Center in Bunn

Does anyone know anything about this prison? Other than what is written on the DOC website. I have already read that, I was just wondering if anyone had any specific or personal information about it... I have a friend there and am in the process of trying to find him a pen pal, and thought that if I found him one maybe it would be nice if I could tell them about the prison and what they can or can't get away with, both through the mail and on visits.

Thanks

Devoted
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

From what I can remember - FRANKLIN is an OK place. They have outside visits sitting at picnic tables in the summer. There are no snack machines and no pictures from what I remember. But of course that was awhile back - so it could have changed by now. Its out in the middle of nowhere really, all country roads leading to it and around it. I only went there ONCE - so I'm not alot of help. You have to wait outside then you are taken in thru the main gate and go into the visitation house where then you go out a door thru another set of gates into the yard. You have to sit outside or inside in the rec room and wait on your inmate. Pretty laid back place from what I remember. When you first walk up to wait you are directly below the guard tower which can be a little intimidating for some. They also drop the keys from the guard tower in a bucket for personal to enter. I thought that was actually pretty funny.... but that is all I really remember. Hope it helps some.

Kelly
Old 06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Closed

Night thanks, but I called and talked to the visitation L yesterday for my friend. There are no more outside visits, and you can't even sit next to the inmate, only across from them and you can't hold hands even. Your hands have to stay on the table at all times. And your right no pictures and no vending machines. They said they used to take pictures but quit because of people passing stuff.

My friend says the prison is pretty run down, no A/C and they are packed in there like sardines. He said it is pretty miserable. But he only has 90 days left so I guess he will maintain. I wish I could visit but we all know you can only be on one visitation list in NC and I just really don't think Chris would understand if I had myself removed from his list to go see another guy. He might get a little more than jealous and start trippin thinking something else was going on. It took forever for him to relax and trust that we were just friends to begin with.

But thanks for the reply.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:17 AM

my sweetie is in Franklin now . I just wanted to say that visits rotate by last initial. they will be either Sat 10 :00 am-11:30 or 2:30 pm -4:00 or Sun 10:30am -11:30 or 2:30-4:00pm. You can get a schedule when you check in. You do not have to call and make appointments but only 3 people can visit so if you don't want to drive for nothing co-ordinate. you cannot line up at the fence to get in until 15 min. before your visit. It is truly rural so don't think you are going to find a Mickey D's close by. Prepare accordingly.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 AM

Vito has been @ Franklin for a minute now...he DESPISES it!! I have yet to visit him there b/c of the cost of gas...so I can't comment on any of the visitatation stuff...sorry!